Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

With king, he’s got speed on May. Kick it on the lead, it’s not hard.
King has to lead for that to happen

That loss was inexcusable. Just a disgraceful performance all round. We play dumb football and make too many stupid errors to be taken seriously as a club.

I am embarrassed right now. We have chocked finals again. Just another year where we continue being a pathetic loser club.

The most disappointing part was I actually believed we had moved past that and grew a backbone as a side. Jokes on me I guess.

Our most pathetic performance of the season.

Steele only one who can hold his head high.

If King isn't ready for AFL football do not play him. Useless again.

Still make the eight from here but don't we love to make things difficult.

Reckon this is your worst call Georgey. We do Max no favours by kicking on his head or his opponents side. Just put it out in front of him...

You get what you deserve when you don't have anything resembling a plan B.
This. The entire game plan problem has been bubbling away for a while now.

We do not implement a B or C. Its this high octane play on kick long to king. If it hits the deck then butler will mop up, game plan.

There is no thought to even implementing different things. We dont try to maintain the ball. We dont try to contest the hell out of it and slow it down.

Its literally go out there and have a crack with ya natural skill

So I'm not surprised we start panicking and bombing it long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals now slipping out of reach.

Really hard to take for a second week on the trot.

Hard to see us bouncing back from here.

I am about to get so colossally drunk

So much to dislike.

King just so frustrating. And don't tell me it was all s**t delivery because they were slipping through his hands like they were made of oil especially in the first half.

Missed set shots, Membrey lost at sea, our small forwards seemingly nowhere to be seen around the contest.

And the mids not lowering their eyes. Bugger me just so much to hate.

I swear to go the next person who says they'd still rather have picked Paddy over Petracca after he won the game off his own boot is braindead. Will rue that decision for another decade still.

you’re right.

So let’s keep talking about it forever and ever and ever and ever because that is fun to d

He is a great player in a very average side.

We played s**t and got beaten by a very average side.

It’s where we are at. We are young and inexperienced. This is our first taste in finals like games.

Richmond, Geelong and WCE then daylight As far as quality teams go.

We miss finals from here IMO but will be a better team again next year. In one off season we fixed a number of deficiencies taking us from a s**t side to an okay side. Hopefully next year we can push on and be a good side.

Too soon to put up sack Ratts and compare King to Ty Vickery?

We have to win 2 games to make the 8 now. Probably don't make it. Might as well have kept Richo.

Reckon this is your worst call Georgey. We do Max no favours by kicking on his head or his opponents side. Just put it out in front of him...
Just hopeless all round mate. Been sick of King dropping marks he should take for weeks and many opportunities for him tonight and was absolutely demolished. That's fine, just don't play him if he isn't up to it. Clearly not offering us anything.

That loss was 100% on the players, the umpires had nothing to do with it.

We need a new leadership team, out with the old and in with the new. We still don't have on field leadership from those that are meant to provide (Geary, Seb, whoever else). When the game is there to be won, they aren't there to lead that charge.

The most frustrating thing is, is that it feels like 1 step forwards 2 steps backwards. And it's the same mistakes time after time.

King deserves a rest. It's his first year at AFL level, so he deserves some slack, but he needs a rest. He's been poor for a few weeks, poor decision making and poor marking. He'll get better, but we don't need to try and burn him out like when Melbourne ruined Jack Watts.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Membrey. He's nowhere near it. If Marshall wants to play in the forward line, he needs to be able to kick goals. He routinely misses basic set shots.

Steele is a star, and I thought Sinclair was great tonight. Might be Hills best game for us so far, but he still isn't a match winner.

Dropping Carlisle for this game was a massive mistake. That was stupid.

I liked the ground, though. Fun to watch a game of footy at what looked like a suburban ground. Wouldn't mind if we took a game up there every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back