Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

i do wonder if he also was hit by the bug running thru the club.. He is a match winner when on form and Fly knows that. But he is a specific type of forward and you may remember some weeks back he was also the leading defensive forward - Fy actualy entioned in the presser.. So give him a break , we were beaten by a better team on the day .. only just... plenty of upside adn Iam sure the coaching group i s not panicking.
He’s certainly capable of pressure the question is can he apply that consistently enough on a week to week basis to warrant a spot in a smaller role when McStay comes back.

Hit someone - get fined. Mis-time a bump in a split second decision - get 3 weeks. Is someone down at AFL HQ out looking for the plot?

View attachment 1712297
One thing ive always found strange is that you can genuinely punch someone and only get fined. The AFL crap on about stamping things out of the game but clearly this is only horrific acts like tackling and bumping. Punching is fine

Our clawing random style did keep us closer than we seemingly deserved.

Stuff like Noble and Pendles turnovers happened because we went hard into the middle, and when it comes off it's so destructive. That's our gameplan.

Melbourne denied us the centre as much as they could, so going forward was about long leads down the wings where their height in defence was effective.

They got three goals out of Fritsch, not because he beat Moore but because they worked his chances better; more fast inside 50s out of the front of the square, more chances.

We played better in the last minutes, and defended superbly given how roundly we were beaten in the centre. We have the elements to beat quality heavy sides.

Fascinated to see what Fly foes differently and what ge doubles down on. Johnson produces so well vs slower more systematic sides, so I think he stays in but in finals where bodies get crunched he may be squeezed out. Poor guy was mangled.

Agree we play our best by Going Full Pelt but can't keep that going All Game Long

One thing ive always found strange is that you can genuinely punch someone and only get fined. The AFL crap on about stamping things out of the game but clearly this is only horrific acts like tackling and bumping. Punching is fine

Yep it’s s**t.

Non-football actions should be penalised more severely than bumps within 5m, which are part of footy but can be misapplied.

Yep it’s s**t.

Non-football actions should be penalised more severely than bumps within 5m, which are part of footy but can be misapplied.
I haven't seen it, but how is a strike graded as careless rather than intentional?

Didn’t die wondering in the end.

Bye has arrived. Regroup and go again for the 2nd half of the year.
Boy definitely need a break.
Great that McRae made no excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it a go - keep me updated re outcome
I sent a text to sen when he kept dismissing Mansell's bump as being completely different to JDG's..and JDG's was so, so much worse & malicious because he lined up, lifted off the ground AND targetted a kid.

They haven't read it out yet ..

I sent a text to sen when he kept dismissing Mansell's bump as being completely different to JDG's..and JDG's was so, so much worse & malicious because he lined up, lifted off the ground AND targetted a kid.

That "feet left the ground" bullshit drove me insane last week. Do other teams players cruise around like they're on imaginary roller blades out there. Your feet leave the ground every step you take. Was just another piss weak attack on us that goes unsaid for anyone else

That "feet left the ground" bullshit drove me insane last week. Do other teams players cruise around like they're on imaginary roller blades out there. Your feet leave the ground every step you take. Was just another piss weak attack on us that goes unsaid for anyone else
His feet were on the ground on impact. It’s clear as day. Pickett on the other hand.

Pies - we must win the flag - then watch the haters (inc AFL) undergo a severe melt

Have not seen the incident. It's hard to believe it was much of a strike. Certainly no concussion resulted as from the bumps. I am sure that real punches would be treated as harshly as bumps.
Dangerous punches are treated much worse. How many did Gaff get?
But this mustn't have been a punch if graded as careless.

Dangerous punches are treated much worse. How many did Gaff get?
But this mustn't have been a punch if graded as careless.
Any punch with a closed fist is bad in my books. Worse than a hip and shoulder that accidentally gets someone knocked in the head. Both deserve time out.

Still can find a spot for AJ.
People need to realise he’s the ultimate 3rd-4th banana.
With a fit McStay, Mihocek and the addition of Elliott, that’s when he’s a danger.
I want to see this combo before we start axing..
Krueger and Reef have tricks, but not the game awareness Ash has.
Was off today, but it happens..
Johnson is streets ahead of both Krueger and McGinness as far as forward craft goes.
Highways in fact.
Not sure why he is even compared.

He had a bad day as did Pendles, as did a dozen other players.
Naicos even had a few clangers.
Credit to the Dees they really were unlucky they could not kick for s**t or it would have been a much bigger margin.
Pendles turned it over directly to the opposition half a dozen times, more than in any of his last 100 matches I would argue.
The side was so obviously "down" through either illness, the normal attrition of a half a season of footy or both that only a eejit could not see it.

Even then if you add up all that shitness...they nearly pinched it!

REMARKABLE!

The bye comes at the perfect time for the side.

Perhaps we should alert Kane Cornes, he seems to think it's extra malicious when it involves a teenager.
Had to laugh when Dane Swan nominated Kane Cornes as the easiest player he ever played on.
When asked "why?".
"Where do I start?"
Kornes has a radio gig cause his dad is SA mafia.
Otherwise he would be on the s**t explayer tip.

And both get time out. In this case, if no action is taken or only a fine, it was barely a poke.
Not when Nick got punched in the guts and the following week Nick handed out the same punishment.
Fist punches are bad. Nothing at all to do with the game.
At least a hip and shoulder is part parcel of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back