Unofficial Preview Round 13: Freo vs Swans - Sir Doug Nicholls Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
14th vs 15th on the ladder

We come in fresh after a 9 day break and a 41 point win over GWS.

Freo come in after a 4 point goal after the siren loss to Carlton.

Swans will be without Rampe. Not sure how Freo are for line up and injuries

Have at it

Honestly don't see how we can win without Rampe.

Really hope Melican can build on last week.

Same game plan and execution as last week please. Use the space with hard running and bold kicks just like against the Giants and we have a real chance.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rowbottom found himself in the company of an Aish or Blakely all night too. Good challenge for him if he does.

IN - Aliir (if fit - if not... whoever has shown most out of Maibaum/Gould/BOC)

OUT - Can't say it :(

Honestly don't see how we can win without Rampe.
Same game plan and execution as last week please.
Answered your own thoughts imo.

Haven't followed Freo well enough to know but we can beat them with good forward movement. Trick will be not getting murdered on turnover. I don't think we can afford to give up 50+ inside 50s this week. Need Papley to have his accurate boots on this week for sure

Answered your own thoughts imo.

Haven't followed Freo well enough to know but we can beat them with good forward movement. Trick will be not getting murdered on turnover. I don't think we can afford to give up 50+ inside 50s this week. Need Papley to have his accurate boots on this week for sure

I think the game plan worked though because our defence was so stingy that we attacked so much from defensive 50. Without Rampe who can win one on ones decisively and then move it on quickly, I could see it getting clamped in our back 50 for long stretches.

I think the game plan worked though because our defence was so stingy that we attacked so much from defensive 50. Without Rampe who can win one on ones decisively and then move it on quickly, I could see it getting clamped in our back 50 for long stretches.
Oh yeah that helped. And I suspect at times that will happen but if we can stop their talls from marking it that will go a long way to it. Freo score worse than we do, remember.

Taberner has been solid and Lobb might give us a problem. Walters had a stinker but he is the one likely to hurt us.

There other forwards are fairly average.
Cerra and the scrapper are playing well.

Very solid defence crew.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too very even teams with similar disposals, inside 50’s etc. Swans have a slightly higher kick to handball ratio while the Dockers have ten more uncontested possessions per game.

From what I’ve seen this will be a game of contrasting styles. Fremantle hug the boundary line before centring the ball near their forward 50 arc. Swans play on and look to the corridor at all costs.

Rampe out is a blow as Taberner has had career best season.

If Aliir isn’t fit then potentially Maibaum. Alternatively they move McCartin down back and bring someone into the forward line.

Reid's played more in defence than McCartin has

Reid aside from floating back as an extra has almost never played in defence as an actual defender.
McCartin has at least played full games as an actual one on one defender.

As someone else said though, I wouldn’t move either.

Freo's great strength is their defence, particularly Luke Ryan, even though the 1st choice defenders, Hamling and Pearce, are outs. Their forwards are dysfunctional, and their forward-mid connection dreadful. Andy Bradshaw is tough and hardworking, but his kicking is woeful. Cerra is a beautiful kick. Serong will be getting tired, I think. It will be interesting to compare Serong and Rowbottom. I think we got a bargain. I think we are quite light-bodied, even compared to some of the young Freo players. If we can win the stoppages we have a chance. I think there will be a lot of turnovers. I think Darcy-Lobb-Taberner have the edge on Reid-Sinclair-McCartin.

Be a good test.

As amazing as Rampe is and has been the twilight is nigh so they have to start to operate independently soon.

Rotation lotto is getting harder as more soldiers go down with sometimes self inflicted wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back