Review Round 13 vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium? (12.06.21 - 4:15pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t watch past the first quarter as I had friends down from Brisbane, and I won’t be watching the replay after reading these comments.

I do find it quite embarrassing that a decimated Freo coming off a six day break can beat a team of first round draft picks coming off a bye. The finger needs to be pointed at the coaching and admin, it’s simply unacceptable

Figures don't lie.
TEAGUE Coached 40 Games - 17 wins / 23 losses - 42.5% win percentage
BUCKLEY Coached 217 Games - 116 wins / 99 losses / 2 draws - 53.5% win percentage
DEW Coached 73 Games - 16 wins / 56 losses / 1 draw - 21.9%

Teague under massive pressure after one season and a half - may not survive
Buckley's Magpies missed a Grand Final by a kick two seasons ago - did not survive this season's 25% win ratio
Dew with a dismal win percentage receives no pressure from supporters or club - but he should!

The Club needs to be much more aggressive over a Game Plan that clearly is not working. Dew's only very lucky he's not coaching a Vic team - no-one down there cares about the Suns and even more so when they can't threaten the competition. They are happy for us to keep Dew.

Figures don't lie.
TEAGUE Coached 40 Games - 17 wins / 23 losses - 42.5% win percentage
BUCKLEY Coached 217 Games - 116 wins / 99 losses / 2 draws - 53.5% win percentage
DEW Coached 73 Games - 16 wins / 56 losses / 1 draw - 21.9%

Teague under massive pressure after one season and a half - may not survive
Buckley's Magpies missed a Grand Final by a kick two seasons ago - did not survive this season's 25% win ratio
Dew with a dismal win percentage receives no pressure from supporters or club - but he should!

The Club needs to be much more aggressive over a Game Plan that clearly is not working. Dew's only very lucky he's not coaching a Vic team - no-one down there cares about the Suns and even more so when they can't threaten the competition. They are happy for us to keep Dew.
Footnote - Teague in only 40 games has coached one more win that Dew has in his entire coaching tenure!

Dew has until next season to start winning games. We all know that let's not rush to sacking someone and upsetting the apple cart otherwise the whole club is put back another 2-3 years. This TIME it Has to WORK because the players and supporters won't stick around if it doesn't.

Dew is the best available-for us
If we don't make finals next year, he has to go, but sadly so will a few core players I'd say
This is about as right as can be. The metric for this year has always been win more games, especially in the back half.

It makes me laugh a bit that one game into that back half the world has seemingly caved in. Dew should be judged at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back