Preview Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda - TIO Traeger Park, Saturday 29th August, 7:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I'm a huge fan of those selections.

It means Wilkie must play as a key defender on either Weideman or Brown.
Why?

FB: Wilkie - Howard - Long
HB: Clark - Battle - Coffield
RK: Ryder - Jones - Steele
CR: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Butler - Membrey - Geary
FF: Kent - King - Marshall
IC: Paton Sinclair Hind Phillips

Simples

Surprised to see Carlisle dropped and not an emergency. Hasn't been that bad but I suppose if we aim to go short then will be fine.
Lets just hope there is no late change for McDonald or Preuss to come in.

Dee's changes benefit us I reckon. Lost a lot of speed and defense. And have a very tall backline.
Key will be to keep Lever occupied though as he runs lose when O.McDonald plays and also have Tomlinson play back atm.

Where’d you hear this?
We’ve wasted about 5 pages discussing (arguing) who and how we are going to replace him ☺
there wasnothing else to talk about, so it was a good thing to surmise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

FB: Wilkie - Howard - Long
HB: Clark - Battle - Coffield
RK: Ryder - Jones - Steele
CR: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Butler - Membrey - Geary
FF: Kent - King - Marshall
IC: Paton Sinclair Hind Phillips

Simples
I'm not expecting Battle to play key defence. I thibk he plays a similar role to when Carlisle was rested 2 weeks ago.

I just prefer the two key defenders. I don't think Wilkie is quite that and prefer seeing him freed up in the air.

I also think that Jake has been very good this year outside of his last couple of weeks. Seems harsh to me.

I'm honestly not that fussed about it, just not the way I would have liked.

A bit surprised to see Carlisle dropped but he hasn't been in great form and our defence worked better without him against Essendon, Melbourne don't have much in the way of quality key forwards either which was probably a factor in dropping him as well.

Not that surprised to see Bytel dropped though, he hasn't made much of an impact in his last couple of games and Phillips had more impact in his two games.

Clark back in obviously strengthens our defence but hopefully he can play some more midfield as well which is Melbourne's main strength.

I can't help it, I absolutely detest Fritch's head.
I hate his screwed up rat like face, I hate his hair, I hate the way he plays football, and I think he has the most punchable face in football.
And I reckon he would smell worse than neckbeard.
So glad I don't have to look at that hideous bonce on the weekend.

Yes it is. What has that got to do with it. First in first out for some. Balance for others. I would think he was clearly in the first 8. You need to work harder to discredit.
So was he "first in first out" or "team balance" omission despite being top 6 to 8 the week before?

Back