Preview Round 13, Dreamtime in Darwin: Essendon vs Richmond, Marrara, Saturday 22/08/2020, 7:40 AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could play Caddy into form it is us!

Hes not even in haha

Expecting a close game tonight btw, you guys look much better on paper than the last few weeks

Hes not even in haha

Expecting a close game tonight btw, you guys look much better on paper than the last few weeks
If by close you mean you ony win by 6 goals rather than 16 I agree

This is going to be uncomfortable viewing on so many levels.

1. It's in Darwin so it will feel like a glorified NAB Cup game. (I don't begrudge the N.T getting games during the COVID crisis, by the way)
2. It's 34°C in Darwin today, with higher than usual humidity (for August).
3. The skills on display last night during Carlton vs Gold Coast were only a sign of things to come tonight. And unfortunately our opposition is one of the absolute best in those sort of difficult conditions.
4. Hardwick and Tom Lynch have been put under the media blowtorch all week. (So have we... but when has this club in the past few years responded after a week of criticism?)
5. It's Richmond. A team we haven't looked like beating since 2014!

This playing group don't have the appetite to get up for this sort of game. Oh... and we play Hawthorn next week (could've been a winnable game in most circumstances) coming off a short break from the heat in Darwin.

We would already be counting down the days until the end of the season.

At least Edwards is out, he always seems to be in the best three on ground against us. Their midfield will be too strong, Dusty to have a night out. We have a stronger team on paper than last couple of weeks but won’t be good enough.

I dunno, just got a feeling youll play better
We've been a close call against bottom sides and very reliable against quality (except the Pies). .

Going off our season so far the outcome will be determined on Richmond's effort. You guys bring it then you win by 40 plus. You don't turn then you win by a bit less. Of all clubs you guys should remember what this looks like.

Just about full Essington to bring Bellchambers back for anything more than a farewell.

Not playing Crauford is negligence where we can count on neither of Daniher or Bellchambers.
Crauford is Category B isn't he? I think Cat Bs still have to be upgraded in lieu of a long term injury (normal Cat A rookies don't).

Crauford is Category B isn't he? I think Cat Bs still have to be upgraded in lieu of a long term injury (normal Cat A rookies don't).
No, Hird and one of the Irish lads (I think McQuillan) are Category B rookies, SSP are separate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crauford would be raw as all ****, has he even played at VFL level before?
Wasn’t he playing SANFL reserves last season? If Gown is so raw what about this guy? Learning and observing year, he’s 204cm or something...give him time, not rushing him in

At least Edwards is out, he always seems to be in the best three on ground against us. Their midfield will be too strong, Dusty to have a night out. We have a stronger team on paper than last couple of weeks but won’t be good enough.
Yep, Edwards has ripped us plenty more times than Martin. A bit like Sidebottom there.

Crauford would be raw as all ****, has he even played at VFL level before?
Wasn’t he playing SANFL reserves last season? If Gown is so raw what about this guy? Learning and observing year, he’s 204cm or something...give him time, not rushing him in

He's 23 and the competition is Bellchambers who is arguably the most cooked player in the league.

We are likely to have a Daniher and Bellchambers sized hole in the list in about 6 weeks with no idea whether we have cover on the list for next year and a draft we know jack s**t about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back