Round 13 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All done with 1657 from my 17, will drop in the rankings again.

By the end of next week I'm sure I'll be able to say it was a *en terrible bye period for my side.

1441 all out from 15, yuck

Austin, Rice, Macrae and McLean sub 50s

Geelong vs Richmond tomorrow, arguably the most irrelevant DT sides this season

Richmond are close but Geelong are really not irrelevant. Ablett, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola and just about the best rookie this year in Tim Kelly. Gold Coast are the most irrelevant team.

1555 with dusty and danger today fielding 18 for every bye week and i didnt even plan it :D

Richmond are close but Geelong are really not irrelevant. Ablett, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola and just about the best rookie this year in Tim Kelly. Gold Coast are the most irrelevant team.
Apart from Telly, none of them Cats players screamed pick me at season's start due to Ablett coming into the mix and most of them seemingly were overpriced and haven't performed well against their starting value except maybe Jelwood. Poor bye round went against them too when it came to starting selection.

Aside from maybe Menegola, none of them are in the mix to be a top performer in their respective positions.

Gold Coast are definitely irrelevant

Fantasy relevancy chart imo

Most relevant
Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Essendon
GWS
Port Adelaide

Could be relevant (but lack rookies this bunch)
Carlton
Brisbane
Collingwood
Hawthorn
West Coast

Not really
Geelong
North Melbourne

Irrelevant
Richmond
Gold Coast

1371 with Duncan and Higgins to come

Fantasy relevancy chart imo

Most relevant
Melbourne
St Kilda
Fremantle
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Essendon
GWS
Port Adelaide

Could be relevant (but lack rookies this bunch)
Carlton
Brisbane
Collingwood
Hawthorn
West Coast

Not really
Geelong
North Melbourne

Irrelevant
Richmond
Gold Coast

Pies a tad low
Grundy, Treloar, Murray as a rookie, Crisp, Howe, Sidey,

Pies a tad low
Grundy, Treloar, Murray as a rookie, Crisp, Howe, Sidey,
Grundy: question marks over how he performs with Cox in the side floating around at season's start. Gawn and Stef or Gawn and Lycett were the preferred starting ruck combos. Stef owners won't upgrade to Grundy imo, they'll just roll with him, only the Lycett owners will
Pendles: POD
Sidey: POD
Crisp: POD
Howe: POD

Treloar: top mid, some people started with him, others have traded him in, probably the Pies second most relevant player

Murray has been your only lock and load rookie option with no one else coming through to jump on in that mould, no one rated Appleby and Stephenson was seen as overpriced for many at season's start.

Sure you've had a lot of options, but many people have looked past the Pies this year imo for many reasons

A case could be made for West Coast and Brisbane in this regard too, but I feel both lack lock and load options also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many Collingwood players do we all have in our teams? Gone are the days of Pendles and Swannie being top 8 mids, Beams being available on the cheap, Sidebottom and Adams having DPP etc.

I have 1 and have only had a max of 1 all season so far Murray first then traded him out with Howe coming in. I would say many others would have only had 1 or 2 all year so far also.

They had a poor bye week with Essendon, Melbourne and GWS players all being far more attractive to either start with or trade in as the season has unfolded from that bye round and have had a lack of popular rookies all year save for Murray.

They were far more relevant last year than they are this year, only midtable for me this year in relevancy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back