Review Round 13 - Sydney Vs. Richmond @ SCG 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're overreacting. We've only had 2 wins against top 8 sides all year, one had more 6 scoring shots than us and the other was GWS. What have we done to suggest we should be a lay-down misere against Richmond?

I think that is an excellent point. There has not been a single game this year that has made me think we are one of the top 2 teams in the league at the moment.

That stat is pretty meaningless how many top 8 sides have Hawthorn beaten?

In truth Hawthorn smashed us in every stat except the scoreboard. Now I know some will say that is the only stat that matters at the end of the day and they would be correct but it still matters as we needed Hawthorn's bad goal kicking to win that game. If we rely on that to happen then we are not going to beat them much. With those stats earlier in the year Hawthorn would have beaten us 9 times out of 10.

In truth Hawthorn smashed us in every stat except the scoreboard. Now I know some will say that is the only stat that matters at the end of the day and they would be correct but it still matter as we needed Hawthorn's bad goal kicking to win that game. If we rely on that to happen then we are not going to beat them much. With those stats earlier in the year Hawthorn would have beaten us 9 times out of 10.

Yer i know my reply was based on "just looking at how many top 8 sides a side has beaten" to determine how good they are travelling is flawed.

In truth Hawthorn smashed us in every stat except the scoreboard. Now I know some will say that is the only stat that matters at the end of the day and they would be correct but it still matter as we needed Hawthorn's bad goal kicking to win that game. If we rely on that to happen then we are not going to beat them much. With those stats earlier in the year Hawthorn would have beaten us 9 times out of 10.
this

Wooo we are ahead of the flag favourites
Actually, atm we have lost 3 games against the top 8 and only won one. Hawks are in front there too

I think this is a kick up the ass we needed. We all sore we were getting soft. Particularly against North. I'm hoping a loss we needed to jump forward.

I think you're overreacting. We've only had 2 wins against top 8 sides all year, one had more 6 scoring shots than us and the other was GWS. What have we done to suggest we should be a lay-down misere against Richmond?

Its more 32 up v richmond at home who ive seen play some shocking footy

We have only had one win v top 8 sides actually

We have only had one win v top 8 sides actually
This is correct, someone else noted it above too. I missed the fact the Bulldogs have pushed GWS out of the 8

In truth Hawthorn smashed us in every stat except the scoreboard. Now I know some will say that is the only stat that matters at the end of the day and they would be correct but it still matters as we needed Hawthorn's bad goal kicking to win that game. If we rely on that to happen then we are not going to beat them much. With those stats earlier in the year Hawthorn would have beaten us 9 times out of 10.

I agree

But in that game at least if hawks converted you could say the swans had a crack

Forget stats and results, and who in the 8 we beat and how good we are, i expect 22 games where i can say they had a crack, if we lose 22 because we arent good enough then whatever thats life

But that second half v richmond was lazy and insipid that is what annoys me not the result so much, because suddenly when it suited we had some desperation at the end

That stat is pretty meaningless how many top 8 sides have Hawthorn beaten?

Means a bit come finals

But we still have a few to play so time will tell, but 2013 it came home to roost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget stats and results, and who in the 8 we beat and how good we are, i expect 22 games where i can say they had a crack, if we lose 22 because we arent good enough then whatever thats life
100% this for me too. Not every team can win every game, a large chunk of the league has to be s**t at any given time. But no lack of talent excuses a lack of commitment and effort.

100% this for me too. Not every team can win every game, a large chunk of the league has to be s**t at any given time. But no lack of talent excuses a lack of commitment and effort.

And i dont count pointing at each other as effort :p

I just dont think its a good way to analyze things we beat GWS when they were a top 8 team but now that they got pushed out it doesn't count or something?

I think its utterly meaningless you are either good enough in the end or your not.

I think come round 23 it means more

But the 8 could actually change more than other years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back