NRL Round 13 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'm a little bit over the NRL. The refereeing is far too inept, and it's deciding far too many matches.

- The Soliola strip at the end of the Raiders game that was called a knock on was absolutely beyond ridiculous. How could any adjudicate that as having gone forward?

- The Paulo "knock on" in golden point was a clear strip that was missed about 5 metres in front of the touchy. But referees become even more inept when we get to extra time because they refuse to call penalties... Oh, the irony of not wanting to be seen as deciding the match.

- And this isn't exclusive to todays game - every ******* golden point game we get now sees the team with the ball form a wall to the side of the ruck. And knowing that referees won't penalise the team if they run into the blockers, they're now left to have to just round around it, giving the kicker even more time to get the field goal shot off.

I don't even know how they fix it, cos it's reached plague proportions now. I reckon the Raiders have now lost 3 matches this season due to s**t refereeing, and I reckon we've won 1, possibly 2 for the same reason.

Looking at the ladder at the halfway mark. You can probably put a line through the bottom 6 teams. They have all already lost at least 8 games are playing poorly and dont look like going on a run in the 2nd half of the year.

The raiders and penrith are the only two teams outside the 8 that i can see making the finals and they both have the ability to go on a run and could push themselves in the 8 by the end of the year.

Golden point is a stupid idea and one of the few things I think we get right in England that is wrong in the NRL is just giving a point for a draw.

I think I'm a little bit over the NRL. The refereeing is far too inept, and it's deciding far too many matches.

- The Soliola strip at the end of the Raiders game that was called a knock on was absolutely beyond ridiculous. How could any adjudicate that as having gone forward?

- The Paulo "knock on" in golden point was a clear strip that was missed about 5 metres in front of the touchy. But referees become even more inept when we get to extra time because they refuse to call penalties... Oh, the irony of not wanting to be seen as deciding the match.

- And this isn't exclusive to todays game - every ******* golden point game we get now sees the team with the ball form a wall to the side of the ruck. And knowing that referees won't penalise the team if they run into the blockers, they're now left to have to just round around it, giving the kicker even more time to get the field goal shot off.

I don't even know how they fix it, cos it's reached plague proportions now. I reckon the Raiders have now lost 3 matches this season due to s**t refereeing, and I reckon we've won 1, possibly 2 for the same reason.
As a raiders fan, I agree with a lot of what you say.
- soliola decision he reefed it out and it went backwards.
- paulo, I agree that it was knocked out by a manly player but not really a strip, the strip penalty that cost us against manly the first time round against tapine was much worse.

I don't think many of us dispute that the balance of power with regard to strips/loose carries is way off beam. Penalties for 'strips' should only apply in the most blatant of cases; more responsibility should be placed on the ball-carrier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back