Preview Round 13 - Fremantle v Collingwood (Ins and Outs, too)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably going to be damp and slippery tomorrow night, so Taberner out is probably wise. Such conditions also suit the strengths of Suban and De Boer. Suban to dive on the ball at least once every quarter and De Boer to turn the ball over with similar frequency.

It's probably going to be damp and slippery tomorrow night, so Taberner out is probably wise. Such conditions also suit the strengths of Suban and De Boer. Suban to dive on the ball at least once every quarter and De Boer to turn the ball over with similar frequency.
The weather is the only reason I think you could drop Tabs. Hope this is the case....

Apologise for putting this on here, but the family have a spare seat in the premium section (Block 153) if anyone is without a ticket but still keen on going.

PM me to get contact details and price (it's a premium seat).

Tabs out I get. Feel he needs to get a hold of a defender and get some confidence. He will be back this year.

Gu I'm bummed about but i think there is a valid argument to made higher pressure around our CHF line and De Boer brings that. Richmond chopped us up from there and Bucks said they will be looking at doing the same.

Clarke getting another week is a great call IMO. We want Clakkas salivating at coming in. When RTB hit him up a couple years ago to step up in the absence of Sandi he did in a big way. Another week at Peel will make him hungry.

On paper, it's a pretty great looking line up TBH.

Taberner out is a mistake. What is our plan going forward? Hannath as a key forward?

Nah, but I reckon at this point in time for this game Hannath is probably the better option. Big chance for him - possibly a career defining moment.

Wouldn't surprise me if Taberner gets a game next week against Brisbane where the track will be a little flatter.

Ross is probably having a look at how Hannath goes at the Tabs role. We have to try something with that position and if there are several young players vying for a spot that is guaranteed to nobody yet, then it's worth doing if not for the short term, then in the long run.

Ross is probably having a look at how Hannath goes at the Tabs role. We have to try something with that position and if there are several young players vying for a spot that is guaranteed to nobody yet, then it's worth doing if not for the short term, then in the long run.
I hope the small forward position is held to the same standard, because Ballas has kicked and created fewer goals than Taberner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me (and looking for the positives) the changes are a clear sign rtb wants the ball to spend most of its thurs evening in freos f50. Ballas, croz, mayne, walters and piggy will put some serious pressure on the contested ball once fyfe, suban, pearced, hill, and mundy send it in. Hopefully this week we can kick straight.

It'll make us more potent TheMcManusNose.

Athletically Mayne has more breakaway pace and certainly doesn't lack the tank, so a good upgrade there as that's dearly needed. Plus Mayne is a much better tackler and a much better mark. Probably on par for kicking and Mayne is also smarter. He's much more dangerous and requires much more attention from the opposition than Tabs.

I know if I was an opposition coach I'd be more worried about a match up for Mayne and Crozier than either of those two and Tabs.

I wish I had that view (in that it will make us more potent). I'm not sure. Mayne is better in the areas you describe, but I wonder given how little he has actually scored the last year and a half... they have almost identical goals per game since 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back