Game Day Round 13: Dreamtime in Darwin - Essendon v Richmond, TIO Stadium, 22/8/20, 7.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRoyboy

Premium Platinum
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
More acting, more umpiring incompetence.
I actually blame the player for the over reaction and the dive. The umpire probably thought he actually got hit in the head. It was a flop just like Grimes. The umpires are getting sucked in and made to look foolish. But it needs to be called out and then Richmond having made the umpires look foolish will be penalised in future by not getting legitimate frees because they are known as a team of floppers.
But that doesn’t help Essendon. They will say they have won by much more than those goals but it’s the point in the game that they have happened. Massive momentum swingers at critical points in the game. Just bad luck for you guys, I would have been throwing something at the TV by now if it was the Bulldogs on the end of some of these decisions. So I feel for you.

Halftimehero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2012
Front and Square
AFL Club
Essendon
Two moments in the game

Tippa puts us 2 goals up, goal not allowed and momentum completely sucked out of the players, Richmond run rampant.

Bombers kick 3 in a row, get the margin back to single figures, Bullshit 50m penalty, Richmond run rampant.

Don’t tell me umpires don’t influence matches, we probably still lose because of the class difference but geez they make it that much harder for us.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Inside 50s contested possessions and scoring shots tell the full story just a matter of time with those stats that a few dodgy free kicks come of it
Just heard the commentators say how lopsided the contested possession count is (+30). Meanwhile our reactionary caching panel paid a mint don't try something different. They merely change personell in the same style. One small miidfielder for another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jordanl

Debutant
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I love how sh*t our midfield is! WTB some midfielders that can tackle, defend and win contested footy. Also Maybe one more that can spread and use the ball like merret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad