Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinclair could do with a bit more consistency but I would give him a leave pass this week because IMO his possession in the last minute of the game was instrumental in us having a "W" against our name. Also we don't know what his role is from week to week. Some weeks his role might not allow him to get a lot of possessions.
Ceiling reached wont get much more out of him.

When Carlisle eventually plays, move Battle back to the forward line. His 50metre+ goal on Saturday shows he still has a forwards instincts.
Them types of goals are easier to kick when you play behind the ball rather than forward of center

Now I know you're not itk

No team in australia could be possiby be interested in having newnes play for them.

Fortunately clubs would have a lot more to base their opinions on than bigfooty and facebook melts. Would be a shame to lose Newnes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That centring kick in the last quarter on Saturday was so good. If he knew how to find the ball more often he'd be a great player.

He only got 15 touches, but 8 of them were contested, kind of suggests he was struggling for space.
AFL is kind of turning into a thing where players bat the ball along the ground, afraid to be the first one to grab it and get tackled and turn it over.

Sinclair could do with a bit more consistency but I would give him a leave pass this week because IMO his possession in the last minute of the game was instrumental in us having a "W" against our name. Also we don't know what his role is from week to week. Some weeks his role might not allow him to get a lot of possessions.
Wow , your easy to please , one possession saves him

If we are playing finals this year we have to beat the Lions , we have to win 13 games not just 12 because of our poor %.
Richardson's job is on the line and he knows they have to knock off a couple of these teams above us and the next 2 games are a must.

Can we do it , I don't know , however I know one thing someone has to start kicking goals.

On that logic we need to delist 37 players at years end...

Delisting a player never helped any team ever.
You only de-list them to make room for a potentially better player.

If we lose Newnes for nothing it won't help us.
If we get some sort of compensation, we get a lottery ticket. Could be another Newnes, a Wright, or a Fyfe.

Newnes would he a handy player in a good side. I've got no doubt there'd be clubs keen to have a nibble if it means they don't have to give up a draft pick.
I'm neither here nor there with Newnes to be honest. Handy player, but not what we need. If he stays i'm not worried if he leaves and we get a decent pick then great.

I think he'd go well at Hawthorn. Type of role player they love.

i agree i think Sinc is often tasked with roles that perhaps sacrifice his game for the sake of the team .. to us dumdum fans in the crowd we would look at it thinking hes not performing but internally he may be holding his role exactly as what is being asked of him ...
its an indication of where our team are at we dont always have the luxury of playing the guys in the roles that best suit them as we need them in the rolse to best suit the team
I mention Two blokes who lately have not been pulling their weight and you can make a case for both why they should stay in the team , i know everyone has an opinion but have you wondered why we are such a sh1t team , its because we constantly make excuses for them , yes i understand we really dont have the depth to drop both ATM but hopefully soon we will until they can perform up to the required level

On that logic we need to delist 37 players at years end...

I think most agree we have too many goodish-not great players. Newnes has had enough time to be more consistent at the basics. That kick across the ground in the first quarter which should have led to an easy goal went way behind the free player (I think it was Bruce) which effectively killed off the attack,

I was really surprised and impressed with his early season form but he has fallen away quite dramatically. I think it is time for him to head back to Sandy and earn his spot back in the seniors, giving some others an extended time to develop their game.

Wow , your easy to please , one possession saves him
Let's face it, there hasn't been much to get excited about lately
Anyone hitting a target these days is something to get excited about!

I mention Two blokes who lately have not been pulling their weight and you can make a case for both why they should stay in the team , i know everyone has an opinion but have you wondered why we are such a sh1t team , its because we constantly make excuses for them , yes i understand we really dont have the depth to drop both ATM but hopefully soon we will until they can perform up to the required level
its not making an excuse for them its understanding in a game with 22 players in the team you cant have 22 of them being BOG... Sinc, Newnes, Parker and Kent all keep their spot because they fulfil their role required and they keep their spot because those in the VFL are not bashing the door down to displace them ... if a player is out of form then there is ZERO advantage to dropping them for a player who is not up to the level required as yet .. Young is a prime example of that ...
the good teams will only drop players for someone performing better at the lower level what you and the other people calling for these guys to be dropped are saying is you would rather an average VFL player to come in because an average AFL player has a low possesion game ... in what world do you think that would work ? its a knee jerk reaction fans have to feel the need everyweek to name a scapegoat to be cut from the team.. thankfully the coaches are more balanced and look at all the factors when picking the squad..
so i ask you who in the VFL at this moment is doing enough to to displace these guys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back