Review Round 14, 2019 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was fun.

Votes for Bundy (great game esp tackling), Stef (just quietly another massive game). Zorks (esp that third), Charlie (all those goals! especially while injured!) and Oscar (zomg the contested marks!).

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tight first half but always felt comfortable then amazing 3rd quarter...we kick 10 goals in the 3rd quarter for those younger board members who weren’t around it felt like every week in 2002/2003.

McStay was good, he’s really starting to fulfill his potential.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we can get an upgrade on Matho and Allison it would be handy

Not sure Matho has played a good game since round 1.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
OK . What stood out today .

Charlie ,Oscar ,Zorks . I was actually getting excited watching Oscar clunk those grabs. He's still a young guy ,lots more improvement in him

The Saints were a bit cooked but it was just fantastic to get an away win and do it on the bit.

Solid down back with Rich ,Dizzy and Harris .

The pressure Bundy brought to our forward fifty early really helped.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
ahem... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zorko take a flipping bow! Supreme effort, supreme team oriented play. That third quarter was delicious
Rayner upped his pressure nicely, and tbh if he had taken that one mark he would have had a great game. Good on him
Charles is a freak, and I mean that in the best possible way. Took his chances and that frenetic energy led between the posts finally!
and finally, BIG O down the line, and he marks it! hahaha. His tap work was great too

also great work by McCarthy too i think, had a real presence around the game. The usual suspects were good today too (Neale, Andrews, Dizzy). Also Bundy had some fire in him.

No team has put their foot to the throat after leading largely at 3qtr time, I didn't totally mind our lessening of pressure

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Charlie and Zorks the standouts. Both ruckmen terrific. Last vote went to Lyons but could've gone to any number of players but his two goals came at a ******* great time and scrapes him over the line.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Fantastic win by the boys-

1- The Big O and Stef were really good, particularly their marking around the ground.
2- Allen Christensen played a great game along with Linc and Charlie up front, pressure pressure pressure
3- Zorko was elite.
4- In Andrews and Gardiner we have 2 of the best defenders in the league.
5- Daniel Rich having a career best season.
6- McCluggage is having a down patch, he'll be back.
7- Rayner was greatly improved on his pre bye form.
8- The last quarter was a little disappointing but I'm sure we can live with it, can't whine about a 10 goal win after where we have been the last decade or so.
9- McStay was great as well, if he can fix up the set shots... look out.

Bring on the Demons.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Allison looked really poor today .Was he right ? Matho was poor ,just doesn't get enough of it nor is he polished enough when he does. Cam was better but he's stunk it up for 8 weeks ,we all know he's going to be a player and want him to be a superstar. Hodgey's really done I think but what do you do ,he's still liable to do something inspirational when you need it.

The big positives were Oscar ,Linc and Bundy . Plus Stef is just so underrated , kept us going first half.

Not sure about Allison from that game, certainly the stand out to get replaced.

Overall we battled well for the first half and then blew them apart in a fantastic 3rd quarter! Certainly dropped off in the last quarter.

Cameron, Big O and Zorks my 3,2,1.

Massive game against the Dees at home next week, go lions! So glad to see a win in Melbourne!

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fantastic win by the boys-

1- The Big O and Stef were really good, particularly their marking around the ground.
2- Allen Christensen played a great game along with Linc and Charlie up front, pressure pressure pressure
3- Zorko was elite.
4- In Andrews and Gardiner we have 2 of the best defenders in the league.
5- Daniel Rich having a career best season.
6- McCluggage is having a down patch, he'll be back.
7- Rayner was greatly improved on his pre bye form.
8- The last quarter was a little disappointing but I'm sure we can live with it, can't whine about a 10 goal win after where we have been the last decade or so.

Bring on the Demons.

Rayner field kicking is quite good and he makes good decisions. Just needs more of it. Sad he can back in the off season out of shape. Bit of a wasted opportunity especially for someone that struggles in that area. Next off season huge more midfield minutes and more use of his qualities.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back