Preview Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda - TIO Traeger Park, Saturday 29th August, 7:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly think Phillips is going to become a regular AFL footballer as anything more than a GOP? (Good-ordinary player).
I’m not saying he’s bad, he should be a depth player, and even said he was good prior to being dropped.

Hill is a different kettle of fish all together, I would have dropped him ages ago. Over Phillips the week Phillips was dropped even...
I just don’t think Phillips is going to be a part of our best 22 moving forwards.

Who knows, he's not the worst and plenty have survived longer with less. He's still young and seems to be earning games and been emergency a few times. I'll back him in then, I think he's been solid, he's deserved his spot and unlike some of our past players he's not getting them gifted.

Can’t remember but happy dropping guys for better proven players. Not happy dropping guys for unproven players. No idea why he was dropped. I was just trying to prove he was in the best 8 which I reckon was clear to those who watched. We won the next week so hard to argue with the decision. You can and I may as well. The problem is proving you are right. One is fact. The other is guess work.
I'm a bit concerned for your well being - you said something a few minutes ago and now you can't remember what you said - I suppose the big bonus for you is that its makes it so much easier for you to have an argument.

Hill seems to play off the back of the square now, Battle will move from a wing last week and take Carlisles spot, Phillips to Battle's wing. Makes sense and should be able to copy the Dogs putting them on the back foot all day.
Would just prefer to keep Carlisle back and Battle on a wing to be honest… I don't think Phillips is an AFL level wingman.

Gone smaller. Makes sense. They have bugger all height.

AFL site - big name Saints defender ( who came to the club for big dollars in 2015) dropped 🙄
Five Dees dropped , two for turning up late for training...ho hum

Quite a few of our highly regarded players didn't look interested in the first half against the Lions- Carlisle being a big offender. I reckon the pressure is on for better performances this week from a few players. Bytel will get better, but didn't get much of the ball last week, and I thought Phillips shouldn't have been dropped. King needs to do a bit better, and this will be his big chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiiiite we did too!! Wow. He did move to the Saints for more midfield time.... this would be his first start there I reckon.
The positions players are named in will be different to game day - but Kent is good at the contested ball so he could line up there.
Interested in the selections - Phillips , Sinclair , Hind on the bench - no doubt they will play more game time than Bytel last week but it will be interesting how they are going to rotate the midfielders.

People love hating on Carlisle. The AFL (and AFL media) will always try to use that for clicks when they get the chance.

Seriously 2015!!!
If he had come to us this year I could possibly understand the dig....but 2015!!

Back