Game Day Round 13: Dreamtime in Darwin - Essendon v Richmond, TIO Stadium, 22/8/20, 7.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetSledge

Resident Photoshopper
May 24, 2007
Round the Fields of Anfield Road
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Round13.jpg

Form.png

ESSENDON BOMBERS

Insipid football, played by a bunch of blokes who looked like they didn't have two shits to rub together.
Disgraceful, lazy efforts with no two way running.
Injuries can only be an excuse for the team selection, and doesn't excuse the lack of effort shown.
5 goals in a game of footy. Pathetic.
Let St Kilda have it all their own way from the get go, and deserved to lose by far more than they did.
Far too many passengers doing absolutely nothing, capped off by a "coach" who laughed and looked like he was having a gay old time after we were pounded.
Absolute cock and balls.

ST KILDA 10.8 68 def. ESSENDON 5.3 33

BEST:
Parish, Shiel, Merrett, McGrath, Langford
GOALS: Begley, Langford, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Saad, Townsend

--------

RICHMOND TIGERS

Were completely substandard for the first half of the game before turning on a little class to grind out a win against the Suns.
Lynch and Riewoldt kicked two goals apiece, whilst the former wanted to get some extra stats and let fly with two punches.
You'd think he'd cop at least a week, but the sash on his jumper is yellow, not red. A fine will be just dandy, according to dimwit Christian.
Not much else to write about here, they just find ways to win, whereas we find ways to lose.

RICHMOND 8.5 53 def. GOLD COAST 4.8 32

BEST:
Grimes, Riewoldt, Short, Cotchin, McIntosh, Vlastuin
GOALS: Lynch, Riewoldt 2, Chol, McIntosh, Pickett, Soldo

Lineups.png

Round13.jpg

CHANGES:

ESSENDON INS: Aaron Francis, Brayden Ham, Devon Smith, Irving Mosquito, Jake Stringer, Mason Redman, Tom Bellchambers
ESSENDON OUTS: Conor McKenna (Hip), Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Jacob Townsend, Josh Begley, Kobe Mutch, Shaun McKernan, Tom Cutler (All Omit)

RICHMOND INS: Bachar Houli
RICHMOND OUTS: Nathan Broad (Omit)

MILESTONES:
Stewart.png

JAMES STEWART
#17 - ESSENDON
50 GAMES

294592.png

KAMDYN McINTOSH

#33 - RICHMOND
100 GAMES

-----------------------------------------------

DEBUT:
Mosquito.png

IRVING MOSQUITO - #22

FWD - 176cm, 72kg
Recruited From: Hallls Creek (WA)/ Maffra (VIC) / Gippsland Grammar (VIC) / Gippsland U18
Pick #38, 2018 National Draft

Selection.png

One change for the reigning premiers, with champion half-back and (regrettably) Ex-Bomber Bachar Houli returning to the senior side this week, replacing Nathan Broad.

Seven changes for the Bombers however, who have had their hand forced based on a frankly disgusting performance last week against St Kilda. Conor McKenna is missing with a hip injury, but Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Jacob Townsend, Josh Begley, Kobe Mutch, Shaun McKernan, and Tom Cutler have all been dropped. For most of those, it's hard to disagree. Perhaps Mutch and Begley could be a little stuff, but Cutler and McKernan have both done nothing for weeks (McKernan especially has been absolutely non-existent). Zerk-Thatcher wasn't all that bad I didn't think, but was the worst of our defenders. Townsend really hasn't hit his straps at Essendon whatsoever, so he will miss facing up to his old side. Returning is arguably our best forward in Jake Stringer, who has been missing for months with a syndesmosis injury. Tom Bellchambers, Aaron Francis, Brayden Ham, Devon Smith (Please do something), and Mason Redman all return from the magoos, and in perhaps the most exciting debut we've had for quite a while, livewire small forward Irving Mosquito will finally play his first game of AFL footy.

And there would be no better place for him to make his debut than in the annual Dreamtime game, being held up in Darwin due to the ongoing pandemic situation down here in shitty, cold, 7 degrees Melbourne.

Last Time.png

ROUND 10, 2019
MCG
25/5/19

RICHMOND TIGERS 10.13 73
def.
ESSENDON BOMBERS 6.14 50

---------

ESSENDON GOALS: Langford 3, Bellchambers, Laverde, Begley
RICHMOND GOALS: Lynch, Castagna, Higgins 2, Prestia, Rioli, Bolton, Baker

ESSENDON BEST: Bellchambers, Merrett, Parish, Langford, McGrath
RICHMOND BEST: Houli, Martin, Edwards, Higgins, Vlastuin

---------

CHANGES SINCE THEN

ESSENDON OUTS:
Laverde, Begley, Hooker, Zaharakis, McKernan, Heppell, Ambrose, McKenna, McNiece
ESSENDON INS: Ridley, Gleeson, D. Clarke, Ham, Mosquito, Stewart, Draper, Snelling, Smith

RICHMOND OUTS: Edwards (omg yes), Prestia, Caddy, Ellis, Astbury, Higgins, Coleman-Jones, Menadue, Broad, Garthwaite
RICHMOND INS: Riewoldt, Aarts, Lambert, Graham, Pickett, Soldo, Cotchin, Short, Markov, Chol

1596158419922.png

Usually having Shane Edwards out guarantees that we're a much better chance, as he obliterates us every time. With that said, I don't think we're a chance here at all.

Richmond by plenty.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
My interest levels for this one are on par with the playing group over the last few weeks.

Expecting to peak about the 3 minute mark of the 1st Quarter before taking a swift decline after that.

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers
Conditions might be better than last nights game given the humidity has dropped off a bit so that's something, maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks VS. Stranger things have happened than we win - but not many. Felt the same way before the Pies game though so who knows?

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm actually very interested to see what Caracella and Rutten have come up with to negate Richmond. We have inside knowledge, but can we execute it?

Teams usually flood their defence to stop Richmond. Do we do the same or do we identify another weakness?

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Getting strange texts from Richmond mates about Belly and photos.... it's the worst thing about Richmond games - extra contact with their supporters.

Albertross

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
Cheers VS, absolutely love your game day write ups. Yours too Lore 🤭. Just shitting with you Lore, appreciate everything you do for the forum.

Have emotionally detached myself from this year, makes the game easier to watch. I find myself laughing at how inept we are instead of wanting to smash my tv.

Keeps my blood pressure down and potentially saves me money.

Stringer back for us is huge and hopeful that Mozzie plays a good game.

Anyway, backed the boys to win and Tippa to kick the first. Countered that by backing the Tigers by 25+ and Christians love child to kick one of first 3. Reckon I will be in front by the end of the night either way.

Love for us to win and it's the type of game we pull out of our arse every now and then, just to make us feel good and paper over the cracks.

Don's to win, 1-39 🤣

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Cheers VS, absolutely love your game day write ups. Yours too Lore 🤭. Just shitting with you Lore, appreciate everything you do for the forum.
Lol my write ups contain 0 actual write up and don’t take very long to do, usually because I don’t find out until the last minute that one is needed 🙃 quite happy for mine to be sh*t tbh!

VS does a great job 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad