Review Round 14, 2019 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints came at us was worried at half time even after Lyons 2 great goals.
The the third we wet BANG. We took the foot off in the last work was done.
Players Big O fantastic grabs, Charlies goals, Zorko gone to another level this year so too Rich.
The interesting part was a lot of players came and went during the day, which is good and bad.
Bundy took his chance, McCarthy adds something, Rayner tried all day. EDIT Forgot Lyons had a great game
McStay goal kicking :(.. Hipwood got into the play more up the ground, be interesting to try him on a wing for a week.

Ins or outs be hard outs although as said a few players up and down. You think Bailey gets his spot back with Alison.
J Berry be a in if fit so would that be Matho's spot?
In the NEAFL T Berry had a great game today with Bundy/Basti out played more mid time and 13 tackles.

Last edited:
Here he goes with the sniping again
Have a read of your own post. We won by a large margin & you're sniping at the team!!!!!!
In addition, it was I who pointed out some time ago that you snipe. You tap the keyboard, offer little insight & snipe at people. Accusing me of doing the very thing I called you out on is juvenile. Give it a rest.

One of the huge reasons we won this game has been missed and quite frankly I'm disturbed that it hasn't been mentioned in the review thread yet.
giphy.gif

Yes that is the selection table and a couple of match committee members post the game.

Loved Bundy’s pressure today. Oscar offers much more than Archie. Made a huge difference having a solid option down the line. Rich is having a career best year and deserves a bit of team success. Robbo just keeps on cracking in and good to see no silly free kicks given away. So great to see a win in Vic. Well done boys, extremely proud of your efforts today!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I voted for Alan Christensen because his tackling was unbelievable tonight. I have bagged him out for ‘cheating’ in the past, but there was none of that tonight. That was his best even game in terms of commitment. Also ... how good was the BIG O?! McCarthy was dominant in the air (only 3cm taller than Squizzy Taylor) and and Zorko was great. I could keep going. Almost everyone did their bit. THEN THERE WAS CHARLIE!

Sat up amongst the lions supporters. See an increase in lions supporters each game which is great. 3rd quarter fantastic to watch. Fagan still has lots to work on with the players this week especially that last quarter. Charlie Cameron is a gem. Bundy great game. However, my votes go to the 2 wacky lions supporters who tried to gee up the lions supporters with various chants at every opportunity. Takes a special person to start up the chant, sip your beer and clap your hands at the same time. Lovely day up on level 3.

Last edited:
I gave my votes to Zorko, Cameron, Big O, Rich and Christensen.

And felt guilty for leaving Stef and Linc out.

Oh yeah......and Rich is elite......solid as a rock at halfback, takes contested and intercept marks with regularity and still has time to bob up and slot a long bomb goal just when it's needed.

Have a read of your own post. We won by a large margin & you're sniping at the team!!!!!!
In addition, it was I who pointed out some time ago that you snipe. You tap the keyboard, offer little insight & snipe at people. Accusing me of doing the very thing I called you out on is juvenile. Give it a rest.

Give the sniping a rest. Either provide a counterpoint or jog on

One of the huge reasons we won this game has been missed and quite frankly I'm disturbed that it hasn't been mentioned in the review thread yet.
giphy.gif

Yes that is the selection table and a couple of match committee members post the game.

You mean that the selection table got it right for a change?

Well I never

We won 3 of our 5 games with Harris Andrews out last year, by your logic we should have traded Harris.

I've also heard that when Hodgey wears red undies we have a 100% win rate.

He's pretty bad though. Wish you would just and it that already. The rest of the lions fanbase knows this already
Awful take.

Aren't you the biggest critic of archie Smith and calling him not AFL standard? Bit hyperbolic of you to call my take of Robertson as "awful", yet you do it yourself with Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's pretty bad though. Wish you would just and it that already. The rest of the lions fanbase knows this already

Aren't you the biggest critic of archie Smith and calling him not AFL standard? Bit hyperbolic of you to call my take of Robertson as "awful", yet you do it yourself with Smith.
Nobody is against reasoned and respectful discussion re team selection issues, your post re a great servant of our club Nick Robbo was beyond the pale and disgusting.

Gee it's a privilege to watch Hugh play live. Even today when he wasn't at his best his two goals were just class. I can't wait to watch him blossom into the one of the upper echelon of the competition on in the next few seasons.

Much more of a big fan of Oscar than I am a critic of Archie, but yeah, critically questioning whether a player has the attributes to be genuinely AFL standard is totally equivalent to saying we should tell a player to “**********”

What does beyond the pale mean?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
beyond the pale
phrase of pale

1. outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.
    "the language my father used was beyond the pale"
    synonyms:unacceptable, unseemly, improper, indiscreet, unsuitable, irregular, unreasonable, intolerable, disgraceful, deplorable, outrageous, scandalous, shocking, insupportable, objectionable, offensive, distasteful;

Great game all round by the team.

Big O was amazing. We really struggled to take a mark coming out of our backline against Carlton and Oscar showed how valuable he is playing that role. Have we signed him up long term? If not, we should!!

I'd be keen to see O given a game playing as CHF role in the future, I think he would be really good at it.

Charlie Cameron also awesome to watch.

Back