Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Charlie Chaplin protest.gif
Love Bye Rounds BUT .....WE DO NOT WANT GAMES SHIFTED THRU THE BYES !

Welcome to Round 13, the 2nd of the Bye series

Bye (noun);

• 1) If someone is given a bye, they are allowed to miss out part of a competition and continue to the next stage without having to win anything. (shoutouts Cambridge Dictionary)
Example; The Blues can’t embarrass themselves this week because they have the bye.

• 2) Short form of “goodbye” – used to farewell someone or something
Example; Bye bye Highmore you massive ******* spud, can’t believe I waited 10 weeks for you to not even make next to nothing you useless campaigner.......and I still can't get rid of you :mad:

• 3) A diabolical sporting invention designed solely and purely to fu** with players of the fantasy football game “AFL Fantasy”. Often used in plural
Example; fu** THE BYES

Ever since they came into being in 2011, the byes have been a source of melts across the land...... while they were initially drawn up as a weekly problem, the Fantasy gods realised that there was a better way to screw with us and thus ..... the multi-bye rounds were born.

There’s something about the MBR’s that throws all normal convention regarding Fantasy out the window – that premo that’s only out for a week? Time to boot him sideways.....new rookie debuting in a good side who will likely be out next week?......Bring him in without a second thought.

OK enough of the positivity ......lets talk injuries , and the Clubs double speak when talking to their supporters

Injuries
1623217789482.png

OK so Nathan Fyfe is ok (almost) ......but he may have an operation .....Personally IMO he looks confident of playing again this season
FREO are saying Darcy's a test ......highly doubt he plays, with his history of injuries

Dangerfield and Duncan are back ......at least till gameday is upon us .....you know there's going to be yet another late out
Guthrie apparently is a no

Sam Berry is back after his mandatory Conussion break .....but Tex Walker is questionable

Matt Rowell is back .....that's nice, but that's a no from me

Toby's back for GWS ....and Sam Taylors injury has been great news for my player Cumming :)

McGrath's season is over

Lambert and Prestia IF back, could spell the end of RCD's year .....that's certainly music to my ears

Chad Warner, if you believe the press will be rested this week

SYDNEY vs HAWTHORN

The Big Question this week is A) will Reeves get picked as we all expect ....B) will the Golden Child of Sammy Mitchell be named

rookiesaviourfinal-gif.1150555

FREMANTLE vs GOLD COAST
WOW ...what a game ....I'm expecting this game to be a ratings buster, I'll leave you to work that one out

Gold Coast's 2nds versus the Freo's 2nds .....but on a bright note, we may see another good game from that Treacy guy .....I mean what a game last week, broke all his personal records & turned in a ripper for us Coach's

Watson slow clap.gif

The absence of so many FREO players may not be good news for Cerra owners ......and if Rowell plays, GC clearly will have the superior midfield

ST. KILDA vs ADELAIDE
The battle of the also rans .....that said what a great return to for by Jack Steele .....and finally Brad Crouch is becoming Fantasy relevant
Ryan Byrnes was okay and truth be told, has just shaded his contest with RCD

One of the biggest calls was who to trade Man-Bun to after his nerve injury .......none of the alternatives are clearcut choices, Reilly O’Brien was looked at last week as an option for those trading out the Manbun and a second consecutive monster score will have those with him currently thinking that they're onto a winner.

NORTH MELBOURNE vs GWS
OK .....for me this is the critical game !

Yes I've brought in Mr Whitfield .....so many options, but he was great value & has an excellent run of games now
Can he hold up for a few weeks ? .....in fact my side has the who's who of injury prone players .....Hall, Ziebell, Whitfield, and Kelly

Now some of you may scoff at these selections .......IMO the past does not reflect the future ......OH MY, now I'm sounding like one of those AFL clubs Puff pieces on injuries

fragilewhitfieldfinal-gif.1150621

WEST COAST vs RICHMOND
Thankyou Mr AFL for transferring this match to this week ......nevermind us Fantasy Coach's exhaustive planning .....Oh Well

WC are getting a host of players back now & after the bye .....beware the Weagles
Mr Dusty, if you could start your season a week earlier, my team would be most appreciative

CCJ came in as my Ruckman last week ...that was until Reeves was ready to play .....I'm still at a loose end as to when Grundy's going to play ....and when he does, will he be back to 100% scoring machine ?

MELBOURNE vs COLLINGWOOD
What impact will Buckley's departure have on COLL .....in fact what will be Grundy's reaction / motivation ?

I've still got way too many R14 Rookies in my side .....but I either hold or cull for who exactly ???

Poulter is still going strong with a rest next week, Bianco has been a revelation .....and Murphy is underperforming
PLEASE ...I need just one more game from RCD ......PLEASE Prestia should have another week off

PORT Vs GEELONG
They're playing .....The End

:pOk SM

So Teams tonight ......and we start an important Round

I'm ready .....TV :whitecheck:....Food :whitecheck: ....Trades at the Ready :whitecheck: .....Hopes & Dreams :whitecheck:

Titanic full-steam-ahead.gif

Last edited:

View attachment 1150785

Bye (noun);

• 1) If someone is given a bye, they are allowed to miss out part of a competition and continue to the next stage without having to win anything. (shoutouts Cambridge Dictionary)
Example; The Blues can’t embarrass themselves this week because they have the bye.

Example; Bye bye Highmore you massive ******* spud, can’t believe I waited 10 weeks for you to not even make next to nothing you useless campaigner.......and I still can't get rid of you :mad:

• 3) A diabolical sporting invention designed solely and purely to fu** with players of the fantasy football game “AFL Fantasy”. Often used in plural
Example; fu** THE BYES

Ever since they came into being in 2011, the byes have been a source of melts across the land...... while they were initially drawn up as a weekly problem, the Fantasy gods realised that there was a better way to screw with us and thus ..... the multi-bye rounds were born.

There’s something about the MBR’s that throws all normal convention regarding Fantasy out the window – that premo that’s only out for a week? Time to boot him sideways.....new rookie debuting in a good side who will likely be out next week?......Bring him in without a second thought.

OK enough of the positivity ......lets talk injuries , and the Clubs double speak when talking to their supporters

Injuries
View attachment 1150800

OK so Nathan Fyfe is ok (almost) ......but he may have an operation .....Personally IMO he looks confident of playing again this season
FREO are saying Darcy's a test ......highly doubt he plays, with his history of injuries

Dangerfield and Duncan are back ......at least till gameday is upon us .....you know there's going to be yet another late out

Sam Berry is back after his mandatory Conussion break .....but Tex Walker is questionable

Toby's back for GWS ....and Sam Taylors injury has been great news for my player Cumming :)

McGrath's season is over

Lambert and Prestia IF back, could spell the end of RCD's year .....that's certainly music to my ears

SYDNEY vs HAWTHORN

The Big Question this week is A) will Reeves get picked as we all expect ....B) will the Golden Child of Sammy Mitchell be named

FREMANTLE vs GOLD COAST
WOW ...what a game ....I'm expecting this game to be a ratings buster, I'll leave you to work that one out

Gold Coast's 2nds versus the Freo's 2nds .....but on a bright note, we may see another good game from that Treacy guy .....I mean what a game last week, broke all his personal records & turned in a ripper for us Coach's

View attachment 1150835

The absence of so many FREO players may not be good news for Cerra owners ......and if Rowell plays, GC clearly will have the superior midfield

ST. KILDA vs ADELAIDE
The battle of the also rans .....that said what a great return to for by Jack Steele .....and finally Brad Crouch is becoming Fantasy relevant

One of the biggest calls was who to trade Man-Bun to after his nerve injury .......none of the alternatives are clearcut choices, Reilly O’Brien was looked at last week as an option for those trading out the Manbun and a second consecutive monster score will have those with him currently thinking that they're onto a winner.

NORTH MELBOURNE vs GWS

Yes I've brought in Mr Whitfield .....so many options, but he was great value & has an excellent run of games now
Can he hold up for a few weeks ? .....in fact my side has the who's who of injury prone players .....Hall, Ziebell, Whitfield, and Kelly

Now some of you may scoff at these selections .......IMO the past does not reflect the future ......OH MY, now I'm sounding like one of those AFL clubs Puff pieces on injuries

WEST COAST vs RICHMOND
Thankyou Mr AFL for transferring this match to this week ......nevermind us Fantasy Coach's exhaustive planning .....Oh Well

WC are getting a host of players back now & after the bye .....beware the Weagles
Mr Dusty, if you could start your season a week earlier, my team would be most appreciative

CCJ came in as my Ruckman last week ...that was until Reeves was ready to play .....I'm still at a loose end as to when Grundy's going to play ....and when he does, will he be back to 100% scoring machine ?

MELBOURNE vs COLLINGWOOD
What impact will Buckley's departure have on COLL .....in fact what will be Grundy's reaction / motivation ?

I've still got way too many R14 Rookies in my side .....but I either hold or cull for who exactly ???

Poulter is still going strong with a rest next week, Bianco has been a revelation .....and Murphy is underperforming
PLEASE ...I need just one more game from RCD ......PLEASE Prestia should have another week off

PORT Vs GEELONG

I'm ready .....TV :whitecheck:....Food :whitecheck: ....Trades at the Ready :whitecheck: .....Hopes & Dreams :whitecheck:

View attachment 1150865
Tremendous.

If I were to nitpick, you could argue that Ziebell isn't actually injury prone ;)

View attachment 1150785

Bye (noun);

Example; fu** THE BYES

Injuries
View attachment 1150800

McGrath's season is over

SYDNEY vs HAWTHORN

FREMANTLE vs GOLD COAST

View attachment 1150835

ST. KILDA vs ADELAIDE

NORTH MELBOURNE vs GWS

WEST COAST vs RICHMOND

MELBOURNE vs COLLINGWOOD

PORT Vs GEELONG

View attachment 1150865

10/10 Gif work!

Tremendous.

If I were to nitpick, you could argue that Ziebell isn't actually injury prone ;)

Of course not - just happens to have a secret major promotional deal with RockTape so he can show off their products on the field each week.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is everyone thinking for VC ?
I'm thinking Mills at the SCG v HAW ......obvious one is Kelly / Whitfield v NORTH ..but the games in Tassie, and likely to be wet & blustery, plus few teams perform well in Tassie

This week is FightMND Big Freeze Round .....so far we only have 4 participants that will playoff in R15 for the MND Badge

If you haven't purchased a Beany, please do so .....it's for a great cause ...and join us in the mini comp R15

Register here:

View attachment 1150785

Bye (noun);

Example; fu** THE BYES

Injuries
View attachment 1150800

McGrath's season is over

SYDNEY vs HAWTHORN

FREMANTLE vs GOLD COAST

View attachment 1150835

ST. KILDA vs ADELAIDE

NORTH MELBOURNE vs GWS

WEST COAST vs RICHMOND

MELBOURNE vs COLLINGWOOD

PORT Vs GEELONG

View attachment 1150865
That's amazing!!! :hearteyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back