Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Ross. Play Lewis. Keep Moore.

These three will determine, in part, how quickly we get ourselves back towards contending.

I am really disappointed with how Clarko has handled Moore this year, so far. You just have to look at how Christ Scott has backed Gryan Miers in and the results that have come with that. They are such similar players with similar attributes.

Tbh despite all the doom and gloom we'll probably win this. I know they're kinda in form and Paps and Bud ran a muck the other week vs the Eagles but can you imagine the mood that Clarko has and will be setting for this game? It's us against the world. We copped it this week. Expect the old guys to have a big one plus a rising star to shine.

This is where fans forget how good we had it. David Hale triple premiership player was solid as a ruckman but even better as a forward. Took a lot of pressure off the key forwards and made other teams key backs have more to worry about.

100% agree. Was a fantastic acquisition and massively underrated is his presence in the three peat.

Play Ross. Play Lewis. Keep Moore.

These three will determine, in part, how quickly we get ourselves back towards contending.

I am really disappointed with how Clarko has handled Moore this year, so far. You just have to look at how Christ Scott has backed Gryan Miers in and the results that have come with that. They are such similar players with similar attributes.

Probably helps that Miers plays in a functional forward line

You already answered the question. Our ball movement is slow deliberately. Clarko is trying to protect the defence. But it means we can't score as by the time we launch, it's flooded. Its the definition of insanity. Same **** for 12 months.

He won't take the shackles off. He simply doesn't trust our midfield.

Hence the low scoring **** shows we've been watching all year.

Looks like Ross the boss may have exchanged game strategy briefcases with the old switcheroo under the table over a coffee...
Our ball movement is horrendous :( so predictable & slow

I’m driving down with my 7 yr old Jaeger fan for this one. Really looking forward to some of the match ups in our backline & expect to see a bit more sling shot play at the SCG.

Points I want to see...
Intercept possession in the back half.
Slingshot attacking through the middle.
Lewis & Ross to stay deep.
Glass to have a 20 possession 5 tackle break out game.
McEvoy to monster Sinclair & drag the midfield up with him.

Hawks by 3 goals

In: Lewis, Ross
Outs: Stratton, Cegs

B: Frawley Brand Hardwick

HB: Impey O’Brien Sicily

C: Scully Sheils Henderson

HF: Bruest Gunston Burgoyne

F: Ross Lewis Puopolo

Fol: McEvoy O’Meara Worpel

Int: Smith Cousins Moore Glass

Have almost completely lost interest in footy at this stage, there’s no more than maybe 3-4 players that excite me on our list, it’s a terrible hawthorn footy side. In saying that, come tomorrow night I’ll be in front of the TV, swearing and carrying on.

Deep down I know the best thing for us is to lose but knowing what Clarko can produce we’re likely to roll them. Both teams are rubbish so I don’t think it’ll be a great spectacle, mainly looking for Lewis and Worpel to continue to develop, would love to see CJ play as well.

Because he knows ‘ “ likes” be coming.

Responding to someone for going completely out of their way in order to be disparaging is fishing for likes now?

Not sure the likes are worth the headache to be honest, it's painful having dialogue with you blokes who cry out about being persecuted when someone points out you're being a dolt.

Anyway - on topic, interested to see what Clarko does with the team as he's quite obviously having a look at different players to see what they're made of. I'm expecting a debut.

Have almost completely lost interest in footy at this stage, there’s no more than maybe 3-4 players that excite me on our list, it’s a terrible hawthorn footy side. In saying that, come tomorrow night I’ll be in front of the TV, swearing and carrying on.

Deep down I know the best thing for us is to lose but knowing what Clarko can produce we’re likely to roll them. Both teams are rubbish so I don’t think it’ll be a great spectacle, mainly looking for Lewis and Worpel to continue to develop, would love to see CJ play as well.
I wont lose my interest in the Hawks, but dear old Gil and his cohorts are doing their best to kill my interest in footy more generally.
Oh hang on, i cant say that now can i ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cj / miles - time to play one of these across half back! preferably cj need another look at miles.
Hanrahan - been on our list 3yrs? Our fwd line has been struggle town, why can't he get a game play him ahead of poppy, has more tricks than moore.
Howe- if he can't get a game in this midfield he is in trouble.
Jones- get him in, why do we take so long to play younger players.

On the outter smith,poppy,ceglar- just to inconsistent atm all good servants one good game 2 bad games where not gonna play finals.
Put wingard on ice why play him.. similar to jaeger first yr it has been interrupted since day dot. Send him home give him the mother of all preseasons! i want him ready pre season day1

My goodness, bring all three in and suddenly we have a functioning forward line!
Surely using Roughead as an onfield tutor for Lewis and Ross in the seniors is much more product than what is happening at the moment!!!
Since all three played for box hill last week, isn't this exactly what is happening at the moment?

Responding to someone for going completely out of their way in order to be disparaging is fishing for likes now?

Not sure the likes are worth the headache to be honest, it's painful having dialogue with you blokes who cry out about being persecuted when someone points out you're being a dolt.

Anyway - on topic, interested to see what Clarko does with the team as he's quite obviously having a look at different players to see what they're made of. I'm expecting a debut.
bf38.gif

I’m driving down with my 7 yr old Jaeger fan for this one. Really looking forward to some of the match ups in our backline & expect to see a bit more sling shot play at the SCG.

Points I want to see...
Intercept possession in the back half.
Slingshot attacking through the middle.
Lewis & Ross to stay deep.
Glass to have a 20 possession 5 tackle break out game.
McEvoy to monster Sinclair & drag the midfield up with him.

Hawks by 3 goals

In: Lewis, Ross
Outs: Stratton, Cegs

B: Frawley Brand Hardwick

HB: Impey O’Brien Sicily

C: Scully Sheils Henderson

HF: Bruest Gunston Burgoyne

F: Ross Lewis Puopolo

Fol: McEvoy O’Meara Worpel

Int: Smith Cousins Moore Glass

Enjoy and have fun, but remember only polite positives towards umpires and players.

I reckon you're a chance at 2 out of the 5 points you want to see. I'd like to see the other three too, but I'm not holding my breathe. Stratton out and Lewis in. Doubt too much is changed, yet.

Tbh despite all the doom and gloom we'll probably win this. I know they're kinda in form and Paps and Bud ran a muck the other week vs the Eagles but can you imagine the mood that Clarko has and will be setting for this game? It's us against the world. We copped it this week. Expect the old guys to have a big one plus a rising star to shine.

amok ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back