Autopsy Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

You do know that White and Webster weren't available. And if Richo is as stuffed as we seem to think, why should he give a crap about making a statement.
If we drop every player who was ****, I guess Rowe, Alabaxis and Langlands all get a run next week.

White should be available this week, Webster possibly is too.

Acres was literally a mid at underage though... was rated very highly and ifhe hadn't been injuredin his draft year was tipped to go a lot higher. Problem is playing them all out of position.
Been going on since Richo started biggest challenge to development of a player is playing them out of position.

Ie playing Clark in the forward line last year
Paton in the forward line last year
Acres been played everywhere except on the ball for the last 5 years
Steele beginning as a winger last year?HF not an inside mid

can go on.

It's amazing when players are given a chance in their positions they've been playing in normally how much better they look.

Been going on since Richo started biggest challenge to development of a player is playing them out of position.

can go on.

It's amazing when players are given a chance in their positions they've been playing in normally how much better they look.
Other clubs seem more willing to back their rookies in and aren't afraid to put them in tough positions in the big moments. Port Adelaide in particular with Duursma, Butters and Rozee amongst others all tracking along nicely.

A player dropping a regulation chest mark with zero pressure around him is not because the coaching group have implemented a difficult or confusing game plan. Thats completely on the player just not being good enough.

That's true in isolation. And if a particular player keeps displaying below acceptable skills then he gets dropped and eventually delisted.

But when almost an entire team is displaying poor skills/decision-making, or previously skillful players start making poor skill errors, that points to the coach. Or do you think 22+ players can all regress/not reach their potential at the same time under a good learning environment?

can go on.

You could argue the Battle and Hind position switches have worked but when you swing so many players out of position... a broken clock is right twice a day.

Battle has been brilliant down back but now we have too many key defenders. Carlisle, Wilkie, Marsh, Brown, Clavarino... Might be worth swinging him forward now to help out Bruce and Membrey. I think Membrey is a third "tall" ideally but we've sooner put Marsh and Carlisle up forward to help them out. I think it's strange.

That's true in isolation. And if a particular player keeps displaying below acceptable skills then he gets dropped and eventually delisted.

But when almost an entire team is displaying poor skills/decision-making, or previously skillful players start making poor skill errors, that points to the coach. Or do you think 22+ players can all regress/not reach their potential at the same time under a good learning environment?
Very true. Been saying the same thing for a while now, especially considering they've drafted players for their elite skills who now seemingly s**t the bed every time they touch the ball...

can go on.

Agree Ads, although you’ve got to admit Hind out of position yesterday did ok ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people thought that was a great trade at the time, getting pick 21 for Stanley but the guy we got with pick 21 is now at Carlton so we basically gave away Stanley for nothing and now he's killing it as Geelong's no.1 ruckman and also going forward and kicking goals.
Stanley would never have developed into the player he is now at the saints.

Surely Richo should knows mids win you games and our mids were rank 6 years ago? unfortunately we put all our eggs into 5 1st round draft picks, Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Clark, Coffield... you would say none of them have made it as a good consistent mid so far..

This says everything about our poor development !

Stanley would never have developed into the player he is now at the saints.

I thought Stanley was one of our few kids that had developed. It would be like selling Marshall and Battle now for pick 21. We were sold a crock of s**t, we then sent Trout out and got a similar type to what we just sold. Like when we sold Mc Evoy then went and had to get Longer with a second round pick. Or like Hickey (who we over paid for) last year...now we want some one like Hickey to back up Marshall. You couldn't make up the stuff we do.

I thought Stanley was one of our few kids that had developed. It would be like selling Marshall and Battle now for pick 21. We were sold a crock of ****, we then sent Trout out and got a similar type to what we just sold. Like when we sold Mc Evoy then went and had to get Longer with a second round pick. Or like Hickey (who we over paid for) last year...now we want some one like Hickey to back up Marshall. You couldn't make up the stuff we do.
Easy to say about Stanley and Longer in hindsight to be fair. At the time I remember the consensus being that we'd sold Geelong a lemon and had made out like bandits with pick 21, his form was inconsistent at best and we didn't see him as a first ruck that he's playing as now, who Marshall is already better than anyway. Longer was a young ruck prospect who was taken at a high draft pick and was being chased by Hawthorn, it seemed like good business back then to get him for a second rounder.

Easy to say about Stanley and Longer in hindsight to be fair. At the time I remember the consensus being that we'd sold Geelong a lemon and had made out like bandits with pick 21, his form was inconsistent at best and we didn't see him as a first ruck that he's playing as now, who Marshall is already better than anyway. Longer was a young ruck prospect who was taken at a high draft pick and was being chased by Hawthorn, it seemed like good business back then to get him for a second rounder.

Not me, he was going well. Look back at my posts. Dumb people justify the club being dumb as a positive when we do dumb things.

On one hand plugger66 is correct. We have a lot of gaps & deficiencies in our playing group, skills & decision making two of them. But its also on the coaching group to instruct a strategic direction that is effective & simple for bozo footballers to follow! The players look confused - that is an issue.

I will not let the coach escape scrutiny when the players continue to have poor first quarters & as shown yesterday allow the opposition to kick a number of goals against us in a row. Brisbane kicked 9 straight & the players folded. Those two aspects of our game have become routine & suggest the players are not up to the fight. It is up to the coaching group to inspire & motivate - which clearly they are not doing.

For the past 6 years the club lead by Richo has failed to set high performance standards & provide critical & honest feedback to players & staff - that’s from Nick Riewoldt.

FWIW I’m really not keen on Rats. Let him go to North & hopefully our club conducts a thorough process to identity the most suitable coach.

Going on the results this year and our completely dysfunctional forward line, Ratts is part of the problem. Happy to cop abuse over this statement as most on here have seen him on par with the second coming, but the results speak for themselves.

I'd be reluctant to give him the main job on a full time basis. A nationwide search is what's needed. We are in a bit of strife atm.

Going on the results this year and our completely dysfunctional forward line, Ratts is part of the problem. Happy to cop abuse over this statement as most on here have seen him on par with the second coming, but the results speak for themselves.

I'd be reluctant to give him the main job on a full time basis. A nationwide search is what's needed. We are in a bit of strife atm.
just could be cattle at his disposal as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back