Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was joking. I was doing the opposite of what girls seem to do when married. Yes you are correct. Just on that do you think my divorced wife should still have my surname. The only Benicia is I’m nearly first in the phone book
Need to start using some emojis Plug. Your humour is hard to work out sometimes

Not sure about Clark- I reckon he needs to spend summer with a running coach and get those legs working. Apart from Steven, none of our mids can really burst off the mark.

Clark’s ball-handling skills are potentially elite, but you are sot on: his fitness is a long way off.

He ran a 10 min 35 sec time trial over 3000m in pre-season which was apparently a big PB for him. Unfortunately that is still a very slow time by AFL standards. Someone like Steele Sidebottom (who he will be coming up against on a regular basis) runs 9.20 for 3k, so he would literally lap Clark over 3k.

Perhaps 6 weeks of training with a group of middle distance runners prior to the next pre-season might bring up to a reasonable standard.

To me, Clark has the talent to be an A grader, but he’s going to have to work harder on his running than others with similar high-end potential to get to that level.

Clark’s ball-handling skills are potentially elite, but you are sot on: his fitness is a long way off.

He ran a 10 min 35 sec time trial over 3000m in pre-season which was apparently a big PB for him. Unfortunately that is still a very slow time by AFL standards. Someone like Steele Sidebottom (who he will be coming up against on a regular basis) runs 9.20 for 3k, so he would literally lap Clark over 3k.

Perhaps 6 weeks of training with a group of middle distance runners prior to the next pre-season might bring up to a reasonable standard.

To me, Clark has the talent to be an A grader, but he’s going to have to work harder on his running than others with similar high-end potential to get to that level.
The kid has got the skills just needs time to get the stamina to compete with some of the elite runners.
He will get there but I wouldn't expect him to kill it in the AFL yet - and if we do just give him short stints.

Agree.

Not a spud at all but definitely not an A grader capable of playing as a lone tall in the forward line.

He’s been down on form the past few weeks but started the season well contesting and bringing the ball to ground for the smalls.

I thought Bruce starting to throw himself into some contests seemed to start a bit of a momentum shift too. He was getting towelled up but started to push the defence around and made them look over their shoulders. Before that they were strolling around looking like they were playing stress free footy.

Finished watching a replay of the first half of the game. Billings, Acres, Marshall & Gresham clearly our best. Newnes & Bruce look like two guys coasting without concern their spot in the 22 is in jeopardy.

How did you sit through it? That half was as bad as I have seen any AFL side play for years.

Not sure about Clark- I reckon he needs to spend summer with a running coach and get those legs working. Apart from Steven, none of our mids can really burst off the mark.
You been stalking me buddy :p , i said the same thing a few weeks back but yes i agree with you 100%

Maybe the club should get a running coach to try and help our young guys like hunter and bytel with their off the mark acceleration

First 3 letters correct. Aardvark just has me covered.
Aardvark
The aardvark gets its name from a South African word meaning “earth pig.” Although the aardvark looks like a pig, especially with its body and snout.
Usually found at Tin Can hill drinking VB cans and eating Dim Sims and Hotdogs.

1560655390039.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate disagree bruce has been a spud for 3 years. He had one good armo year. Hes just not good enough lets not sugar coat it. Doesnt have the footy smarts or great hands required to be a forward.

Playing Bruce's role under Richo's game plan would make any and all FF's struggle. He has done well to cope as long as he has battling often against 2-3 defenders and then opposition ruckman dropping in front of him. Now has lost confidence, he needs help and the obvious move early on would have been Battle.

Bruce is not a super star but who do we have to replace him. Paddy was shot the day he started. King needs lots of time. It's easy to bag players but when we dont have replacements and a coach who loves to kick 10 goals a game it seems a pointless exercise.

Playing Bruce's role under Richo's game plan would make any and all FF's struggle. He has done well to cope as long as he has battling often against 2-3 defenders and then opposition ruckman dropping in front of him. Now has lost confidence, he needs help and the obvious move early on would have been Battle.

Bruce is not a super star but who do we have to replace him. Paddy was shot the day he started. King needs lots of time. It's easy to bag players but when we dont have replacements and a coach who loves to kick 10 goals a game it seems a pointless exercise.
Bruce is smothered every game , double team every time the ball is in our forward line - If we get another marking target should help him a lot.
Bruce is no super star but I would rather have in the team than Rowe.

Guys like Newnes & Bruce are currently best 22 but for the long term we should be giving others the opportunity in their roles. We’ll never improve with those two holding up two key roles in the side. Coaching team needs to get creative & try others. You just never know we might find another Wilkie gem.

Sorry mate disagree bruce has been a spud for 3 years. He had one good armo year. Hes just not good enough lets not sugar coat it. Doesnt have the footy smarts or great hands required to be a forward.
7 contested marks in a game
Hands are ok

If it is all the coaches fault though, why is Membrey still playing well? Top 10 for the Coleman at the moment.

Battle has been a shining light down back, he looks like a future AA CHB and Richo deserves a bit of credit there. Tossing him forward after a full pre season as a backman and a cracking start to the year wouldn't have been great for him. Big Max King will take the role forward in the next few weeks.

I just don't think Bruce is that good but I think he'd be able to play a role as a second or third tall when King comes good.

With a win next week, we could be equal 6th spot coming into round 15

Safe to say the competition is in terrible shape
We can beat the Lions and we could of beaten Port but we got flogged.
We need to turn up and play our best possible side and hopefully next week we only make 3 changes maximum.
Max King . Hannebery , Webster or Paton

Webster - Marsh - McKenzie
Savage - Battle - Wilkie
Billings - Dunstan - Acres
Kent - Bruce - Gresham
King - Membery - Parker

Marshall - Ross - Hannebery

Newnes - Sinclair - Hind - White or Hunter Clark

Guys like Newnes & Bruce are currently best 22 but for the long term we should be giving others the opportunity in their roles. We’ll never improve with those two holding up two key roles in the side. Coaching team needs to get creative & try others. You just never know we might find another Wilkie gem.
Maybe when we have our best players available, but dropping these guys while we have so many senior players out would do us more harm than good IMO.

I think we can try players in those roles while those two are still in the 22.

I'm not sure how other clubs rate in this area but I think we have already played 35 players this year and that will likely rise to 38 next week with King, Hanners and Carlisle back.

7 contested marks in a game
Hands are ok
Bruce is another who puts in every week but is out numbered due to our forward line set up - very rare you can get a forward player to run up and down the ground like Bruce and he is ● Ranked 10th in Total Contested Marks in the AFL so going by this he is one of the best marks in the competition.

Will like him to play in the goal square but is needed at CHF because of his mobility up and down the ground.

I thought Bruce starting to throw himself into some contests seemed to start a bit of a momentum shift too. He was getting towelled up but started to push the defence around and made them look over their shoulders. Before that they were strolling around looking like they were playing stress free footy.

Yeah Bruce’s numbers don’t look great but I still think he’s pretty important for us as a target and a big strong body to worry the defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back