Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
1966 & 2066?
Ohhhh back to back 100 years apart. Now I get it. I hope you got the year wrong though and it's really 2026

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
i disagree on Parker ... yes his decision making at times is a bit off but the idea is there, what he brings to the team is that unexpectedness.. we have run with the bog boring type player who does the easy thing everytime to death.. i would rather Parker go hard and try to impact the game 100 times over playing a robot who will only run straight lines ... Parkers strength is is flair and his natural ability you dont try and beat that out of him you need to encorrage that and hope it grows into something consistant ... we love players like Dusty and Betts because they dont do the norm but go for the stuff others cant the differance is those two have over 200 games experiance doing that so it comes off more than it doesnt.. the thing to remember Parker has what 12 games experiance i think we gotta let him grow as a player in the seniors.. provided he chases and brings the pressure im not really fussed if he is impacting the game at this stage in his career as he is still learning the craft ... the last thing we want is to grow impatent and turn him into a player afraid to use his x-factor
Not so much stifle him as give him a chance to work on some things.
He seems to be getting lost a fair bit now and the last thing I want is for him to get frustrated.
He could be a great asset but some things need for you to go back to a slower speed to work on.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
I'm neither here nor there with Newnes to be honest. Handy player, but not what we need. If he stays i'm not worried if he leaves and we get a decent pick then great.

I think he'd go well at Hawthorn. Type of role player they love.

Dads a hawk, recon he trade a future 1st round for Newnes and a future 2nd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dads a hawk, recon he trade a future 1st round for Newnes and a future 2nd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't mention he's a free agent to him! we might get something for Newnes..

All seriousness if Hawks did us a favor and put him on a front loaded contract and we got a 2nd rounder.. I'm happy.

All seriousness if Hawks did us a favor and put him on a front loaded contract and we got a 2nd rounder.. I'm happy.

I reckon we would be better to keep him for depth if that was the case. We usually burn picks any way. Hopefully another player pushes him out eventually but right now the beige brigade are best 22 because we have * all in the cupboard.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sinclair has been doing his role , don't get me wrong I wish he would be better but the guy racks up more miles than about anyone in the team attempting to plug holes in the backline to cover the other teams mids which are usually cutting us to bits while playing from a half forward flank most of the time.
Averages 9 contested possessions a game , 5 tackles a game , 5 score involvements , mtrs gain 263m - not too many could do the work he does except for Geary , Phillips or McKenzie running wise.

Not until we get a couple mids that can actually win there match ups would I even think about dropping Sinclair.

Also Armitage is past his best so hopefully he goes out when Hannebery comes back in , he is to slow and hasn't really have the stamina now to play his position as a midfielder - once again being a guy who can only play as a midfielder he has no wehere to hide when he is getting murdered , so Richardson trys to find a place for him and of course the halfback flank is the only place where he can get a possession , however it crushes the team because his rebound is to slow and we have far more effective defenders to do the job.

Another thing we have to drop one of our tall backs - we have Wilkie , Marsh , Brown and Battle and we only need 3 so one has to go and I hate to say it but Brown is the one.

I will be on the piss if we win it that early. Does anyone know the best brothel for a 104 year old
With someone that has a healthy diet such as yourself I wouldn't be surprised if you'd need to show ID.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon we would be better to keep him for depth if that was the case. We usually burn picks any way. Hopefully another player pushes him out eventually but right now the beige brigade are best 22 because we have **** all in the cupboard.
I’ve been thinking about it. We should give our first pick to Carlton for a bowl of veal & rabbit ravioli.. at least that way we won’t have to argue who we burn next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

Pretty sure that loading over the contract is considered for free agency compensation.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Under rated ripping post
His game on Saturday showed his is a match winner , kicking those 2 goals in the last was massive - he is our best player we have now.

We now have Billings , Marshall , Battle , Gresham , King , Paton , Wilkie , Steele who are far from beige and are all young.

With Carlisle , Hannebery , Steven , Ross , Webster , Membery , McKenzie added with a solid game plan expect the Saints to be playing finals for many years to come.

No doubt we will draft a couple free agents who they will be I don't know but with Allan on our staff we will be getting a class mid for sure and that's what we need.

The last 2 games have been gut wrenching but hopefully we can move forward now playing back home

I feel if we can get our best side on the park we have a great chance to make finals.

I'm still looking for Acres to come good and development in Hunter Clark , Coffield , Bytel and Clavarino.
Also improvement from Sinclair , Dunstan , Bruce , Newnes , Parker , Kent , Long , Hind , Phillips , Austin , White.

BTW, if Newnes plays this week (and he will), he will draw level with Ian Synman for the most consecutive games played for St Kilda.

You mean the same Synman who was in the premiership team....
It’s an omen :D

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
We also moved Newnes off a wing when he was playing good footy to play Phillips there which I don't think was a good move in the end
An article a number of days later said that Newnes had missed the main training session leading up to that game where he was moved forward and Phillips brought in, so I'd say he was injured and not up to playing wing, so given that we're not allowed to not play him, we shoved him in the forward line for a couple of weeks.

Had he not been injured it would have been a bizarre move (given Phillips apparently meh form in the 2's, and the fact Newnes had been going well and we had numerous other options for the wing), but I think it's pretty safe to say he was indeed injured.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
When Carlisle eventually plays, move Battle back to the forward line. His 50metre+ goal on Saturday shows he still has a forwards instincts.
When he was moved forward late 2 or 3 weeks ago he took a mark in a 1-on-1 contest and kicked the goal and made it look like it was nothing, and it just reminded me of how good he was looking up forward last year (before his injuries/concussions) and that he was drafted because of his top quality work up forward.

Whenever Jake returns we could do an awful lot worse that to move Josh back to the front half.

He is a very good chance of doing well there and his presence could also make life easier for Skunk and Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back