Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Unwaxed is best. Just try and buy it here!. I could tell you stories. I have told you stories!

Heading to Thailand where the waxed floss is thinner, electric tooth brushes next to non-existent, and forget about your pixter or TePe brushes of different sizes. It'll all go as carry on luggage with reserves in checked. You can't leave your teeth to fend for themselves. Go prepared.
The toothpaste over there tastes like it has salt added.

Interesting analysis from Buckley in the couch.

In short dees won contested ball when it mattered. From the vision we continually outnumbered inside those contests, but dees won them and had numbers outside. Got em multiple looks i50

When our game did go to plan with run and carry handball it'd come unusually unstuck. Just one of those days we were slightly off and got all the wrong bounces.

I'm gonna look at this game as a blip on the radar. I don't think the group has lost any belief, that was evident trying to win the game in the last.

Well, sort of. But if your intent is to punch someone in the head but you miss and fall to the ground yourself, should you be suspended? Probably not.

Penalty should based on intent IF the outcome is a consequence of that intent. That's how the law works I think, mostly. You intend to his someone and miss -- you're fine. You hit someone, don't intend to kill them but DO kill them, you are up for manslaughter not murder.
If it was a Collingwood player. the media would find reasons for a suspension.

Unwaxed is best. Just try and buy it here!. I could tell you stories. I have told you stories!

Heading to Thailand where the waxed floss is thinner, electric tooth brushes next to non-existent, and forget about your pixter or TePe brushes of different sizes. It'll all go as carry on luggage with reserves in checked. You can't leave your teeth to fend for themselves. Go prepared.
You're reminding me of my first trip to India, when dental floss didn't exist over there and I hadn't learned to pack it. Could never get good enough with a toothpick to get out everything. Food slowly rotting between my teeth. Thinking I'd acquire the brown paan stained and missing teeth of so many over there, I learnt to floss with the plastic strip that you pull off when opening a cigarette packet.

Interesting analysis from Buckley in the couch.

In short dees won contested ball when it mattered. From the vision we continually outnumbered inside those contests, but dees won them and had numbers outside. Got em multiple looks i50

When our game did go to plan with run and carry handball it'd come unusually unstuck. Just one of those days we were slightly off and got all the wrong bounces.

I'm gonna look at this game as a blip on the radar. I don't think the group has lost any belief, that was evident trying to win the game in the last.
That is what I saw at the game as well.

Was going to watch replay to confirm as I had several thoughts on coaching on the day but reading the Ginnivan thread have decided not to go into too much detail as it would be like shooting Bambi.

One of the benefits of being the frontrunner is that teams are rolling out their plans to beat us now, rather than in September. The Dees played a lot of strategic cards in securing that win, and we now have the chance to consider our own hand before we play them again.

(Of course, one of the detriments of being the frontrunner is that teams will set themselves for the Collingwood game. Melbourne were up and about in terms of intensity, and we can expect that from a lot of teams in the back half of the year.)

Says a lot for how far we've come, because we were thoroughly outplayed for most of the game, yet go down by under a kick in the end. Yeah bad kicking, blah blah blah. Both sides missed some gimmes and the Dees seemed to take a lot of set shots from the pockets, resulting in harder shots on goal.

The Dees clearance game was far more damaging than ours, running the ball out the front of the stoppage as they pleased. Whereas, we were hack kicking or having to retreat back before clearing the footy. Adding Oliver to the mix makes them more potent but let's not undersell JDG's influence at the contest this season and Sidey's ability to control his wing. Hunter was very good for them yesterday and we really lacked Sidey's creativity and nous. Swap Elliott for Reef and there's another 2 goals on the scoreboard as well.

Our forward line was non existent for most of the game. Checkers and Johnson won't play a worse game for the rest of the season. When AJ is bad though, he really stinks it up. It opens the door for McStay to return in a few weeks time.

I think we missed a trick but rucking Cameron for the majority of the game. Coxy seems to thrive as the no.1 ruck and i think we need to push him in there more often and Cameron goes forward. He has good hands and we need him to hit the scoreboard. I have no doubt he's still finding full fitness and will hit his straps later in the year.

Tommy Mitchell has been unreal for us this season, pretty much flying under the radar and would almost be a lock for top 3 in the BnF at this point behind Naics and Moore. JDG up there as well but his little spell will cost him come years end.

11-2 at the bye with a number of decent opponents to come. I think the loss and the break have come at a good time. We can rid the club of this 'flu' that has seemingly popped up every week for the past month or so. Our best footy is still the best in the competition and the lads know what an amazing opportunity it is that lies ahead in the coming months.

Im going Cox and McStay.

McStay was horrid in the ruck, to the point he didn't even compete against Brisbane in multiple contests. If Johnson plays another game like he did on the weekend, then McStay comes in and plays a Key Forward role.

I think it should be 70/30 Cox/Cameron until DC starts to find his best form. Coxy is a very good ruckman and the coaches are missing a trick by not utilising him in there more often.

Still can find a spot for AJ.
People need to realise he’s the ultimate 3rd-4th banana.
With a fit McStay, Mihocek and the addition of Elliott, that’s when he’s a danger.
I want to see this combo before we start axing..
Krueger and Reef have tricks, but not the game awareness Ash has.
Was off today, but it happens..

AJ needs some more campaigner in him.

Huge talent but if we could insert Mihocek's workrate then he'd be a champion footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best footy is still the best in the competition and the lads know what an amazing opportunity it is that lies ahead in the coming months.
We haven't hit potential yet, our best game so far was the Port game. Since then we've been 'managing' - knowing when to go and when to tempo the game.

Just need to hit peak at the right time and it should be ours.

We haven't hit potential yet, our best game so far was the Port game. Since then we've been 'managing' - knowing when to go and when to tempo the game.

Just need to hit peak at the right time and it should be ours.

The Melbourne loss knocked my confidence. With Brisbane, that’s two of the top four sides that have beaten us. I can’t see how that’s not a big red flag.

The Melbourne loss knocked my confidence. With Brisbane, that’s two of the top four sides that have beaten us. I can’t see how that’s not a big red flag.
If you look at the dees game, who threw everything at us and us being far from our best, I think best v best we get em.

Wouldn't call it a red flag.

Geelong lost to Sydney, Hawthorn, Freo and St Kilda last year. Us losing 2 games to the bye is like complaining about our wallets being too heavy

Brisbane game was our first one with no rucks and we were trying to work out our best structure under those circumstances.
Melbourne game we supposedly had up to about 10 players that had been affected by flu during the week.

If anything, I think the fact that we were within a goal of Melbourne while clearly not playing anywhere near our best is actually a big positive. Confident that a healthy version of the same 22 would comfortably beat the demons.

Well to put it in perspective,the Lions loss happened at the Gabba where the Lions are probably a ten goal better side than they are at the MCG.And against Melbourne we had five or six best 22 players out,we were outplayed for most of the match,yet still only lost by 4 points in the end.So no red flags for me yet.

Brisbane game was our first one with no rucks and we were trying to work out our best structure under those circumstances.
Melbourne game we supposedly had up to about 10 players that had been affected by flu during the week.

If anything, I think the fact that we were within a goal of Melbourne while clearly not playing anywhere near our best is actually a big positive. Confident that a healthy version of the same 22 would comfortably beat the demons.
I agree. I can't wait to meet an over confident Melbourne with a healthy squad including JDG, Steele etc.

And I just wish the next game against the Lions was at the G, not at Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back