Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
He has also been getting a few looks at goal every game. Had he kicked straight could be avg 1.5 or 2 goals per game which would be handy

Unless he starts to tire, Parker is a player you get games into.

He will go freakish things and has gone past Long IMO.

Both be and Lonie are our two best options at this stage.

He has all the attributes to be a special player if he maintains his hunger and work ethic.

Get him to 50 games as quickly as possible. He's the type that will one day pull something out of his arse and win you a grand final.

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unless he starts to tire, Parker is a player you get games into.

He will go freakish things and has gone past Long IMO.

Both be and Lonie are our two best options at this stage.

He has all the attributes to be a special player if he maintains his hunger and work ethic.

Get him to 50 games as quickly as possible. He's the type that will one day pull something out of his arse and win you a grand final.
Exactly. You need this type of player come finals, especially GF. I think it’s cost us in the past not having someone like him.

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
In: Carlisle Hanners Webster Paton
Out: White (inj) Armo Newnes Marsh

Play Carlisle as deep FF (and watch Bruce/Membrey dominate)
Paton on the wing and HFF
Hanners mid and wing
Webster HBF and wing

Dmac to tag Neale

Go Saints

Do you know Newnes got some "Exclusive footage of Richo" that's why he is Protected species and cannot be dropped.

OxSaint

All Australian
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
What’s the story with whites injury? Assuming a cork as there has been no reporting of it.

Two of newnes, hunter, Armo, Marsh/Brown to make way for hanners and Paton. Our defence hasn’t looked as good since going to 3 genuine talls.

As honourable as brown fights I am all for putting games into Marsh so maybe brown out and Wilkie to play 3rd tall.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Watched the second half of the Suns game again. White was fantastic. Thought Hunter was pretty good too and made an impact.

Changes I'd make:
In: Carlisle Hannebery Webster
Out: Marsh Armo Hind

Hind unlucky.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
You can't over-correct on the amount of small forwards we play. Clearly Parker, Kent, Young AND Long was too many, but Parker, Kent and Hind is a good blend. And on last week's form if I was to drop anyone it would be Parker. But I wouldn't drop any of them, and especially not for a midfielder.

So White gets replaced if he's unfit, but definitely not if he is fit. Thought it was an especially manful effort on Saturday, but if he's not right and Webster needs a week in the twos, play Paton. Armo did little wrong but is my unlucky out for Hanners, who absolutely must play this week. No more "blokes who should be in the ones getting hurt in the twos".

McKenzie Brown Wilkie
Savage Battle White/Paton
Billings Acres Sinclair
Kent Bruce Sinclair
Gresham Membrey Parker
Marshall Ross Dunstan
Hind Marsh Hannebury Clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
Watched the second half of the Suns game again. White was fantastic. Thought Hunter was pretty good too and made an impact.

Changes I'd make:
In: Carlisle Hannebery Webster
Out: Marsh Armo Hind

Hind unlucky.

If you watched the first half the outs would be Mckenzie, Brown, Armo, Newnes and a couple of others from memory (the quick i forget this game the better)

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
What's the thinking behind dropping Kent mate?

Kicked 2, should have had 4 and set up a fair few more.

I totally get where you're coming from, but I just don't see him as a long term player in our best 22. He has been incredibly inconsistent for his entire career and has played 2 good games out of 12 this season. His stats were good but he just doesn't pass the eye test for me. So many fumbles, awful shots on goal, dropped marks and weak defensive efforts. His game against Melbourne was genuinely good and I thought overall he was decent against Gold Coast but I suspect we'll get another 4-6 bad games before he plays another good one.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
I totally get where you're coming from, but I just don't see him as a long term player in our best 22. He has been incredibly inconsistent for his entire career and has played 2 good games out of 12 this season. His stats were good but he just doesn't pass the eye test for me. So many fumbles, awful shots on goal, dropped marks and weak defensive efforts. His game against Melbourne was genuinely good and I thought overall he was decent against Gold Coast but I suspect we'll get another 4-6 bad games before he plays another good one.
Yeah fair points. I don't think he's ever played a stretch of games concurrent as he is with us this year. I'm ok with his work rate but agree with his skill level, saying that he's not alone in the shizen skills department at the moment....

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I thought Kent's last month has been more that satisfactory.

There is a class of player who can play in a premiership but won't necessarily be in your premiership team when you win one, because the two or three who are most in form are the ones who will be in. Kent's one of those guys.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah fair points. I don't think he's ever played a stretch of games concurrent as he is with us this year. I'm ok with his work rate but agree with his skill level, saying that he's not alone in the shizen skills department at the moment....

2016 was by far his best season when he played 20 games. Kicked multiple goals 4 times and had over 20 disposals 5 times. Very, very similar statistically to Mav's best season which was also 2016. Neither player has come close to replicating their 2016 form ever since. I fail to see how he's a better player than Mav in any way.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...pid2=3600&fid1=P&fopt1=2016&fid2=P&fopt2=2016

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
Crazy to move Battle forward now imo given how good he is back..

If anyone goes fwd I think it's actually Jake
I really want to see a half back line that has Carlisle and Battle. Intercept marking is lethal. We saw that for years with Sammy fisher. It’s the way forward for us, in my opinion.

Forward press. Long ball down the line. Battle and Carlisle take the mark. Then we go quick on the fat side into space.

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
Can’t believe people want to drop Parker.

He brings things that no one else has. Toughness and speed. Another preseason under his belt and he can start to gut run forward of the play and be really dangerous on the turnover.

He is also a spark plug. There will be games in the coming years where 1 or 2 acts from Parker get us back in a game. He has all the potential to be a Walters lite.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I really want to see a half back line that has Carlisle and Battle. Intercept marking is lethal. We saw that for years with Sammy fisher. It’s the way forward for us, in my opinion.

Forward press. Long ball down the line. Battle and Carlisle take the mark. Then we go quick on the fat side into space.
Carlisle, Battle and Marsh seems like a really good mix to me. They are all different types and have a good mix of strengths and weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back