Captains Round 13 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Same boat to the fellas above. VC Cripps, should take it, if I loop him in I'd be 358 behind in my main cashie which I need to win. He has Daicos, so you'd assume he's in for about 70? So that'll be 428 I'd need to chase down with Pendelbury, Crisp, Cameron and JDG.

Wouldn't be a problem if I half didn't listen to you guys Thursday regarding not picking himmelberg cos GWS and myself for talking myself out of him and going with Zac Bailey instead.

Probably go Oliver, in form, if I was to change the C. Go dees

Now, I should take Neale's 123 pts as my (VC) score ....however, in my main Cashy (Tragics 1), I'm 33 points behind hoddo

Is the safe option to (C) Oliver ...hoping he outscores Neale, by even a few points, to offset Pendles

OR ...do I take Neale's 123 and hope Pendles can't score 90+ 🤔

Thoughts ?
1655074767719.png

Taking Neale, with the main reason being that I have my league opponent covered with a 123.

Pretty borderline. Oliver averaging 126, Gawn 120. I'm generally pretty conservative if the VC's hit 120.
Averages can be a bit misleading. Oliver and Gawn have scored above 123 5 out of 12. Unless you’re chasing a league win the percentage play is to take Neale’s score.

Now, I should take Neale's 123 pts as my (VC) score ....however, in my main Cashy (Tragics 1), I'm 33 points behind hoddo

Is the safe option to (C) Oliver ...hoping he outscores Neale, by even a few points, to offset Pendles

Thoughts ?
View attachment 1422775
Same boat my friend with Cripps. I needs Crisp, Pendelbury, Cameron and JDG to chase down around 384 if I take Cripps 127. Or risk it all and go Oliver as Captain

Thoughts ?
View attachment 1422775

Wait, does your opponent have Oliver and Pendles to come and you have just Oliver, and you’re 33 points behind currently AFTER you take Neale’s VC? Or is that based upon projections?

Pendles should go around 80 odd IMO, so if you roll the dice on Oliver you don’t have much to lose if it’s projected you in a losing position if Pendles hits that mark.

I am rolling with Oliver personally as I think he should score around the mark anyway. Averaged 119 over his last 3 against the Pies, but big ceiling appeals.

Wait, does your opponent have Oliver and Pendles to come and you have just Oliver, and you’re 33 points behind currently AFTER you take Neale’s VC? Or is that based upon projections?

Pendles should go around 80 odd IMO, so if you roll the dice on Oliver you don’t have much to lose if it’s projected you in a losing position if Pendles hits that mark.

I am rolling with Oliver personally as I think he should score around the mark anyway. Averaged 119 over his last 3 against the Pies, but big ceiling appeals.
Numbers actual as of today ....not projections ....33 points behind, without taking Neale's score (VC)

Numbers actual as of today ....not projections ....33 points behind, without taking Neale's score (VC)

Ah I see, gotcha! And taking Neale’s VC puts you 90 ahead, hence Pendles needs to score less than that. I assume he has already locked in his captain?

Pendles has gone 73, 62, 75 in his past three, but appeared managed for minutes over the past two weeks. They could do the same leading into their bye next week. But remember Pendles was averaging 105 up until the last three weeks.

I think 90 is achievable by Pendles, which makes me think punting on Oliver could be the way to go, factoring in he is averaging 131 at the MCG this season. I think either way you could nab an extra 15-20 points with Oliver C compared to Neale, but hard to say if that difference will be needed, as it depends on Pendles’ performance.

Genuine coin flip mate! Good luck!

Ah I see, gotcha! And taking Neale’s VC puts you 90 ahead, hence Pendles needs to score less than that. I assume he has already locked in his captain?

Pendles has gone 73, 62, 75 in his past three, but appeared managed for minutes over the past two weeks. They could do the same leading into their bye next week. But remember Pendles was averaging 105 up until the last three weeks.

I think 90 is achievable by Pendles, which makes me think punting on Oliver could be the way to go, factoring in he is averaging 131 at the MCG this season. I think either way you could nab an extra 15-20 points with Oliver C compared to Neale, but hard to say if that difference will be needed, as it depends on Pendles’ performance.

Genuine coin flip mate! Good luck!
Good advice ....thanks :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back