Preview Round 13: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Blundstone Arena | Sunday, 13 June @ 15:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Get the feeling one of he 2 talls will be named. You wouldn't have 2 rucks as emergencies together and wouldn't have 1 as a sub either
With 4 emergencies having 2 talls and 2 smalls is fine
why does your play the kids policy apply for 29 year old tom campbell every week no matter how well he plays, but not for 28 year old josh walker? walker is not a ruckman, he won't be able to relieve goldy anywhere near as well as campbell or xerri would, and he's not a forward, he's looked terrible every time he's gone forward this year. He's been serviceable in defense but he obviously steps aside for robbie tarrant who is a superior player in every sense, and there's nowhere else for him to go.
Because I rate Walker and he’s versatile

Campbell is not

it’s no surprise walker being a year younger and still has played over double the amount of games as Campbell

how many of those games has walker spent in the ruck?
You do know we rarely go with 2 rucks in our last decade

Only the last few weeks since the cupboard has been bare

players coming back will see campbell demoted again

as Walker resumes his chf and ruck pinch hit role with Taz back

You do know we rarely go with 2 rucks in our last decade

Only the last few weeks since the cupboard has been bare

players coming back will see campbell demoted again

as Walker resumes his chf and ruck pinch hit role with Taz back

before campbell came in larkey had to take ruck duties when goldy needed a rest (shouldn't be terribly surprising since he's almost 33) and it was clearly having a terrible impact on larkey's game and the forward structure in general. things have only started to work up there since bringing campbell in as a part time ruck. if campbell goes out it will be for xerri, walker is just not that player.

before campbell came in larkey had to take ruck duties when goldy needed a rest (shouldn't be terribly surprising since he's almost 33) and it was clearly having a terrible impact on larkey's game and the forward structure in general. things have only started to work up there since bringing campbell in as a part time ruck. if campbell goes out it will be for xerri, walker is just not that player.
Walker can play that role better especially forward

there’s no need for Xerri or campbell

but if we do Go extra tall it should be xerri

for josh walker to be brought in to play the ruck/forward role he should have to prove he can do it in the VFL first, like campbell and xerri have been doing all year. he's done nothing this year or last to suggest he can play forward, the time he's spent forward this year he's failed to make an impact, even moreso in the ruck. but once again, why play him over xerri when you've been banging the drum for xerri to replace campbell all year, even when campbell was kicking multiple goals a game and holding his own in the ruck? why doesn't the logic apply to walker, who is completely unproven?

for josh walker to be brought in to play the ruck/forward role he should have to prove he can do it in the VFL first, like campbell and xerri have been doing all year. he's done nothing this year or last to suggest he can play forward, the time he's spent forward this year he's failed to make an impact, even moreso in the ruck. but once again, why play him over xerri when you've been banging the drum for xerri to replace campbell all year, even when campbell was kicking multiple goals a game and holding his own in the ruck? why doesn't the logic apply to walker, who is completely unproven?
Walker played the ruck/forward role Last year when brown went down and also at the lions
And started there at the start of this year until Corr went down in round 2

he’s been named chf and will resume that role now that Taz is back

I would assume Cunners will get a lot of attention from de Boer.

Hopefully, we can take advantage of that by releasing our young mids in the middle more and have Cunners forward.

I don’t know wtf is happening lol. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that with Campbell and Xerri both named and Taz back our forward structure is going to be different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes. when he had to do it earlier in the year it completely f’ed the forward line

Because we did it with no other tall target forward. Obviously we’re not going to play Larkey in the ruck if Campbell is playing, and Campbell, though has been ok, the opposition kills us with rebound 50’s.

Tbh I’m just looking at the team and spitballing like the rest of us.

The other thing with Campbell, Xerri, Goldy & Larkey all in the squad makes me think that someone in the best 22 is not quite right.

Because we did it with no other tall target forward. Obviously we’re not going to play Larkey in the ruck if Campbell is playing, and Campbell, though has been ok, the opposition kills us with rebound 50’s.

Tbh I’m just looking at the team and spitballing like the rest of us.

The other thing with Campbell, Xerri, Goldy & Larkey all in the squad makes me think that someone in the best 22 is not quite right.
Don’t worry walker will ruck before larkey

and as for the extra talls named on extended bench that’s more so due to whose available

That’s cos he was playing in defence to cover corr/taz

now he’s essentially going to revert back to the ruck/forward role making Campbell obsolete aka second half of last year

It’s an interesting situation. This is probably the selection pressure Nobel was talking about. I’d prefer to get Xerri in and have a look at that.

Don’t worry walker will ruck before larkey

and as for the extra talls named on extended bench that’s more so due to whose available
Disagree with the last comment. We have lazzaro menadue and Ford who all could have been named ahead of 1 of the talls especially considering there's bit wraps on ford and lazzaro

Larkey is not a ruck

Wouldn’t mind seeing Xerri come in for Campbell, just to see a different dynamic in the ruck / forward would be interesting

Take the chance, meh

I think people are missing the point a bit with both Campbell and Xerri named on the extended bench. Clubs often use the extended bench selections as a form of encouragement to say to players, "you are not far away", or "you are a bit unlucky if you get dropped". In the case of Xerri he is definitely not far away, given his VFL form. Likewise Tom has been very good this year and will be unlucky to miss out. Almost certainly one of the two will make the final 22, however it is highly doubtful both will, unless there is some doubt over Goldy's fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back