Oppo Camp Round 13 Non Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues have a spine and Suns have had a lot of games close together recently. They looked stuffed.
Suns last played on Monday, so 3 and a half days vs Blues who played last Saturday. Also had to slog up to Darwin; no wonder they were knackered.

Carlton have a forward line 😩 And McGovern and Curnow aren’t playing...

seriously though, we won’t beat blues, Bris or port. North well who knows and suns is likely a loss..

1win 4 losses
2wins 3 losses is best case on our form.

McGovern is ordinary at best, and Curnow's knee is shot. The patella injury he has will restrict him, even when he returns.

This season is just not one to get to heavily invested in. I would like to see us win games of footy, but this season its more like, meh, we lost, have a whinge but move onto the next game.

Clubs from Melbourne heavily disadvantaged by the border closures, quarantining. I mean in a "normal " season, Sidey's baby is born during the week, he still plays the weekend. Now he has to fly home, fly back, go into quarantine for 2 weeks, so he misses games of footy despite being fit, ultimately the team is disadvantaged.
The Brisbane, GC, WCE, Port teams etc, get to stay in their own homes, sleep in their own beds, keep pretty much their normal routines, whilst the Melbourne teams are living abnormal lives currently. Must be unsettling, especially those with kids.
I thought our players didn't mind the hubs initially, as they were only going to be there for 3 to 4 weeks, and it showed in our performances. When it came apparent, they will be in hubs for the remainder of the season, our guys l think have struggled since. Pendles also came out and said, he would have no problems leaving the hub if he was missing his family. That laid the foundations of the real non acceptance of the hublife, and it was more a duty, then a want to be there.

So this season, who really cares about the outcome. We have played what, two games on our home deck the whole season, a ground we have designed our gamestyle around, just shows how much of a disadvantage it is to the Melbourne clubs.

This season going forward, take it for what it is, we lose the remaining games, lm not fussed. Just end this season ASAP, get our guns back for 2021, get us back on the G, then judge where we are at.....

Last edited:
Jeez that was a shockingly boring crap game - couldn’t help but think the NT fans would be disappointed, hardly ever get games there and have that served to em.

McGovern is ordinary at best, and Curnow's knee is shot. The patella injury he has will restrict him, even when he returns.

This season is just not one to get to heavily invested in. I would like to see us win games of footy, but this season its more like, meh, we lost, have a whinge but move onto the next game.

Clubs from Melbourne heavily disadvantaged by the border closures, quarantining. I mean in a "normal " season, Sidey's baby is born during the week, he still plays the weekend. Now he has to fly home, fly back, go into quarantine for 2 weeks, so he misses games of footy despite being fit, ultimately the team is disadvantaged.
The Brisbane, GC, WCE, Port teams etc, get to stay in their own homes, sleep in their own beds, keep pretty much their normal routines, whilst the Melbourne teams are living abnormal lives currently. Must be unsettling, especially those with kids.
I thought our players didn't mind the hubs initially, as they were only going to be there for 3 to 4 weeks, and it showed in our performances. When it came apparent, they will be in hubs for the remainder of the season, our guys l think have struggled since. Pendles also came out and said, he would have no problems leaving the hub if he was missing his family. That laid the foundations of the real non acceptance of the hublife, and it was more a duty, then a want to be there.

So this season, who really cares about the outcome. We have played what, two games on our home deck the whole season, a ground we have designed our gamestyle around, just shows how much of a disadvantage it is to the Melbourne clubs.

This season going forward, take it for what it is, we lose the remaining games, lm not fussed. Just end this season ASAP, get our guns back for 2021, get us back on the G, then judge where we are at.....

Don’t disagree this years a cluster, we haven’t handled it well through a range of issues, both onfiekd and off and sidey going home it’s just one of those years. That said it has highlighted some decencies that need addressing in the off-season, and if we don’t draft a KPF, well I give up.

What’s better for us today Melbourne or a dogs win?
We haven’t had our bye yet so the ladders a bit misleading. I’d say, finals wise, dogs winning is better. But playing last few games without Howe, degoey, sidey, treloar, honestly finals seem a long way off Unless we have a magic switch to change our form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game shows just how off we were Vs Melbourne. Injuries, constant travel and short breaks between multiple games have clearly had a significant effect.

Lots of posters singing Naughton's praises recently, suggesting that we should have picked him ahead of Stepho in the draft. Nonsense I say, and to back up my point Naughton was in the bottom 6 players on the ground for Player Ranking points.

Lots of posters singing Naughton's praises recently, suggesting that we should have picked him ahead of Stepho in the draft. Nonsense I say, and to back up my point Naughton was in the bottom 6 players on the ground for Player Ranking points.
Yeah, Naughton is even more inconsistent than guys like Stephenson. Kicked 6 against the Crows, but in his other 6 games has kicked 3 goals. Barely gets the ball too

Not sure if Collingwood is extremely sh*t or Melbourne played their yearly GF last week.
I think our horrible form against Melb had a lot to do with us coming into the game off a 4 day break cf Melbs 6. We played accordingly and looked as flat as tacks. Same with GC last night vs Blues. GC came off a 3.5 day break cf Carltons much longer break. It must take its toll.

I think our horrible form against Melb had a lot to do with us coming into the game off a 4 day break cf Melbs 6. We played accordingly and looked as flat as tacks. Same with GC last night vs Blues. GC came off a 3.5 day break cf Carltons much longer break. It must take its toll.

Yeah this theory has merit but might be disproven when playing a shithouse rebuilding Norf on Friday!

Plus it was the fourth game in 14 days. Don't know why people were surprised with what happened last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back