Round 13 Trades (the final multi bye round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs!

Steele out means im 1 down and i don't like that...hmmm.

Steele to anyone under 517k....hmmm????? Wingard maybe but will he keep playing midfield?

edit: actually ill still have 18, just means i have to field both Bolton/Parsons, still think Steele has to go, could be out for multiple weeks..

Complicates things, will now go:
Fyfe > Heeney
Steele > Buddy

As I'll have to hold Jones this week I will wait a week on Parsons - Ryan. Now have 19 (20 of Hibberd gets up) so will be looking forward to Bolton vs. Parsons for 18th spot, should be a belter.

The R13 carnage begins

Sheesh. That's brutal

I don't really understand people getting rid of Newman at the moment, he's averaging like 90 in his last 5 games. He has a great role and could of easily lapped it up in that junk time last week as well. I remember him having a 50 point quarter against the saints a few weeks back. He's as good as Simpson, Tuohy and Montagna at the moment if you look at the numbers.

Nice team, mate!!! You still have a lot of trades left as well.

Looking at Jones BE (69) and the fact that you are not looking at trading next week (From you previous posts), you could keep jones 1 more week and just trade Black for numbers this week. This is because the premo's BEs Roberton (130), Simpson (124), Montagna (98), Tuohy (86). So there is no real urgency I would say.

Then next week you can go to one of the guys you mentioned, Roberton/Simpson/Monty/Tuohy, but you may as well be able to go Parsons > Beech for example and try and go Jones to Docherty. The only thing that this move leaves is a relatively bad forwards pine. Or you could get Roberton/Simpson cheaper where as Tuohy/Montagna should stay about the same price, so if you are targetting Tuohy/Montagna this week would make the most sense.

I guess it is a trade-off as cash saved verse points on the field this week.

Just some food for thought anyway. Main reason I bring this up, is because I am not trading in my final premo this week so that next week I have the opportunity of a better upgrade. I can't afford my main target(s) this week so I am not settling. Therefore I am just making the one change Parsons > Strandca to free up cash so that I can do a downgrade/upgrade next week. Also, my main rookies to trade out Barrett/Stewart/Hayward/etc... have another week at least in them.
Expected changes (based on average)
Zones +6,200
Simpson -12,900
Roberton -13,300
Montagna - 0
Tuohy +4,200

These aren't necessarily going to be huge savings, so at this stage I'd rather the ppg benefit from either of that lot over Jones as opposed to waiting a week and saving potentially 15k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele out gives me a great reason to finally get Yeo

SPP -> Bolton
Williamson -> Tuohy
Steele -> Yeo

19 playing this week

Next week Stewart to Ryan and Otten to Roberton giving me 20 premos + Nank and Newman

I've got Stelle but also have 20 players playing this round, if I was confident that he'd be back next week I'd hold, it would make him a decent POD as well. Being dropped and having no set return complicates it.
Something to consider would be he only had low-mid 70% TOG through RD's 6-9, RD10 brought himself off late a few times which reflected in his TOG of only 66% & when you back that up with only 64% TOG against the crows it runs a bit deeper then just dropped off in form IMO, some clear fitness issues that you would think see him out for more than a week.

Last edited:
Shiiiiiiiiieeet.

Should have exactly 18 this week (before trades), assuming no other surprises. A rather weak 18 though, with the scores of Stewart, Barrett, Ainsworth, Parsons, and Bolton all automatically counting.

Was planning to sideways trade Matt Crouch to JPK this week, use two trades next week and two the week after to complete my side, which would leave me with five trades left for cover. Obviously I'd prefer to have a couple more left over but I don't see much point in playing it safe when I'm not contending for an overall prize or in a cash league.

Steele out obviously throws a spanner in the works. If he's looking at multiple weeks out, I'll need to ditch him this week so that my future trading plans aren't disrupted.

So I can:
A) Go super-aggressive by sticking to my guns on the Crouch-JPK trade and then flick Steele for Heeney, leaving me with four trades when my team's completed.
B) Back Steele to be recalled next week and stick with the Crouch-JPK trade, leaving me with five trades when my team's completed.
C) Forget about the Crouch trade and just go with Steele to Heeney, leaving me with five trades when my team's completed.
D) Back Steele to come back in next week AND ditch the Crouch trade, leaving me with six trades when my team's completed.

Heart says option A, head says option C.

Anyway, I'll wait until tomorrow to make any trades. I reckon if Steele's actually named in the VFL side, he'll smash it and be back in the AFL side next week. If he's not named, I'd guess he's got a niggle or otherwise struggling, with a lack of pre-season.

What do the good denizens of the RDT board think?

For reference, here's my current best 22 - Marchbank to become Adams next week, Barrett to become Yeo (who'll go to F6) the week after.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 14.30.50.png

Something to consider would be he only had low-mid 70% TOG through RD's 6-9, RD10 brought himself off late a few times which reflected in his TOG of only 66% & when you back that up with only 64% TOG against the crows it runs a bit deeper then just dropped off in form IMO, some clear fitness issues that you would think see him out for more than a week.

Knew he always had low TOG and you could be onto something. I'm certainly leaning to trading him to Yeo this week, then move Barrett next week for buddy. Will most likely only leave me with 4 trades after completing my team that the worry.

Slippers you still thinking of the Crouch sideways move?

I dont have Steele, but this news makes me think there could be a window of opportunity for me to maybe gain ground or hold ground as probably about 100 coaches ahead of me have him and some like us will struggle for numbers this week already with so many strong premos on their bye.

So some will trade Steele this week, others may tank.

Super aggressive, but I'm thinking

Williamson to Tuohy
Crouch to Jelwood
J Stewart to Ryan via DPP (so if I don't need to trade next week then I have him at least for D7-8 purposes, has to be a 125ker also)

Leaves me 6 trades left, virtually no bank and 1 more upgrade needed to field a comfortable side as 1 of Barrett/Hartlett is my 22nd onfield for a week or two. Then 1 of Smith/Dahl/Macrae/Yeo sit at M8 while I wait a bit (Nank is at F6), then I assess my next midfield move if I have been lucky with injuries.

If all goes to plan with injury prevention and cash generation then Gaff becomes my M8 in about a month (M7 at worst) and 2 trades are left for LTIs, but with the DPP at my disposal and current squad of solid rookies plus Hartlett, if injury strikes then I'm well prepared to deal with it in the short-medium term compared to last year where I had no ruck coverage which killed my season. A Smith/Dahl/Yeo/Macrae type at M8 isn't the worst thing in the world either if it happens that way.

Risky strategy, but I'm thinking it may be worth a shot to gain ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back