Review Round 13 - Gold Coast vs St. Kilda (Townsville)

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda have a decent forward line and mutiple avenues to goal with a decent midfield
Once they've scored 12 goals they can relax because we're not beating them based on current statistics anyway

St Kilda have a decent forward line and mutiple avenues to goal with a decent midfield
Once they've scored 12 goals they can relax because we're not beating them based on current statistics anyway

Amount of times the Saints have kicked 12 goals or more this year = 2

Once against us :mad: and once against Melbourne

Hopefully Day plays down back. We've certainly given it our best shot to win. This it the best team we can field right now with current mass injuries.

How come it took Day this long to play is beyond me, but happy he's in. Hombsch will be happy to not take a giant.

Like that Cal has been named up forward.

Burgess dropped after having the highest AFL player ratings from last week :drunk: seems like a really robust measure of performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Day plays down back. We've certainly given it our best shot to win. This it the best team we can field right now with current mass injuries.

How come it took Day this long to play is beyond me, but happy he's in. Hombsch will be happy to not take a giant.
As far as i'm aware he's only been playing fwd in the NEAFL so i'm a bit confused. For me, his best spot has always been forward and he's only done well as a defender when he's been a spare man/third tall. I would absolutely love for him to rip it apart this weekend as he's a great guy and a original Sun but i'm not sure he will.

I hope he does enough to stay in. Can't replace his kind of experience.

True but IMO, due to our poor history of development and performance, a Suns player with 100 games experience is about equivalent to a 50 game player at an established club (except maybe Carlton who’ve been down as long as we have). Sam is going to have to play better than he has previously to keep his spot. He’s got the talent but is too “nice” IMO. Needs some Holman in him!!

Defensive match-us for me
- Hombsch on Membrey
- Day on Bruce
- Marsh may play forward given we only have 2 tall forwards - Ballard to pick him up.

Day is a better footballer than Burgess or Corbett
Both first year playing in AFL and came with AFL assistance package , Day no 2 pick, 8 years with GCS. If Day Is not better something is very wrong with GCS Development. Not forgetting his contract/ salary is in top 10 on current list.

Last edited:
got a $25 free bet and chucked it on Fiorini most disposals / AhChee most goals.... long shot at $37 to 1 gotta be in it to win it :)
I'm going a little more conservative

Macpherson and Brodie to get >20 possessions
Seb Ross to get >25 possessions
1st quarter line GC +1.5

Paying $7.50

Very very light training session tonight.. jog a couple laps some skills group session some transition from back to forward and finished off with everyone having a kick at goal. Some very average shots I don’t think they took it too seriously best goal kicker probably the coach unloaded a couple of nice barrels too

Very very light training session tonight.. jog a couple laps some skills group session some transition from back to forward and finished off with everyone having a kick at goal. Some very average shots I don’t think they took it too seriously best goal kicker probably the coach unloaded a couple of nice barrels too
whats the weather like robo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back