Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Alright guys, I think I've got a plan for this week now

I really want Cripps this week and be able to field 17/18, but the only way I feel getting him in is by sacrificing 1 of Witherden/Smith and I'm not getting good value on that move as from downgrade options for this week, Answerth isn't ready to be moved on yet and Scott/Young have made bugger all, but they at least are potential hindrances through poor scores/no DPP/crap JS, so I feel they go first, if I need to trade.

I would prefer to just get all rookies off field first then upgrade remaining expendable rookies in due course (Answerth, Duurs, Walsh, Parker etc). Cripps after his bye will still be affordable I guess, but it sucks not getting him now.

Hypothetically, if I do keep Smith and Witherden, all I really need is 1 more defender and 2 more mids, but for the medium term I could get away with 2 upgrades instead of 3 if some new rookies are decent (Naish, Clarke etc). Newnes/Westhoff fight it out for F6, but they'll likely act as midfield coverage too when needed along with Setterfield who seems to be improving. If I'm lucky on trades and Smith/Witherden improve output, then 1 of Setters/Newnes might be able to get upgraded instead and push someone else underperforming off field to the bench

1 of Parker/Young will be moved on come byes end when I grab another premium mid or defender or a second rookie like Young, assuming Scott goes first, will shift my multiple DPPs around to get a Dunkley back into my forwards in that free forward spot Parker/Young will eventually vacate.

Likely right now this week it'll just be Scott to Bewley/Hately (best available bubble mid rookie I think). I'm happy to wait on Naish until after his bye as 1 of Duurs or Answerth will likely be maxed out by then, both still have cash to make next 2-3 weeks. Burgess/Gardner is a tactical coverage/loophole F8/D8 swing

Team set after byes
IMG_20190612_200801.png

IMG_20190612_200731.png
IMG_20190612_200706.png

Team set for this week
IMG_20190610_203312.png

IMG_20190610_203255.png
IMG_20190610_203233.png

Just a possible 17 this week, but 15/16 is more likely with Scott and Young, so will need to grab one of those mid rookies.

Should have 20-21 next week though, maybe even 22 depending on trades

Just to boost numbers up this week and maybe making a more informed rookie decision, I'm thinking of holding back on trades until after Friday night after Clarke plays, should he play.

The plan will be I'm not taking or trading any Adelaide, Richmond, Essendon or Hawthorn players who play Thursday/Friday, so if all of Bewley, Hately and Clarke play I think I'll watch Clarke on Friday and see how he goes.

If Clarke looks the goods then I'll grab just 1 of Bewley/Hately then grab Clarke on the bubble next week.

If Clarke spuds up/is dropped then taking both Bewley and Hately this week is an option that I have to consider.

I think grabbing Hately if he plays might be an astute move as I'm a Cogs owner who can be injury prone and Hately is behind him on the mid rotation, so if Cogs or any other GWS mid miss games, then Hately potentially is their replacement, bit of a punt, but it could work out. I think just grabbing Bewley might not be that great for coverage though I do feel he'll score points if his TOG improves as his PPM is quite solid, 1 of Hately/Clarke surely smash a 75-80+ average out, just picking whom is key.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I will get back to you tomorrow arvo once hes named ;)
625pm they drop tomorrow and it's a Sunday game they're playing this week, so he'll be on the pine again in their squad.

Come 5pm Friday we'll know if he's emergency for the 254th time in a row ;) (got him in Supercoach already as I didn't rate Stocker the week Stocker was on the bubble)

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Someone talk me out of getting Crae this week.

My cash gen is really week and I've already been forced into choosing the cheap premo route with Guthrie a few weeks back. May as well go all in on this "strategy" and get Crae this week, the Cripps after his bye. I just can't see how I will be able to get all of the big dogs like Zerrett, JKelly, Gaff, Duncan...might have to just pick one and hope Crae and Bray return to form.

Season pretty much over after this week, so might as well make some move now

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Someone talk me out of getting Crae this week.

My cash gen is really week and I've already been forced into choosing the cheap premo route with Guthrie a few weeks back. May as well go all in on this "strategy" and get Crae this week, the Cripps after his bye. I just can't see how I will be able to get all of the big dogs like Zerrett, JKelly, Gaff, Duncan...might have to just pick one and hope Crae and Bray return to form.

Season pretty much over after this week, so might as well make some move now

Dont get Crae he sucks ass... hes doing my head in.. get Cripps and suck it up losing him for one week on the bye

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Dont get Crae he sucks ass... hes doing my head in.. get Cripps and suck it up losing him for one week on the bye
I reckon Cripps gets tagged by Dunks this week...
Cripps copped hard tags for weeks and carlton lose, the one week he doesn't get a hard tag and he goes beastmode and wins the game for carlton. He should have got tagged from the start by Robinson last week. Hopefully teams have learnt their lesson and clamp down Cripps from the start.
Besides that, I can't be bringing in guys that haven't had their bye. I'm screwed for this bye round already and next week is not much better. Can't do anything about this week now but at least I can set myself up better for round 14.

rabzz04

Debutant
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone considering trading Rocky given he will miss another week?
Potentially looking at the following trades:

Rocky > M Crouch
Lockhart > Bewley (if named)
Hore > Boak

12 trades remaining and 152k in bank, with 3 rookies spots left fill. Thoughts?

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Anyone considering trading Rocky given he will miss another week?
Potentially looking at the following trades:

Rocky > M Crouch
Lockhart > Bewley (if named)
Hore > Boak

12 trades remaining and 152k in bank, with 3 rookies spots left fill. Thoughts?

If you're trading Rocky, not much point doing it to someone who misses next week - you're just shuffling your zero around.

Better off being a player who's already had their bye

rabzz04

Debutant
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're trading Rocky, not much point doing it to someone who misses next week - you're just shuffling your zero around.

Better off being a player who's already had their bye

Agree, however I’m less concerned about next week as I’m comfortable fielding 18 players via trades and should have enough premo mids to get me through next week. This week is probably going to be the worst week as it would be for many. Just don’t know if trading Rocky is the right thing to do! I’m sure he’d be back next week. Argh

rabzz04

Debutant
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
are people going early and grabbing Naish in this week? I don't think I have any choice but to get him. Will field about 8 rookies this round and half won't get 40...a rookie who can score like Naish would be handy

I picked him up last week as there was big raps on the kid. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick him up if that means he’ll be on your bench post-bye, could be a handy inclusion for your team this week.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
are people going early and grabbing Naish in this week? I don't think I have any choice but to get him. Will field about 8 rookies this round and half won't get 40...a rookie who can score like Naish would be handy
I'm waiting to see how he goes in his second game and then if he's picked to play after the bye. A lot can happen between now and then. Remember those who jumped on that rookie who looked good for Essendon last year after 1 game, he played well in his second game as well, but got injured late and was out for an extended period. That's a genuine kick in the balls that can be avoided.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm waiting to see how he goes in his second game and then if he's picked to play after the bye. A lot can happen between now and then. Remember those who jumped on that rookie who looked good for Essendon last year after 1 game, he played well in his second game as well, but got injured late and was out for an extended period. That's a genuine kick in the balls that can be avoided.
Tigers could get a hiding this week and they may be changes for the next game, that has me worried about picking Naish now. I might just have to take the risk though. I'm fielding 8 rookies and Naish is going to be one of the better ones. Will have a record number of 40s this week and no scores drop out, so a rookie that can get 70 for me is a premo this week

Call me stupid but I'm bypassing Cripps at his ridiculously low price. While he might make a dick out of me, I think if you're a vanilla team, you're no chance in this comp with rolling lockouts. He's already owned by 50% of the comp, and most likely 80% by end of bye rounds. Every time he spuds it up, I'll be one of the 20% cheering, and the 9 times out of 10 he doesn't, I'll be hoping my M7 or M* outscores him, which at this point is Bray and Crae. Anyway, Merret in completes my midfield. ... plus, I'd rather have someone playing in two of the next two weeks.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
I'm going Ross -> Naish. I'm hoping he gets more games than some of the other bubble-ish options at the moment.

Tossing up Bewley as a second downgrade, but I think at the close of Rd15 there's a chance Naish has made more money than him (ie he's been dropped for at least one game).

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yep, Mason Redman, the dreaded medium term syndesmosis killer

And I went early on Cumming before him, got no return there

Horrendous trading by me :(

Brad Lynch ended up being the last trade there from that revolving D8 bunch and he started well then got shuffled around by Bevo and scored poorly

All them wasted trades

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
A couple of days ago, I thought I was going to have 18 this week. Young omitted and Rocky missing again now has me down to 16 and that is with three trades this week. My opponent has 14 atm with Rocky so he will only be with 17 at best. Probably another loss by less than 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back