Preview Round 14, 2020: Hawthorn v Essendon, 27 August 2020, 4.40pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick turnaround to the next game, against the bitterest of enemies. I would expect Burgoyne to miss, and there may well be other changes to the team that fell just short against the Power as the Hawks are in list assessment mode. Preview and suggested changes here.

IN: Lewis, Walker

OUT: Burgoyne, O’Brien

B: Stratton, Hartley, Hardwick

HB: Jiath, Frost, Scrimshaw

C: Day, Mitchell, Scully

HF: Impey, Lewis, Wingard

F: Breust, Patton, Hanrahan

R: McEvoy, Worpel, Shiels

INT: Howe, Walker, Cousins, Glass

IN: Lewis, Walker

OUT: Burgoyne, O’Brien

B: Stratton, Hartley, Hardwick

HB: Jiath, Frost, Scrimshaw

C: Day, Mitchell, Scully

HF: Impey, Lewis, Wingard

F: Breust, Patton, Hanrahan

R: McEvoy, Worpel, Shiels

INT: Howe, Walker, Cousins, Glass

Man. You won’t let up on O’Brien, will you? Go back and look at how many goals he was involved in. I counted at least 4 without looking hard. His ability to hit the packs and being the ball to ground adds so much to our approach.

From my end, it’s time to let Stratton go. He made 200, now need to open spots in the team. Conversely to TOB, his actions (or lack thereof) cost us 3 goals. Probably won’t happen, but not sure what we gain by playing him from this point forward.

Man. You won’t let up on O’Brien, will you? Go back and look at how many goals he was involved in. I counted at least 4 without looking hard. His ability to hit the packs and being the ball to ground adds so much to our approach.

From my end, it’s time to let Stratton go. He made 200, now need to open spots in the team. Conversely to TOB, his actions (or lack thereof) cost us 3 goals. Probably won’t happen, but not sure what we gain by playing him from this point forward.

O’Brien drops way too many easy marks and doesn’t hit the scoreboard enough to be a forward threat.

He needs to sort out his nearly marks drops 4-5 marks a game that he should take until he fixes it criticism is justified there first goal was directly linked to a dropped mark in forward line and it could have been 4 goals to 0. Big difference.

Burgoyne? Did I miss something?
Out Hanrahan, Glass
in Maginness, Frawley
I am all for playing youth but would rather see the new young guys rather than HaNathan and Glass who We have seen enough of to know won’t make it.

why Frawley don’t think we missed him and Frost and Hartley held their own - god he can kick a footy

Keep Hartley and Frost as the key defenders. Loved CJ’s endeavour so he stays for mine. Cuz was good and Howe did some nice things in the second half. Ollie was handy and Patton looked in better touch than when he last played.

Silk will probably be managed with a short turn around.

Jaeger and Gunston obviously come back in if fit.

Play like we did today and we should win. Bombers are average and we would’ve won today with a fair shake from the maggots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'brien is just super average, and doesn't look like he's ever going to improve. Hardly takes marks, doesn't score more than a goal a game. Time to give up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back