Round 13 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** is wrong with our coaches.

I have no problem with white being dropped bu Lonie in (what has he done to earn a spot in the team at Symes' expense) ****en pathetic that that peasant fukn seagull Lonie gets a game - Im furious.

Arsene, you are spot on. White being dropped is the correct call as we would be unbalanced with Tredrea,Westhoff, Lade and white in the forward.
The disgrace that is the selection of Nathan Lonie mystifies and disappoints me. What does he contribute?

I want to know what Adam Thomson has done wrong?

What the **** is wrong with our coaches.

I have no problem with white being dropped bu Lonie in (what has he done to earn a spot in the team at Symes' expense) ****en pathetic that that peasant fukn seagull Lonie gets a game - Im furious.

Furious x2 here :mad: :thumbsdown:

White had to go, no question. Lonie back in? Can somebody please explain what they could possibly be thinking?

And what the hell does Symes have to do thses days? The poor kid must be shellshocked, in - out - in - out, someone is being ****ed about massively. Can only imagine how his confidence is and seeing how Lonie is his replacement would only add further to his already low confidence.

Unreal, sending a damn good message Choco, NOT.

Where the **** is Thomlif!? To see Lonies name on the ins list and Symes out really makes me angry...

You think Motlop would play a week with North. I can understand White being left out now that Westhoff is playing the way he is, but Damon is still very unlucky as I think he's had his best year thus far.

Where the **** is Thomlif!? To see Lonies name on the ins list and Symes out really makes me angry...

You think Motlop would play a week with North. I can understand White being left out now that Westhoff is playing the way he is, but Damon is still very unlucky as I think he's had his best year thus far.

The fact it may be his best year so far is the reason why he needs to be dropped, he isn't coming on anywhere near as much as he should be and will either be traded or de-listed you would think.

Lonie In?

Chocco should be sacked, and we will definatly loose this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On The Epic Journey DVD there's a snippet of an interview with Fos where he talks about why certain players were moved on from Port Adelaide...

His son obviously disagrees with such logic.

I think Lonie was always gonna be next back in once Salopek left. See how he goes. Being dropped may be the kick in the bum he needed. Lets leave the fanatical ravings until after the game and see how he performs.

50/50 on whether White is having his best year. I personally thought he was probably better last year. Since the Richmond game hes been pretty non existant.

I think Lonie was always gonna be next back in once Salopek left. See how he goes. Being dropped may be the kick in the bum he needed. Lets leave the fanatical ravings until after the game and see how he performs.

50/50 on whether White is having his best year. I personally thought he was probably better last year. Since the Richmond game hes been pretty non existant.

I cant do that Macca. It is absolutely scandalous that he has been recalled. He is so fuking pathetic and soft and exactly the type of player you take a young fella to watch and tell him do everything he does not (ie tackle, chase, harass, get the hard footy, hit targets etc etc).

What the fck would Symes be thinking as well as Matt Thomas, Thomson and every other player on the list. Trust me it is not just us fans that see Lonies's piss weak efforts - It is just chocco justifying lgetting him to the club..

Im actually not interested in all this week. I dont mind if we lose to be fair after that selection.

At least our home crowd won't take the hit of this terrible decision.

I hope Westhoff is not going to be asked to play the White "role". :thumbsdown:

He is brilliant when hanging around the goal square, cannot kick accurately from a distance yet and most importantly he needs to be given time to adjust to AFL level just like Tredrea did by playing mostly at FF.
I might be wrong but geesh, please do not go on one of your experiments with Westhoff just yet Choco. If it aint broke ...

We have a coaching/selection group that is clearly very delusional.

Whatever argument you choose to use: matchups, development of next premiership side, chances of winning Saturday night, rewarding players, fairness, best 22..............You could not possibly, never, ever, ever, ever, justify the selection of Lonie over Symes (or Thomson for that matter). And if Williams thinks Lonie coming in replaces Salopek, then he must think buggerall of Sal's role in the side.

I have lost all confidence in the selectors. They have sent everyone the wrong message.
Quite simply we are not picking a side to win.:mad::thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown:

I hope Westhoff is not going to be asked to play the White "role". :thumbsdown:

I hope Motlop would be performing that role.

http://portadelaidefc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6038/Default.aspx?newsId=46183

Selection - Motlop returns

5:03 PM Thu 28 June, 2007

Exciting forward Daniel Motlop is back to take on the Brisbane Lions on Saturday night, five weeks after breaking his collarbone.

Motlop sustained the injury in the opening minute of the Power’s Round 9 match against Geelong. He has been in good form this season despite already suffering the broken collarbone and damaging ankle ligaments in Round 1.

He is one of three changes to the Power’s Round 12 side that took apart Essendon in the opening three quarters.

Young utility Greg Bentley is back in after two outstanding SANFL games for Sturt. Bentley was close to Sturt’s best in both games, since playing eight straight games for the Power earlier in the year. He picked up 23 disposals and seven marks in one week, then 24 disposals and 14 marks the next.

Sharp shooter Nathan Lonie is also back in the side. Like Bentley, Lonie was dropped after the Round 10 loss to Hawthorn. In his two SANFL games, he picked up 12 disposals in his first game with North Adelaide in 18 months and followed up with an impressive 23 disposals earning credit for the Roosters win over the Eagles.

Both Bentley and Lonie were rested from last week’s SANFL round of matches. Until then, both had played a game on every weekend this season.

Steven Salopek is out with his broken ankle that will see him miss the majority of the rest of the season, while half-back Brad Symes has been dropped, as has key forward Damon White, who goes back to the SANFL for the first time since 2005.

The Power will have a training run at the Gabba late on Friday in preparation for Saturday night’s clash.

The Power v Lions ledger is completely square over the ten years of clashes between the sides, who have built a tremendous rivalry. Both teams have had nine wins and there have been two draws.

The Power side to take on Brisbane on Saturday night is as follows...

B: Michael Wilson, Darryl Wakelin, Toby Thurstans
HB: Jacob Surjan, Chad Cornes, Michael Pettigrew
C: David Rodan, Shaun Burgoyne, Dom Cassisi
HF: Danyle Pearce Warren Tredrea, Robert Gray
F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Justin Westhoff
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Peter Burgoyne
Interchange: Daniel Motlop, Greg Bentley, Nathan Lonie, Travis Boak

Emergencies: Damon White, Adam Thomson, Alipate Carlile

IN: Bentley, Lonie, Motlop
OUT: Salopek (ankle), Symes (omitted), White (omitted)

.... ?

I can't for the love of god see why Motlop is being rushed back into the side after all he hasn't played for about a month now. Lonie being selected as a runner & Bentley selection is justified but gee whiz. The one positive is that Boak will get another gig which is good for the future. Hopefully Carlile might get a call up as well :thumbsu:

Regarding Symes, well Surjan & Wilson are in pretty good form so that would just be a selection issue regarding our backline. White being dropped well we were a little tall last week so the run in the sanfl might do his confidence the world of good.

Just received an SMS from a disgruntled Thomilf lover:

"Goodbye Thomo, enjoy your new club next year."

"Disgruntled" doesn't quite cover it. Seems Thomo has to "string a few good games together" at SANFL level to justify a call up while Lonie can go back to North, gather 8 cheap kicks and be straight back in favour.

I'm absolutely fuming at his treatment.

Im not happy with this selection at all. White out is fair enough hes had poor form, Symes out is confusing, Bently in is fine, Motlop in is fine, but Lonie in is a disgrace.

This guy offers nothing, no skill, no hardness, no run, no structure, no defensive nous, no NOTHING. He is the weakest footballer ive seen since Cochran but at least Cochran could keep a player quiet.

Symes has a future at AFL level
Lonie is weak limp wristed attempt at an AFL footballer.

Chocco has made some good choices as coach but this one Stinks and if we lose and Lonie puts in the same crap he has served in the past i think supporters deserve answers. Last chance Lonie you dont deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back