Review Round 14, 2018: Footscray Bulldogs v Box Hill Hawks, 7 July 2018, 3.20pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Having lost two on the trot, the Hawks are clinging on to a finals berth by the skin of their teeth with just six games left in the season (the Hawks have a bye in a fortnight). The task doesn't get much easier for the Hawks, as they travel to Etihad Stadium in an afternoon curtain raiser to play the Bulldogs, who would love nothing more than a victory over the Hawks to consolidate their place inside the top eight.

The Dogs enter the match sixth on the ladder on percentage, and need results to go their way in order to make a late charge towards the top four. The Hawks are currently seventh, a win behind the Dogs and level on points with Collingwood, Port Melbourne (whom the Hawks play next week) and North Melbourne. A win for the Hawks would keep their finals chances well and truly alive, but a loss could see the Hawks outside the top eight for the first time this season (Port Melbourne host Williamstown, Collingwood host Werribee and North Melbourne play second-placed Casey Demons).

Footscray
B: Olsson, Collins, Smith
HB: Prudden, Young, William
C: Dalgleish, Porter, Greenwood
HF: Greene, Roughead, Monfries
F: English, Roberts, Mullenger-McHugh
Foll: Campbell, Honeychurch, Hayes
I/C: Hamad, Henness, Nash, Sullivan
23rd: Symeopoulos

Box Hill Hawks
B: Mirra, Brand, O'Brien
HB: O'Rourke, Heatherley, Whitecross
C: Moore, Moore, Willsmore
HF: Jiath, Hanrahan, Jones
F: Nash, Lewis, Schoenmakers
Foll: Pittonet, Worpel, Lovell
I/C: Brolic, Hams, Jones, Kilpatrick
23rcd: Mackie

Having won a nailbiter against Richmond last week, Hawthorn VFLW host the Williamstown Seagulls at Box Hill City Oval at 11.30am on Sunday, 8 July. Williamstown are second bottom on the ladder, with just one win from seven games, while the Hawks sit second, with six wins from seven games.

Hawthorn
B: Perera, Ebb, Sibley
HB: Nixon,Van Dyk, Randall
C: Hutchins, Mackie, Macdonald
HF: Carroll, Perkins, Flanagan
F: Beeson, Gilder, Luke
Foll: Tanner, Kuys, Crockett-Grills
I/C: Dowler, Haines, Nestor, O'Donnell
Emg: David, McNamara, Papadopoulos, Yule

Williamstown
B: Cranny, Hateley, Dardengo
HB: Meade, Seabrook, Stevens
C: Lowe, Williamson, Smith
HF: Paterno, Garner, Porter
F: Chapman, Cross, Harris
Foll: Achampong, Duffin, Cameron
I/C: Melnikas, Murphy-Burke, Portelli, Raymundo
Emg: Dixon, Heard, Koropeckyj, Wallace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughable that there is a senior state league match happening at one of the countries premier sports venues, and yet the live coverage is almost non-existant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back