Preview Round 13: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Blundstone Arena | Sunday, 13 June @ 15:20

Xerri probably a better choice than big Tom if it's wet. From the VFL I've watched this year Xerri gets as down and dirty as any big guy.
Glad he finally got his chance.

Taylor or Phillips as the medical sub I would assume.

Better choice in the wet and better choice overall.

They built him up nicely after his OP, got him absolutely XERRI RIPE to go after the bye and I reckon now he's in the side for good (injury and form reliant)

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Campbell hasn’t done much wrong, and at stages this year he’s presented well as a lead up forward. But it’s the correct time to start seeing what X can do at the level, has knocked the door down for selection so deserves his place.

Curtis Taylor needs a run in the reserves to find some form, so I hope they don’t carry him as the sub.

Campbell hasn’t done much wrong, and at stages this year he’s presented well as a lead up forward. But it’s the correct time to start seeing what X can do at the level, has knocked the door down for selection so deserves his place.

Curtis Taylor needs a run in the reserves to find some form, so I hope they don’t carry him as the sub.
There’s no vfl this week

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This time 5 years ago we were sitting pretty at 10-1. This year we’re 1-10. We’ll need to match our 2016 second half of 2-9 to ensure we have access to Jason Horne, I suspect. How would the panel feel about a 2-9 run home?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You say that in a pretty ironic kind of way... 5 Years back when we were 10-1 who would have believed that we would go 2-9 from there on?

Now, at 1-10, we have people worried that we won't be bad enough to go 2-9 or worse.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really happy with this team. Amazing how a couple big ins can straighten us up a bit.

- Healthy competition for spots between Scott, Taylor & Young currently. Feel for Taylor who tried to pull off some really daring kicks. Hope and trust that wasn’t why he was dropped though. Needs a big preseason imo, just doesn’t have the size yet to play how he wants to play. Scott drops his form and CT comes straight in.
- X in for TC. Stiff on TC but with Robbie giving us experience, it’s now time. Hope he’s given a good stretch of games to cement his spot.

Other thoughts:
- Walker, Larkey & Xerri gives us the tallest we’ve been up forward all year. Mahoney is critical in applying forward pressure here, need him and someone else in the forward line to really step up the tackling pressure this week. (Tried to get in prior to TZ but looks like I missed the boat).
- Excited to see Stephenson and Tarryn playing together, especially now that TT has really found some form.
- De Bore to tag Cunnington means we need a big day from LDU & Simpkin.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

F32C94B3-2E7B-43BC-92A6-5662C5D09E22.gif

Really happy with this team. Amazing how a couple big ins can straighten us up a bit.

- Healthy competition for spots between Scott, Taylor & Young currently. Feel for Taylor who tried to pull off some really daring kicks. Hope and trust that wasn’t why he was dropped though. Needs a big preseason imo, just doesn’t have the size yet to play how he wants to play. Scott drops his form and CT comes straight in.
- X in for TC. Stiff on TC but with Robbie giving us experience, it’s now time. Hope he’s given a good stretch of games to cement his spot.

Other thoughts:
- Walker, Larkey & Xerri gives us the tallest we’ve been up forward all year. Mahoney is critical in applying forward pressure here, need him and someone else in the forward line to really step up the tackling pressure this week. (Tried to get in prior to TZ but looks like I missed the boat).
- Excited to see Stephenson and Tarryn playing together, especially now that TT has really found some form.
- De Bore to tag Cunnington means we need a big day from LDU & Simpkin.
TT on the inside feeding to Stevo on the outside. Going to be writing that a lot for the next few years.

Love the Xerri in as a pure reward for effort. TC has done an admirable job and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a few more games at the end of the season.

I feel it is the most balanced 22 I’ve seen all year, but would love Laz as the sub.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like the week off has allowed the selection panel to reset as well.

Playing Big Tom and Menadue was all wrong from so many angles for a rebuilding team (irrespective of how hard they are trying - Turner is in the same boat but has the protection of being a 'leader').

Let's give X 6 games in a row now as a key forward and ruck relief to see what he can offer at this level.

Curtis needs to work on a number of aspects of his game - in particular building the tank so he can run through the mid field. He may have talent but he simply doesn't have the tricks to be a permanent tweener forward.

You say that in a pretty ironic kind of way... 5 Years back when we were 10-1 who would have believed that we would go 2-9 from there on?

Now, at 1-10, we have people worried that we won't be bad enough to go 2-9 or worse.

I promise you there was absolutely no irony intended.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like the week off has allowed the selection panel to reset as well.

Playing Big Tom and Menadue was all wrong from so many angles for a rebuilding team (irrespective of how hard they are trying - Turner is in the same boat but has the protection of being a 'leader').

Let's give X 6 games in a row now as a key forward and ruck relief to see what he can offer at this level.

Curtis needs to work on a number of aspects of his game - in particular building the tank so he can run through the mid field. He may have talent but he simply doesn't have the tricks to be a permanent tweener forward.
Agree with this, apart from the Turner comment. He has done everything asked and deserves his spot.

Back