VFL Round 13 - Williamstown vs Collingwood at Point Gellibrand Oval (Pies lost 61-91 #LosingIrks)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a dead set joke that Wills and Tardrew got named in our bests and not Sam Murray.

Callum was a clear stand out best but Murray easily next best. Hit every target too.

Wills only had 13 touches which is very poor for a mid, he did lay 12 tackles so someone must be rating those very highly.

Wills only had 13 touches which is very poor for a mid, he did lay 12 tackles so someone must be rating those very highly.
I reckon he was lucky if he had 3/4 posies in the second half. He's too slow to get to contests. Yep, he does tackle hard at stoppages.

Well considering we have lost Dunn, maybe Howe needs to fill the gap at fullback for the Essendon game, while Oxley play the intercept mark role. Then Moore can come in the following week against WC after a run in the VFL.

How many intercept marks did Oxley take in the Williamstown game?

Wouldnt have a clue, as he was playing more of a one on one role. But he can take a mark, and he is a nice kick coming out of D50.
Who do you see coming in, McClarty?

If Moore is ready for VFL then I would bring him straight back in.

Does playing VFL mean you don’t get hamstring injuries?

By the way I know the answer because I was at the VFL game in which he did his first one for us.

If Moore is ready for VFL then I would bring him straight back in.

Does playing VFL mean you don’t get hamstring injuries?

By the way I know the answer because I was at the VFL game in which he did his first one for us.

Moore straight in? He hasn't played for 7 weeks, l think the club needs to see him get through a VFL game first before throwing him into a AFL game.

DED and CFC I didn’t watch the game, but I can say with confidence that you’re both wrong. No need for Oxley (it makes me sick that there’s speculation around it) or to rush Moore. Mihocek slides into Dunn’s role and we adjust the forward structure to suit.

My feel is Greenwood comes in for Dunn to run with Merrett, Murray comes in to replace Appleby and Sidebottom spits out to spend more time forward without the hard tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DED and CFC I didn’t watch the game, but I can say with confidence that you’re both wrong. No need for Oxley (it makes me sick that there’s speculation around it) or to rush Moore. Mihocek slides into Dunn’s role and we adjust the forward structure to suit.

My feel is Greenwood comes in for Dunn to run with Merrett, Murray comes in to replace Appleby and Sidebottom spits out to spend more time forward without the hard tag.

I get the impression that you really don't like this guy...

On a number of levels. I also get the impression that I’m not alone!

You are never alone, Sco. They are with you in your heart and in your dreams...

Moore straight in? He hasn't played for 7 weeks, l think the club needs to see him get through a VFL game first before throwing him into a AFL game.

Well we don't have any other Option really now

So you don't think McClarty is ready to take Dunn's place?

I think in much the same way as Mihocek has stepped up and played a role, McLarty could do the same. His form has been building since his return from injury and while not impacting as much as earlier in the season, he is getting closer to that level. I think Mihocek to KPD and McLarty forward is the way to go.

We don't need McLarty for Essendon I think. We can go with what we've got against them but some of the games in the weeks that follow are a different story.

I'm not so sure. We don't name McLarty and they simply move Hooker forward allowing Hurley and Ambrose to look after the defence. We then lack enough matches for McKernan, Brown, Hooker and Stringer. Might work if it's going to piss rain but if it's dry they'll cut us up.

hJgcK3n.png

VchnMQC.png

That was the VFL listed Jack Blair, not Jarryd.

Probably says more about how good Meese was in his battle against Lynch and McLarty. Gave his mids first access.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back