Preview Round 13 - Fremantle v Collingwood (Ins and Outs, too)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon our inside work was analysed during the break, De Boer in Zu out is a choice of inside grunt vs outside run.
De Boer to middle when Fyfe moves forward?
Can't imagine De Boer being anything other than the sub.

Reckon our inside work was analysed during the break, De Boer in Zu out is a choice of inside grunt vs outside run.
De Boer to middle when Fyfe moves forward?
It looks like we are going smaller with a couple of extra tackling machines. Sounds like we might be looking to make it quite a contested game -Pies may not have had much of this of late playing bottom 8 teams. Truth be known, it is probably our contested game that has been down the last couple of weeks.

Also, with Collingwood going in without a ruck, maybe it's a chance to give 211 a rest and again reduce our height. Late Change for Griff?

It looks like we are going smaller with a couple of extra tackling machines. Sounds like we might be looking to make it quite a contested game -Pies may not have had much of this of late playing bottom 8 teams. Truth be known, it is probably our contested game that has been down the last couple of weeks.

Also, with Collingwood going in without a ruck, maybe it's a chance to give 211 a rest and again reduce our height. Late Change for Griff?

We have Jarrod Witts playing

Sandilands has just had a week off. Save it for later, unless there is a niggle.

Happy with the changes, finally Ross has kept Clarke dropped for more than a week.

However, his main man Suban looks undroppable lol.

Interesting but in Ross trust, we must.

Pretty much.

I don't quite get the Mzungu logic. Didn't set the world on fire in GC but absolutely no one did. If you are going to pick DeBoer on the back of WAFL form, does Mzungu then come right back in when he kills it in the WAFL on Saturday and MDB doesn't crack 20 possies? Difficult to comprehend that one.

Clarke, good. He is miles better than Hannath but I reckon the message needs to sink in.

Mayne for Tabs, meh.

Happy with the changes, finally Ross has kept Clarke dropped for more than a week.

However, his main man Suban looks undroppable lol.

Suban + DeBoer in one team is a worry for mine.... especially if it persists long term. After being subbed off then being consistently poor suban still in the team is stunning.

I am hoping for a 17-20 disposal game from croz this week as an improvement. If he can use his pace, creativity and kick a couple and continue to build on it he may start to look like a player!

He should be right. A good week and a half off for this game then another week and a half off for next round against Brisbane. No flying for 21 days either.

Suban + DeBoer in one team is a worry for mine.... especially if it persists long term. After being subbed off then being consistently poor suban still in the team is stunning.

I am hoping for a 17-20 disposal game from croz this week as an improvement. If he can use his pace, creativity and kick a couple and continue to build on it he may start to look like a player!

Yep agree with everything.

The Suban+ MDB combination will hurt our flag chances, can really only have 1. Problem is that they offer completely different attributes, but MDB seems to be the more consistent one. With us playing more attacking this year, to me makes sense someone like Suban is dropped as he only offers meters gained.

Definitely agree with you regards Suban. Even though he's my buddy, Nic just seem to get the Coach's run. Hoping for a big night from him tomorrow..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agree with everything.

The Suban+ MDB combination will hurt our flag chances, can really only have 1. Problem is that they offer completely different attributes, but MDB seems to be the more consistent one. With us playing more attacking this year, to me makes sense someone like Suban is dropped as he only offers meters gained.
I like it myself. Suban has a laser boot on him and De Pig is a tackling MACHINE!

Mzungu has no luck this year, past suggestions he's just another Broughton are ill-conceived.

With Clarke and Taberner out who becomes our second tall for structure? Hannath?

Must trust in Ross indeed.

Mayne for Tabs, meh.

It'll make us more potent TheMcManusNose.

Athletically Mayne has more breakaway pace and certainly doesn't lack the tank, so a good upgrade there as that's dearly needed. Plus Mayne is a much better tackler and a much better mark. Probably on par for kicking and Mayne is also smarter. He's much more dangerous and requires much more attention from the opposition than Tabs.

I know if I was an opposition coach I'd be more worried about a match up for Mayne and Crozier than either of those two and Tabs.

Looking forward to seeing how Hannath will respond to staying in. Better hands than Clarke even though not a good in the ruck.

I expect him to clunk a few in the forward line

Massive game for Hannath, I expect that he will play mainly in the forward line with just occasional runs on the ball. He is auditioning not only for back up ruck but back up key forward. If he can get his hands on the ball, I am pretty confident in his goal kicking. Does not need massive possessions just reasonable, but a couple of goals or several goal involvements would really show something of benefit to this team.

Taberner out is a mistake. What is our plan going forward? Hannath as a key forward?

Suban, De Boer, Pav as the only tall. It's like we've regressed to 2014 conservative style which didn't work.

Hope Tab back for peel, good to see him play along with blakely and Weller and moeller. Cant wait one day blakely and Weller play along with Nat faye and hill than suban and d. Peace.

I would not underestimate Witts, hope Sandi doesn't get hurt early, I think we should win this but it might be closer than I'd like.

Witts is a very good young up and coming ruckman. Sandi will kill him though in the knock/taps but Witts will stretch Sandi around the ground for mobility and will push forward to create another tall target for the Pies I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back