BTM

3- Tyson Stenglein
2- Ben Hart
1- Mark Bickley

Rookie

3- Michael Doughty
2- Graham Johncock
1- Chris Ladhams

I think i said a few weeks back that Kris Massie was a great trade well on second thoughts may be not, he has to learn how to stay on his bloody feet & not fall over so much when under a bit of pressure.

BOG

5 votes = M Ricciuto
4 votes = B Burton
3 votes = A McLeod
2 votes = B Hart
1 vote = T Stenglein

BTM

3 votes = T Stenglein
2 votes = M Clarke
1 vote = M Bickley

Rookie

3 votes = M Doughty
2 votes = G Johncock
1 vote = J Gallagher

Geez, why are we so inconsistent? Even though it was a gutsy fightback, we should not have gone to sleep early. Cousins nearly set the game up for the Eagles by himself & thank goodness Stinger was moved on to him (albiet too late). Can't give Bickley or Goody votes as they were the 2 mostly responsible for Cousins 16 1st quarter possesions. McLeod was brilliant late, but why hasn't he put together a 4 quarter effort like that this year (perhaps except the 1st game). Memo to Birdman - that's how you should play every week (ie. you have unbelievable talent typified by that goal from the pocket, so use it)!

Crunch game against the Pies this week. ie. A must win game now that battle for top 8 has heated up. Hope we get as many of the fab-4 back (ie. Johnson, Welsh, Stevens & Smart) BTW, ok.crows, have you removed your "we won't miss the top-4" curse from a couple of week ago as I reckon you have put the mozz on us?

BOG
5. Riccuito (4 quarter effort!)
4. McLeod
3. Stenglein
2. Burton
1. Hart

BTM
3. Stenglein
2. Riccuito
1. Hart

BR
3. Johncock
2. Doughty
1. Ladhams

Hard game to judge this one. At work today there's been a lot of 'great comeback, showed lots of heart to come back like that' while I'm thinking - no ticker in the first three quarters. I hope people don't focus too much on the last term. 40 pts down at 3/4 time is bad footy.

Ayresy got burnt with his 'our midfield will beat your midfield' theory. It worked against Brisbane & Carlton, but died in the a$$ yesterday.

Best on ground
5. McLeod
4. Stenglein
3. Hart
2. Riccuito
1. Burton

BTM
3. Stenglein
2. Riccuito
1. Hart

BR
3. Johncock
2. Doughty
1. -

Originally posted by noddy
I think i said a few weeks back that Kris Massie was a great trade well on second thoughts may be not, he has to learn how to stay on his bloody feet & not fall over so much when under a bit of pressure.

He's done a calf now and will miss at least the next 2 weeks.

BOG

5 Mark Ricciuto
4 Andrew McLeod
3 Brett Burton
2 Tyson Stenglein
1 Simon Goodwin

Team Man

3. Stenglein
2. Riccuito
1. Hart

Rookie
3 votes = M Doughty
2 votes = G Johncock
1 vote = J Gallagher

I will never forget Birdman's touch of brilliance in the fourth quarter where he just bamboozled the opposition to score an inspirational goal. Oh how I wish our first two quarters had been that good.

Crows V Magpies

Injuries are startin to mount like jockeys in the mountin yard:D

If Collingwood struggle against the Crows this week they are still pretending....Collingwood that is!!

Adelaides pretending has been there ever since Rd 1 without a decent Centre Half Forward; mind you Pierre showed some pluck.

Until we nail that vital spot with a bit of consistency we will still struggle.

Anybody think we will win this week given that 5 Crows are under the gun?

Cumulative votes so far

7 voters reckon the following:

Best on Ground
29 McLeod (5)
26 Riccuito (4)
19 Stenglein (3)
19 Burton (3)
10 Hart (1)
2 Goodwin
105 Total

Best Team Man
20 Stenglein (3)
11 Riccuito (2)
6 Hart (1)
2 Bickley
2 Clarke
1 Burton
42 Total

Best Rookie
18 Johncock (2)
17 Doughty (3)
2 Gallagher (1)
2 Ladhams
3 n/a
42 Total

BOG

5 Hart
4 Burton
3 Roo
2 Johncock
1 McLeod

TTM

3 Stenglien
2 Roo
1 Johncock

Rookie

3 Johncock
2 Doughty

Has anyone been to Crows training lately? I have heard that training has been very tough for the past 2-3 weeks. Craigy is using the same training routines as he did in 97 - 98 - he's running them hard now, so they are fit for the finals. This may explain why they have been so sluggish the past could of weeks.

Jerome

Jerome, the training session they had the week before the break was out in freezing rain - it was also the toughest they'd had all year, with all the players expected to run like the midfielders. Since then all their troubles have started!

I'm sure Nigel's pneumonia could be attributed to poor management, and you'd have to question Kane Johnson's recuperative powers if he's out for three weeks with an ankle injury, which took Goodwin one week to recover from.

Doubt if they'll win against C/wood this week, then they have a four day break before playing the Saints on Friday night. Then the Bullies...... so much for a record start for the year, can't see the Crows staying in the top four for long.

Final Votes

Only 8 voters this week - looks like only 5 players really stood out, which might explain why we lost.

Best on Ground
30 McLeod (5)
29 Riccuito (4)
23 Burton (3)
19 Stenglein (2)
15 Hart (1)
2 Johncock
2 Goodwin
120 Total

Best Team Man
23 Stenglein (3)
13 Riccuito (2)