Unofficial Preview Round 13 - Melbourne vs The Filth (f the Tigs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne is an eerie place.

Shattered by lockdowns, cowed by a virus, the gloom of an empty MCG on a winter’s day seemed even more foreboding than in the past.

Walking past the museum, I stood on the edge of the hallowed turf, taking the atmosphere in.

The crews were setting up the slide.

The Big Freeze was back, but I wasn’t sure if that referred to the state of the world or the fundraising.

As I pondered, above, a magpie orbited.

I looked up into the cloudy Melbourne sky. It seemed to be coming towards me, carrying something in its beak.

Strange.

The bird landed on the railing in front of me, note in beak. It clearly wanted to give it to me.

This bird has better communication skills than Heath Shaw on a Sunday morning at Revs, I thought.

The note was folded small, crushed slightly by the angular beak of the magpie. I opened it carefully.

The note was an ad.

Vote 1 Actual Magpies for the Collingwood board; we’re most likely to swoop on Ross Lyon as coach.

Dees by 63.

Pies have the privilege of playing their grand final against us. Queens birthday really has always been their GF.
Certainly has felt like it in the past.

Anyway new friends, I am somewhat of an oracle at the Collingwood board (because I can do maths to a third-grade level). Now if I may, we beat Adelaide convincingly by five points, and you lost to them by one. That makes us a six point better team! I really think the AFL should cancel the game and split the premiership points, so as to not completely destroy your finals aspirations in having the game played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proper invited, the 4peaters are here .
I’ve never fully understood how or when that 4-peat happened but if it has pissed off Hawks supporters even slightly then I’m a huge fan

Wait, why have you called us the filth? You’ve invited me into your home only to be insulted 😢

Next you’ll tell me Ben Kennedy doesn’t even play for you any more!
LeverPuller called you the filth I think. I personally stay with terms endorsed by the great Ron Barassi the second

Wait, why have you called us the filth? You’ve invited me into your home only to be insulted 😢

Next you’ll tell me Ben Kennedy doesn’t even play for you any more!
Neither does 2010 Collingwood premiership player Chris Dawes

Anyway new friends, I am somewhat of an oracle at the Collingwood board (because I can do maths to a third-grade level). Now if I may, we beat Adelaide convincingly by five points, and you lost to them by one. That makes us a six point better team! I really think the AFL should cancel the game and split the premiership points, so as to not completely destroy your finals aspirations in having the game played.

Hi Collingwood Oracle , I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we play 4D chess over here ... Me on Saturday

Hope the Pies win just so the simpleton crowd who think "we beat Adelaide and they beat Melbourne therefore we can beat Melbourne" has something to believe in this week.

I quite enjoy shattering people's hopes and dreams.

Much like our football teams : Melbourne oracle> Collingwood oracle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back