Autopsy Round 13: No changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt-jones-760x438.jpg
image.jpg

It's for Tom Gillies right? .... Is it for Tom Gillies? ... I'm pretty sure it's for Tom Gillies ...
At least i got away with it a couple of threads ago, your move Striker475

Interesting comments from the VFL player review:

Jack Grimes: .... He was taken off the ground at three quarter time due to some stuff at AFL level that we just needed him to be ready for but we were really happy with Grimesy.

Shows how close he is to getting another crack.

I agree with virtually all of your posts, but respectfully disagree with this. I watched the replay a few times and thought the stretchy man was great. Measured, found time, picked good options, and that is a quality he has that not everyone has on our list. He earns a place (respectfully in my view only etc).

I go away for a day and come back to this??

Nah but good call. I just watched the replay then and Stretch has a very level head. With our ins now listed it's hard to know if they'll replace him -- I would much prefer Stretch over Viv, for example.

In other positions, Grimes for Wagner maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is an awfully tall backline...
Not really. You got Frost and the 2 MacDonald brothers as your bigs, Wagner is a medium size, Nev and Hunt(if he plays) are two smalls. Plus you have Vince, Bugg and maybe Grimes spending little bits down there and none of them are 190+cm
Fairly average size I reckon, especially as most a very mobile

That is an awfully tall backline...

Awfully tall considering the Swans’ forward line (as it is picked) features Buddy, and then Hannebery, Parker, Rohan, Rose and McGlynn. One mobile tall, and five mediums/smalls.

I reckon they’ll pick another ruck, so he’ll probably play forward a bit, but I think Frost and T Mac can go to him and Bud.

Which means we’ll have O Mac playing on a mid/small … I don’t like it.

Not to mention the torrential conditions forecast.

Please don't drop Stretch. Quickly becoming my favourite young green player. For kid his size he won a lot of contested ball on the weekend. 7/18 possessions were contested for 94% efficiency. Compared to AVB who had 3/18 contested for 66%, although he had 4 more tackles. Stretch has a very level head who makes good quick decisions. If he continues to improve both his inside and outside game like he has this year we have an A grader on our hands.

In saying all that, Pies were horrible inside and outside on the weekend. Interested to see how he goes against the gorilla midfield that is Sydney.

Awfully tall considering the Swans’ forward line (as it is picked) features Buddy, and then Hannebery, Parker, Rohan, Rose and McGlynn. One mobile tall, and five mediums/smalls.

I reckon they’ll pick another ruck, so he’ll probably play forward a bit, but I think Frost and T Mac can go to him and Bud.

Which means we’ll have O Mac playing on a mid/small … I don’t like it.

Not to mention the torrential conditions forecast.

I reckon O.Mac gets the second ruck (no way they're leaving Sinclair to go solo against Max) Frost gets first crack at Buddy, and T.Mac plays small and peels off to affect marking contests. Switch Frost and T.Mac if Buddy gets hold of him

I reckon O.Mac gets the second ruck (no way they're leaving Sinclair to go solo against Max) Frost gets first crack at Buddy, and T.Mac plays small and peels off to affect marking contests. Switch Frost and T.Mac if Buddy gets hold of him

That's probably how it'll play out but I'd rather play a smaller backline if possible, especially with it being so wet up there.

Frost - ruck
T McDonald - Buddy
O McDonald - Rohan (although Frost may be preferred here for his pace)
I suspect Rose may be a medium/tall player as well, anyone know?

Gawn has a huge advantage with Tippett out, so reckon he pretty much goes solo all game.

And Frost looked so much better as a backman last round, so let's let him settle there.

Rose is a medium sized young forward. Lively, could be a good match for Nev.

Rohan is fast. Like Hunt-speed fast and a good leap. A big challenge for OMac to stay with him.

I'd want Bugg on Parker.

Frost - ruck
T McDonald - Buddy
O McDonald - Rohan (although Frost may be preferred here for his pace)

Nah rose is a little chip scab whjo sits in the goal square and waits for the hand ball over the top. (in the one game I watched him play)

Rose is a medium sized young forward. Lively, could be a good match for Nev.

Rohan is fast. Like Hunt-speed fast and a good leap. A big challenge for OMac to stay with him.

I'd want Bugg on Parker.
Nev surely will go to Heeney.

OMac is the tallest one there, and the least experience/biggest liability, has backup ruck written all over him.

Hunt seems the best match up for Rohan, will struggle against him in the air, but the only one who can match his pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back