Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Let's begin.

Wilkes is out with a hamstring tendon injury that required surgery. Apparently did it tripping over chasing McKenzie.

There are a number of options in terms of replacing him:

- Kosi in straight up
- Hickey in straight up (if fit)
- Go smaller with Siposs or Lee
- Considering we're playing Melbourne, throw Spencer White in the (not-so) deep end

So that would be one change.

From outside the team that played last week, Fisher and Wright would also be under consideration if fit. It seems like Hayes will play at Sandy for at least one week.

From the team that played WCE, I would consider Steven, McEvoy, Ross, Dennis-Lane, Montagna, Riewoldt, Geary, Newnes, Roberton, Armitage, Ray, Dempster, Dal Santo, Stanley, Webster, Gwilt, Dunell & Milne.

That leaves Jones, Saad & Saunders as the possible players out.

Saad seems like the most ideal candidate, as he was a out of the side before getting a late reprieve, and can't see to get a break. A nice easy kill at Sandy could be just what he needs.

Jones would be taking out an inside mid, which would be highly unpopular to say the least.

Saunders would be stiff as he was the sub, he was also a late inclusion and Wright was ahead of him.

In: Koschitzke, Fisher, Wright
Out: Maister, Saad, Saunders

Dempster Gwilt Roberton
Geary Fisher Dal Santo
Montagna Jones Newnes
Dennis-Lane Riewoldt Ray
Stanley Koschitzke Milne
McEvoy Armitage Steven
Wright Ross Dunell Webster
Em: Saunders Siposs Ledger

Let's begin.

Wilkes is out with a hamstring tendon injury that required surgery. Apparently did it tripping over chasing McKenzie.

There are a number of options in terms of replacing him:

- Kosi in straight up
- Hickey in straight up (if fit)
- Go smaller with Siposs or Lee
- Considering we're playing Melbourne, throw Spencer White in the (not-so) deep end

So that would be one change.

From outside the team that played last week, Fisher and Wright would also be under consideration if fit. It seems like Hayes will play at Sandy for at least one week.

From the team that played WCE, I would consider Steven, McEvoy, Ross, Dennis-Lane, Montagna, Riewoldt, Geary, Newnes, Roberton, Armitage, Ray, Dempster, Dal Santo, Stanley, Webster, Gwilt, Dunell & Milne.

That leaves Jones, Saad & Saunders as the possible players out.

Saad seems like the most ideal candidate, as he was a out of the side before getting a late reprieve, and can't see to get a break. A nice easy kill at Sandy could be just what he needs.

Jones would be taking out an inside mid, which would be highly unpopular to say the least.

Saunders would be stiff as he was the sub, he was also a late inclusion and Wright was ahead of him.

In: Koschitzke, Fisher, Wright
Out: Maister, Saad, Saunders

Dempster Gwilt Roberton
Geary Fisher Dal Santo
Montagna Jones Newnes
Dennis-Lane Riewoldt Ray
Stanley Koschitzke Milne
McEvoy Armitage Steven
Wright Ross Dunell Webster
Em: Saunders Siposs Ledger

I would give fisher an extra week.
so out would be
out Maister and Saad
in Kosi and Wright

Interesting that Dunell is playing VFL this week. Unless they've changed the rules it used to mean he wouldn't be up for AFL selection next game cos he played AFL week before the bye. You can get special permission but that's usually for injured players returning or guys that were sub (eg Saunders). Don't get why Dunell would when he's played nearly every VFL game this year.

The team played ok last week but with Beau injuried and Saad woefully out of form there are at least two changes we should make.

The possable replacements for Beau appear to be Lee, Kosi and Hickey. Hickey is not a forward and Kosi is done, Lee may be the best fill in.

As for Saad, any of the young mids would be fine.

Melbourne will be determined to win a game they may think is in reach of them. We must make sure that they are mistaken in this belief.

I would like to see Kosi come in and get to 200 games. I know we need to get games into our kids but surely the club can find 3 more games. Could he play as the sub? Perhaps tell him he is acting captain (isn't that when he had 3-4 games and won lots of Brownlow votes when Nick was injured a few years ago?)
I know this isn't the right place but I'm not sure of the protocol of starting a thread as a rookie....
Swear Jar
As I was yelling at the t.v. last week, well swearing....I wondered if we put a dollar in a jar for every time we swear during a game and collect it at the end of the season. My humble suggestions and I am sure that there are better....
1) sponsor a bigfooty member (not putting my hand up) to fly over with the Saints and write reports for us when they go to Colorado.
2) buy some junior memberships and hand them out to kids in schools-help broaden our base-spread the word.
3) buy an umpire (other clubs seem to have one, why can't we have one too?) probably why I was swearing so much....
4) purchase some equipment for the players at Linen House.
5) give money to Foxtel and ask them to not get Dwayne Russell to call our games. Maybe it's me but I thought you were supposed to be impartial and not barrack for any team that we are playing. Might he have been roughed up by a St Kilda player in his playing days? Spiro Kourkoumelis perhaps?
Or collect it all take it to Crown and put it all on the Roulette Wheel, red 12.

3) buy an umpire (other clubs seem to have one, why can't we have one too?) probably why I was swearing so much....
5) give money to Foxtel and ask them to not get Dwayne Russell to call our games. Maybe it's me but I thought you were supposed to be impartial and not barrack for any team that we are playing. Might he have been roughed up by a St Kilda player in his playing days? Spiro Kourkoumelis perhaps?
Or collect it all take it to Crown and put it all on the Roulette Wheel, red 12.

Great post. Love your thinking on this.

Does anybody think Spencer White should be given a half against Melbourne (subbed off/subbed on) or is it not worth it?

No not at all.

10 or 12 disposals, 0 goals........ That's his total stats for his last 3 VFL games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just simply has to be a win. Melbourne will be looking at this as a possible win as well so we'll need to start well.

In: Siposs, Wright
Out: Maister, Saad

Downsize a little bit for some more run on the big MCG, and Saad just can't get near it unfortunately so he has to come out if TDL stays in.

Wright in the middle. Let Steven, Wright and Saunders run rings around them with their pace.

Dunell sub.

Seeing as it's vs Melbourne we could bring in some youngens, but i think we've finally found the right mix. Wright should come in, give Fisher an extra week just to make sure hes ok. Kosi will get his last chance to make the 200 game milestone, anything undisciplined or half arsed, drop him and bring in Lee.

Saad has to come out, when you look around at his overall effort its there, hes just not getting the ball or being effective, a week in the VFL will do him well, maybe bring Milera in for a shot?

As Stkildathunda said, Dunell wont be able to play based off VFL/AFL rules, so there should be a total of 3 changes.

IN: Kosi, Wright, Milera
OUT: Maister, Dunell, Saad

If for whatever reason Dunell manages to play, it will be interesting to seeing who comes in, most likely we'd leave two SF's and let Wright back in based off his amazing form instead of Milera.

Should be a good 1st quarter or so but if we play like we did against WCE can't see us loosing this.
Saints by 55 points.

OUT: Saad, Maister, Jones
IN: Lee, Ferguson, Wright

B Geary Roberton Gwilt
HB Webster Ferguson Dempster
C Dal Armitage Ray
HF Lee Roo Newnes
F Milne Stanley Hyphen
R McEvoy Montagna Steven
INT Wright Ross Dunell
SUB Saunders

does anyone know if dunell can play if he's playing VFL this weekend?

I like your lineups but who is going to take melb talls? Most young but capable giants.

They will most likely have 3-4 of:
- Fitzpatrick: 200cm
- Spencer: 203cm
- Jamar: 198cm
- Gawn: 208cm
- Watts: 196cm
- Dawes: 193cm (if fit)

+ Howe leaping at 2m above everyone else.

Think Stanley will have to play back. Otherwise we are left playing Gwilt, Roberton, Dempster, Ferguson all on giants.

Before anyone presumes melb wont get the ball fwd remember our clearance history of late and if we think that, we may end up saving neeld's career.

I like your lineups but who is going to take melb talls? Most young but capable giants.

They will most likely have 3-4 of:
- Fitzpatrick: 200cm
- Spencer: 203cm
- Jamar: 198cm
- Gawn: 208cm
- Watts: 196cm
- Dawes: 193cm (if fit)

+ Howe leaping at 2m above everyone else.

Think Stanley will have to play back. Otherwise we are left playing Gwilt, Roberton, Dempster, Ferguson all on giants.

Before anyone presumes melb wont get the ball fwd remember our clearance history of late and if we think that, we may end up saving neeld's career.

Surely they won't be playing with three ruckmen

Surely they won't be playing with three ruckmen

Depends on Dawes fitness i reckon.

Most likely:
Jamar, Dawes, Spencer
Or
Jamar, Spencer/Gawn, Fitzpatrick

Dawes did Hammy? last week and was subbed out but not on injury list

EDIT: make that an ankle. A test according to demons website. They may risk him as would see us as a winnable game.

OUT: Saad, Maister, Jones
IN: Lee, Ferguson, Wright

B Geary Roberton Gwilt
HB Webster Ferguson Dempster
C Dal Armitage Ray
HF Lee Roo Newnes
F Milne Stanley Hyphen
R McEvoy Montagna Steven
INT Wright Ross Dunell
SUB Saunders

does anyone know if dunell can play if he's playing VFL this weekend?
I forgot Jones played.

Another out I'd go would be Jones for Ferguson or Murdoch.

And surely Dunell has played enough VFL games to play this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back