VFL Round 14, 2018: Coburg v Sandringham - Piranha Park, Saturday 7th July, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I only watched the first half but thought Freezer was good. Probably in our top three with Blake and Kade Answerth to half time. Got plenty of contested ball - lots of handballs around clearances and tackles. Was really hoping to see him torch a few bursting from a stoppage but his game style at present actually resembles Tom Mitchell rather than Shuey/Dangerfield of his junior career. I wonder though if this is due to the sloppy and congested nature of VFL. Would love to see him 1v1 on the wing of the MCG with no one else within 40m. Think he might finally be ready.

Hughie played FB. Was standing behind him on the bench and could not believe the size of him. He was standing next to Hickey and there was stuff all in it for height. In the first half he won a really nice holding the ball free and neutralised the aerial contest well but didn’t provide a great deal in way of rebound. Didn’t make a mistake that I saw though.
I agree a lot of the stuff you said about Freeman but he has the chance to play outside at Sandy but chooses to be the inside mid and like you i have yet to see him sprint with any speed what so ever , Im not sure we will ever see it again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero hit outs is disappointing
Sandra-Sully-2.jpg

Update on Lewie. Named in the bests in a badly beaten Frankston team against Geelong.

View attachment 524840
According to vfl website stats 50% of those kicks were ineffective. His 3 marks were uncontested. Doesnt read that great...
9 Tackles is good but
Also from my limited viewing of the live stream I thought he was beaten by Smith and those hitouts he did get were not to advantage but first to admit I didnt watch all of it.

Saying that 13 of Hickey's disposals were deemed ineffective too

Some good games. Surely we reward some of the Hick's form? Love seeing Marshall, Goddard, Paton, Acres and Freeman all in the mix. Lonie as well if we want to replace Wright without being too adventurous. Each would have a strong case for making into the senior squad, although I don't think we're going to opt for mass changes.

Seeing Sandra Sully aged is making the teenage boy version of me cry. She was the best thing channel 10 had to offer for so long.
It's time to move on and accept Jane Bunn as the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back