Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually we held it for quite a while. So big and massive was the drubbing we handed out to Melbourne in 1988 (16 Goals!) that no one thought anyone in the future with the equalisation the AFL put in place could be so pathetic to put on a display that would beat that record. Then Port said hold my beer in 2007 (one point shy of 20 Goals!)

Everyone called the cross town rivals Adelaide insipid in their loss to Richmond but that was only by 40pts. Is there even a word in the english dictionary for what was served up in 2007?
Hilarious?

We were a 15 goal better side than most teams, the umpires would bring it back to much closer games. The umpires were just has bad, we just had a super team.
Right, so they didn't effect the outcome. They still don't, it's just we're bad now.

My entire point.

The funny thing is we haven't won a GF for what seems an eternity and there's still a lot of head**ed people out there. Just wait until we actually become good again. As Clarko would say:

View attachment 943910

*I've been busy on Photoshop today in case no one has noticed 😂

Bugs1977 if you could kindly repost that Kane Cornes offended meme you had a while back that would be nice. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, so they didn't effect the outcome. They still don't, it's just we're bad now.

My entire point.
Biased umpires make it very hard to win. There is not a lot between any side in the AFL this season, umpires have a massive influence more so than ever.
I really hate Sydney but the umpires won the Bulldogs the 2016 GF, Sydney were a 5 goal better side but lost the game due to terrible umpiring.

I am a firm believer that umpires don't make a difference in any game. I mean the last goal that Port Adelaide kicked that the media is blowing their load over was a clear free kick to McEvoy for blocking in the ruck. It doesn't matter. Port had they taken their chances would have won by more they dominated the last qtr. We didn't play well enough to win
Was a great set play but thought it was a clear free kick , hasn't even rated a mention though......

Totally agree Port are a better team then us currently and would have found a way to win.
Loved everything we did , umps were very frustrating but didnt cost us that game. Did us no favours though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back