Oppo Camp Round 13 Non-Pies Games

Didn't see a thread for this one. Will be a boring round of footy with 6 games spread across 4 days, especially without a Pies game.

Any interest?

I want the Dogs to get up but obviously they'd need a miracle!

Sydney v Eagles should be interesting, and of some consequence in the broader scheme of things.

Richmond v Geelong is of some interest as well, but I think that the Tigers will disembowel their opponents and make it a boring game by half-time.

Gold Coast v St Kilda also shapes as an interesting game, if only because it is one of the few opportunities for either team to have a victory. I think the Saints will get up, but if they don't then I'm not sure that the duration of Richo's contract will save him.

We need to be mindful of the bye.

Doggies had the bye last week, and 2 players ripped hamstrings first game back. I think it's important we have a solid week on the track when players return.

and We have Returned from Byes Poor Recently and Just look how Badly we started the Season

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
and We have Returned from Byes Poor Recently and Just look how Badly we started the Season

This year we seem to have bucked all our trends from last 3-4 years. We've won the games we looked like losing due to lack of concentration or "umpiring" decisions. We've kicked away where traditionally we wouldn't. We've only capitulated during the first few games of the year.

I doubt that any of the players are thinking anything other than "I have to hold my place in the side" given the amount of talent we have sidelined, so don't be surprised to see our first 100+ (winning!) margin happen in July.

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i have tipped Sydney but as unplugged said hopefully wce win, agree with his statement that if they stay top all year then every team they beat could help us out (except when they play us :p )
Have Eagles finishing 2nd behind Tigers. Best case scenario for a finals run would be for Eagles to win their qf we sneak into 4th somehow cause an upset against the tigers. West Coast knock Tigers out amdawe play say one of cats, swans, Port at the G in prelim then Eagles at the G in granny. Thats getting way ahead of time but

Have Eagles finishing 2nd behind Tigers. Best case scenario for a finals run would be for Eagles to win their qf we sneak into 4th somehow cause an upset against the tigers. West Coast knock Tigers out amdawe play say one of cats, swans, Port at the G in prelim then Eagles at the G in granny. Thats getting way ahead of time but

Need to make Finals 1st before we can think of that

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Best case scenario, we don't lose another game this year.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
This year we seem to have bucked all our trends from last 3-4 years. We've won the games we looked like losing due to lack of concentration or "umpiring" decisions. We've kicked away where traditionally we wouldn't. We've only capitulated during the first few games of the year.

I doubt that any of the players are thinking anything other than "I have to hold my place in the side" given the amount of talent we have sidelined, so don't be surprised to see our first 100+ (winning!) margin happen in July.
But we play Carlton in June, maybe our second in July

ThexderX

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think I counted 647 times Bruce said something about 2016 being a special year for the dogs in last night commentary....yep, we get it Bruce, they won the flag. Lets all love on.

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
Swans obnoxious supporters on bigfooty means I'm barracking for the Toast.

I think I counted 647 times Bruce said something about 2016 being a special year for the dogs in last night commentary....yep, we get it Bruce, they won the flag. Lets all love on.
Love is the answer.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hoping for a nice close game tonight. Not exactly a shootout so far.

Aliir Aliir's haircut makes him look like a Mad Max extra.

Back