Review Round 13 - Gold Coast vs St. Kilda (Townsville)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-St-Kilda.png

Round 13
Saturday, June 15 2019
Gold Coast vs St. Kilda
Riverway Stadium, Townsville, QLD
Bounce Time
1:45pm Australian Eastern Time

Discuss.​

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ha Ha no it isn’t. There won’t be another mini GF in 2019

I would’ve thought the next 3 games are a chance before last week and tonight now I’m not sure when the next win will come.. although the saints have been to tassie China having this week off then Townsville so that bit of traveling might have them cooked

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would’ve thought the next 3 games are a chance before last week and tonight now I’m not sure when the next win will come.. although the saints have been to tassie China having this week off then Townsville so that bit of traveling might have them cooked

I just see us as being in development mode now, get games into the kids and build resilience in the group by demanding effort.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
OUT: Murdoch (inj), Corbett, Burgess
IN: Ah Chee, Ellis, Day

Luko takes Murdoch's position down back. Ah Chee takes Luko's spot on the wing.

Burgess just not right to be playing. Bring Day in. Stop being stubborn, Dew. Give us the best chance we can to win.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I can't see Day playing until he signed contract extension.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's unfortunate, as I don't think he's going to re-sign until he plays.
I see more than that, Day is asking for More money and GCS not going to give it to him. As bad as Burgess was last night unfortunately he signed four years deal with GCS and going to be around for some time, you don't invested game time or winning just one more match for a player want to walk off. He is unrestricted free agent so GCS cannot do anything if another club willing to offer him more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just see us as being in development mode now, get games into the kids and build resilience in the group by demanding effort.

You can’t build anything in team sport without the occasional win
Carlton and us have proved that pretty emphatically
Otherwise you find yourself in constant permanent development Hell

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Brisbane did well with GCS last year second, third Rd pick with, Tom Berry, Tom Joyce and McFadyen, Noah answeth developing nicely in Neafl and AFL.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When you look at our entire football operation the NEAFL is our massive gaping wound
The step up to AFL is just too big to develop players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
too many injuries affecting our NEAFL side. Brisbane, GWS and Sydney handle it fine.
brisbane have had the luxury of playing Approximately 20 AFL listed players each week with the exception of this week (had 16) Suns had 14 most we've had all year. but usually only have half a team from our AFL list rest are made up of academy kids. 16-18 year olds.
Solution? Get an allowance to increase playing list and salary cap or Improve our academy development and teach kids to play against men.

Injuries continue to kill us. its the same story every year. 1st half of year Contact injuries (bad luck) 2nd half of year soft tissue injuries (too much work load on young players to fill in for injuries in 1st half of year).

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They’re predicting sell out for this game 10k crowd capacity

Townsville is having a weekend of footy.....You can buy a ticket (Adult $40)that gets you to both the NRL game on Friday(Cowboys v West Tigers ) and the AFL (Suns v St Kilda) the next day.

A brilliant idea.....

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Townsville is having a weekend of footy.....You can buy a ticket (Adult $40)that gets you to both the NRL game on Friday(Cowboys v West Tigers ) and the AFL (Suns v St Kilda) the next day.

A brilliant idea.....

I already bought my suns ticket before they released the festival of footy tickets unfortunately

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In my opinion I think it’s close to impossible for us to win a game of footy when both Collins and Thompson are out.

And now I’m going to use that to take a shot at two people. Leslie in particular and to a lesser extent Day should be providing our defence much better contributions to the depth of our defence so we can absorb losing both Collins and Thompson.

Hang your heads in Shame Leslie and to a lesser extent Day.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Agree re: Burgess, I thought he was alright given the match up.

Out: Murdoch
In: Ah Chee

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
We need to win this game, could be our last chance for the year. I’m not sure what Dew can do at this stage as they should of been fired up for the North game at home and clearly they weren’t.

Personally I don’t see any gems in the reserves that are going to make a positive impact, AChee , Ellis and Day are soldiers at best and not the quality of Bowes, Ainsworth etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back