Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy enough with that, though disappointed for White.

Would have been happy to see Carlisle or Battle forward (as I'm still far from convinced that we're not better off with 3 quality marking targets up front), but I also think the end is coming pretty quickly for Brown, and that our backline will be better with him out and Jake in.

Happy enough for Paton to have some more time in the magoos, to hopefully continue to improve his midfield game and ideally get to the stage where he's really killing it and feeling super-confident.

The big boy cavalry has arrived.

Carlisle and Hannebery are massive ins, on paper at least, whether they can play their best football after so long out remains to be seen but they give us some much needed experience and class, great to see them back.

Armo lucky.

We look slow.

He was pretty good at times last week I thought, deserves another shot.

It won't be close to 30 degrees either like it was in Townsville so he won't be cramping up as much and needing the pickle juice shooters.

Not sure how I feel about Armo still in. Honestly I don’t think we’ll win this. Be a big shock for the lions to lose to Carlton then us.

As we are slow we cannot keep bombing it in this week. We have to lower our eyes like we did in the second half last week. (obvious). Or we have to win in the midfield. Just have to be smart which is saying something for us.

Not sure how I feel about Armo still in. Honestly I don’t think we’ll win this. Be a big shi k for the lions to lose to Carlton then us.
I’m with you. Can’t see us winning. Great ins in. Few weeks but tough after a long layoff. Brisbane have more fit class than us. Hope I’m surprised.

As we are slow we cannot keep bombing it in this week. We have to lower our eyes like we did in the second half last week. (obvious). Or we have to win in the midfield. Just have to be smart which is saying something for us.
I feel like we have the dumbest midfielders going around. Seb Ross in particular just loves to bomb and hope.

They will cream us off half back. Daniel rich running back there taking every errant ball that goes inside fifty. They’ll destroy us. We have to fix that now.

I’m with you. Can’t see us winning. Great ins in. Few weeks but tough after a long layoff. Brisbane have more fit class than us. Hope I’m surprised.
Yeah I’m not at all disappointed. And the more I think about it, I’m happy for Armo to get another shot. He did play reasonably well up in Townsville. This might be more his style so let’s see how he goes.

seriuosl stupid the bombing only works if you move the ball really quickly like richmond, which is fine because then the smalls go to work. otherwise you need another key forward
I feel like we have the dumbest midfielders going around. Seb Ross in particular just loves to bomb and hope.

They will cream us off half back. Daniel rich running back there taking every errant ball that goes inside fifty. They’ll destroy us. We have to fix that now.
[/QUOT

seriuosl stupid the bombing only works if you move the ball really quickly like richmond, which is fine because then the smalls go to work. otherwise you need another key forward
I don’t think it works at all. I’m yet to see a game plan that is centred around bombing it long. At the start of the year we had stopped playing on after marks to the point we were 17th in the Comp. all of a sudden we’ve gone back to old ways. Just slow it down.

And kick accurately too. I want to see ya kick 16.7 or 17.8 instead of 9.15 for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain the benefit of another tall if you move it slowly. I don’t get it if anything the quicker you move it the benefit of talls because they are more likely to be one on one

I don’t think it works at all. I’m yet to see a game plan that is centred around bombing it long. At the start of the year we had stopped playing on after marks to the point we were 17th in the Comp. all of a sudden we’ve gone back to old ways. Just slow it down.
And kick accurately too. I want to see ya kick 16.7 or 17.8 instead of 9.15 for a change.

Winx ;)....just gotta wait a little longer though.

Well, team is as it is. I’m glad that we haven’t gone too big and slow defensively (particularly with the old dog Armo), but then Browny has been really good at times. Would have like to see Paton, who has something.

But big things for me are a quarter time lead for once and kicking straight. Would it be that much to ask for once this year?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back