Trades Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t settle on a defender for Houston. May sound negative but every option literally has some sort of issue:

Crisp - Average form, no set role
Witherden - Spot isn’t completely secure according to Brissy board. Also Rich back
Houli - Not worth the price tag
Laird - See above
Haynes - Tagged to 25, likely to get more attention as a result
Z Bailey - Hot run is most likely over
McDonald - could be anything. Could go back to 40’s
Luke Ryan - see above
Ridley - No ceiling
Short - Not with Houli back
Smith - Can’t trust him as far as I can throw him
Z Will - Would be a punt whether he can turn his season around

Seriously have no idea.
Bailey Williams going well. I'm going Stewart for the +6's this week

Was going a bit radical this week in order remove on-field rookies. Unfortunately, I won't manage that thanks to a pair of Port Adelaide morons who don't value winning a premiership, but my ins will still be a different. Hopefully, Sidebottom plays. There will be no way of knowing in time to alter trades. And we won't know if Mr. 22 points, Darcy Cameron, gets picked either. With Miohcek KO'd and Reid doing what he does best - watching footy, you would hope so.

Fingers crossed.

Likely trades:

Houston --> Stewart
Ladhams --> Lycett
Simpson --> J Steven

Simpson should have gone last week but he was an early game and I didn't want to trade on a Friday night since it would have taken two trades to achieve what I wanted.

Instead: out Bailey Smith 56, 66, 47, 125!! - that was an inspired decision.

I would love to know how the Dogs adding an extra quality mid (Hunter, who I brought in, btw) made it possible for Smith to suddenly return to the centre bounces. Logically, wouldn't it make it harder with more competition? F***ed if I know. It makes no sense. I was prepared for logical improvement against Adelaide, but to go massive? Bizarre.

Last edited:
First trade was Rankine down to Reid. Second has to be Angus in for Simpson.

Leaves me able to get a $627k midfielder in for Serong and I think Shuey might be the best option, or I have just enough to get Darcy up (cough) to Rohan who is coming off an 88 and 90 and playing the witches hats.

Team pre-3rd trade is:

Lloyd, Laird, Ridley, Cerra, Thurlow, Blakely

Neale, Macrae, Mitchell, Sidey, Cogs, Viney, Brayshaw, Serong

Grundy, English

Whitfield, Petracca, Brayshaw, Smith, Simpkin, Cameron (Cavarra F7 E)

Went in the end

Ladhams to Sidey
Rankine to Foot
Gawn to English (god help me lol)

312k in bank

don’t go Sidey. He’s playing this week hopefully then you probably won’t see him again this year.
If you’re paying up for a forward it has to be Zorko now if you don’t have him

Brayshaw and his low price and stupid low break even.
Hurry up and start dogs v dees so it's to late for Gus.
I'm pretty sure I'll survive.
It's just that run he had of 30,40,30,40 point range that scares me.

The plus is, No bye for Dee's so you're not locking away ANY of those bad scores, it's all upside, but I just can't.

Brayshaw and his low price and stupid low break even.
Hurry up and start dogs v dees so it's to late for Gus.
I'm pretty sure I'll survive.
It's just that run he had of 30,40,30,40 point range that scares me.

The plus is, No bye for Dee's so you're not locking away ANY of those bad scores, it's all upside, but I just can't.
😂 I feel the same. I want to see him do it one more time. Worst case scenario he plays well, gets a good score and goes up to 600k or so, that's still a cheap price for someone who has gone 100+ twice, plus another good score if that eventuates today. I'm rolling with the excuse that if I get him today then I lock out my trades for the rest of the week. A potential donut or getting a Sam Wicks 22 emergency score is something I fear greater than missing on Gus.

Was going a bit radical this week in order remove on-field rookies. Unfortunately, I won't manage that thanks to a pair of Port Adelaide morons who don't value winning a premiership, but my ins will still be a different. Hopefully, Sidebottom plays. There will be no way of knowing in time to alter trades. And we won't know if Mr. 22 points, Darcy Cameron, gets picked either. With Miohcek KO'd and Reid doing what he does best - watching footy, you would hope so.

Fingers crossed.

Likely trades:

Houston --> Stewart
Ladhams --> Lycett
Simpson --> J Steven

Simpson should have gone last week but he was an early game and I didn't want to trade on a Friday night since it would have taken two trades to achieve what I wanted.

Instead: out Bailey Smith 56, 66, 47, 125!! - that was an inspired decision.

I would love to know how the Dogs adding an extra quality mid (Hunter, who I brought in, btw) made it possible for Smith to suddenly return to the centre bounces. Logically, wouldn't it make it harder with more competition? F***ed if I know. It makes no sense. I was prepared for logical improvement against Adelaide, but to go massive? Bizarre.

My logic on smith and any team who plays the crows is they throw their 2nd tier in the guts for bulk minutes and manage the rest.

Eg Gola/guthrie types will score 130+ this weekend.
Danger/Selwood perhaps not so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back