Review Round 14, 2015: Coburg Lions v Box Hill Hawks, 19 July 2015, 2pm @ Piranha Park

Remove this Banner Ad

To those who've been down to see Shem play the last few weeks: Do you think his ability could be proportional to the quality of delivery from the midfield?

He sounds like he has great hands, obviously must be getting to the right spots and is able to convert his chances into goals. In just a few short weeks he's gone from being a player I thought might never quite make it out of the dev team to someone who might not look out of place as that "monster forward" in the AFL side.
I saw Shem live for the first time today. The guy plays the same sort iof role Hawkins plays. Totally dependent on delivery and body work. Purely a stay at home FF at this stage. Kicks straight though.

Jed was superb. He laid one of the best tackles I have seen today. Basically picked up the opposition ruckman (big, big fella) at the hips and planted him on his back with brute force. It was awesome.

The Box hill game plan is so Hawthorn. It is great to watch

Great to hear, but so it should be.

The Development league should probably have elements of it, but as is it aptly named, should be more about Development, than gameplan. The "lose a soldier, replace a soldier" mantra wouldn't work without the ressies having the same game plan. Would love to know how much influence clarko has on the BHH.

After seeing O'Rourke live a few times, today it struck me that he is an accumulating centreman type. A good distributor and link man in the Ben Allan mould.

Ceglar basically did as he pleased at the centre bounces. Silver service to the midfielders.

Howe was a bit quieter than previous games.

A very even performance overall

I saw Shem live for the first time today. The guy plays the same sort iof role Hawkins plays. Totally dependent on delivery and body work. Purely a stay at home FF at this stage. Kicks straight though.

Jed was superb. He laid one of the best tackles I have seen today. Basically picked up the opposition ruckman (big, big fella) at the hips and planted him on his back with brute force. It was awesome.

Yeah Hawkins is about what I expected. I said in the list management thread earlier in the year when Hawkins was still a free agent that we could use a player like him. Roughead is big but his strength isn't in that style. Franklin also wasn't that style which is why I think we've seen an improvement in how our forward line operates with a big body leading forward like McEvoy and Hale down there. When Roughy is free to play mobile no one can go with him.

Yeah Hawkins is about what I expected. I said in the list management thread earlier in the year when Hawkins was still a free agent that we could use a player like him. Roughead is big but his strength isn't in that style. Franklin also wasn't that style which is why I think we've seen an improvement in how our forward line operates with a big body leading forward like McEvoy and Hale down there. When Roughy is free to play mobile no one can go with him.
Shem definitely has something to offer. We should persist and he needs to play at this level rather than the development team if he is going to be fast-tracked. He definitely had defenders concerned when he hit the pack.

I thought O'Brien was good today. I even saw him outbody his opponent a few times through the use of his hips :) I was pleasantly surprised.

Terrible to hear about Woody, but pleased to see that Jedi ripped the game apart. Could Shem turn into that big marking forward option we need? We may yet see a couple of Kiwis on the cusp in a year or two... time will tell.

Great to hear, but so it should be.

The Development league should probably have elements of it, but as is it aptly named, should be more about Development, than gameplan. The "lose a soldier, replace a soldier" mantra wouldn't work without the ressies having the same game plan. Would love to know how much influence clarko has on the BHH.

After what happened in last year's VFL GF I would say a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing O'Rourke live a few times, today it struck me that he is an accumulating centreman type. A good distributor and link man in the Ben Allan mould.

Ceglar basically did as he pleased at the centre bounces. Silver service to the midfielders.

Howe was a bit quieter than previous games.

A very even performance overall
Could do a lot worse than mould yourself in a Ben Allan type mould. Memories come flooding back, what a gun.

Appreciate the updates guys, quality work. Just wondering how young Willsmore is fairing?

Okay but has probably levelled out. Seems to be used as the wide switching option to use his kicking. But he has to find another trick
Another preseason won't do him any harm either.

Very sad for Woody, I wish him a full recovery.

Well done Box Hill. Thanks also for all the reports on the games
Cheers

Very sad for Woody, I wish him a full recovery.

Well done Box Hill. Thanks also for all the reports on the games
Cheers
PatientHawk? Interesting username, that hasn't needed to be tested in recent times lol.

My son had 3 premierships in his life time by the age of seven, I toyed with the idea of buying him a Bulldogs jumper to keep it interesting.

A great win but a really bad day with Woody and Jack Codd-Miller both sustaining likely ACL injuries. The injury to Woody didn't involve a bump or tackle. He was running at full pace and kicked the ball cleanly before striding onto his left leg when he shouted "Oh No" and went to ground.

In the development game Lachie Langford had a fair game but kicked 3 behinds from set shots. JML didn't have much of an impact and received a heavy knock to his back in the last quarter.

I thought Kurt played a solid game which featured a couple of very strong marks. Howe received a heavy knock to his nose in the first quarter and that probably quietened him down. Sicily and Willsmore were again disappointing and need to improve their work rates. O'Brien took some really strong marks and fed out some very good handballs. He needs to work on his consistency in a game. Grimmers again worked hard and was team oriented. Marc Pittonet competed well in the ruck and followed up his ruckwork with some strong tackles and possessions. Probably his best game and his improvement shows. Jed outstanding with 6 goals and a good number of clearances. Ceglar and Simpkin very good games. JOR won a lot of the ball but needs to improve his disposal and composure. Hardisty wasn't given any freedom, worked hard but not as prominent as last week. Miles quieter than usual but again showed his footy smarts. Shem 4 very accurate goals and a physical presence. Needs to work on his agility and positioning to limit run from defence.

O'Brien took some really strong marks and fed out some very good handballs. He needs to work on his consistency in a game.

Was he playing mostly forward today or down back? And in your opinion is he making any more of an impact on games than earlier in the year? By that, I mean willing himself to contests. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back