Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Port Adelaide 11.7.73 def Sydney 7.5.47

Remove this Banner Ad

After the past 2 weeks, I felt like I needed one of those Dr Evil style buttons - press it and the subject individual falls through the delisting trapdoor.

But in the cold hard light of day, Bell is the only player I’m pressing the button on right now.

Plus Stevie J on the coaching panel.

Yessssss Mr Bigglesworth, Stevie J must go.

That's fair if you consider he probably should have never got the gig with limited experience. One very clever half forward does not necessarily make a competent coach. To think some people were suggesting Brett Kirk as a senior coach ? We certainly have dropped our standards in the last 4 or 5 years imo but AFL is one big Job for the boys and mates mentality so nothing surprises where that is concerned.

Agree. The structure is terrible but shallow entries are not helping especially against well drilled defences. Then you have the pop gun attack where your key forward is 5 foot 5.

This. I do not get why our fwds esp the the kpfs do not lead. Are they acting to instruction? Or have they have realised it is pointless given it would be Clarke, JPK and Florent kicking it to them

That's fair if you consider he probably should have never got the gig with limited experience. One very clever half forward does not necessarily make a competent coach. To think some people were suggesting Brett Kirk as a senior coach ? We certainly have dropped our standards in the last 4 or 5 years imo but AFL is one big Job for the boys and mates mentality so nothing surprises where that is concerned.

As far as I am concerned we have got nothing decent out of Geelong since Greg Williams.

This. I do not get why our fwds esp the the kpfs do not lead. Are they acting to instruction? Or have they have realised it is pointless given it would be Clarke, JPK and Florent kicking it to them

Quite possibly is the case. Without flogging a dead horse i noticed this about Reid 2-3 times yesterday. Having said that the pedestrian way we move the ball sometimes coupled with one to many possessions in the chain must be frustrating.

It's hard to tell who's going to make it when they're all just kids. They're persisting with Bell so he must be showing something. Nice goal though.

Needs to get a sense of urgency into his game and he could still make a player. Has the attributes but looks one of 2 things. Either very lazy or not very sure of his ability. He was terrible yesterday.

Needs to get a sense of urgency into his game and he could still make a player. Has the attributes but looks one of 2 things. Either very lazy or not very sure of his ability. He was terrible yesterday.

agree.

He looks a fish out of water as a small fwd. One of the guy's strengths is running. Would liked to have seen how he went up the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange he was kept in and Stephens out , at least Stephens looks like he knows what he's doing

Strange he was kept in and Stephens out , at least Stephens looks like he knows what he's doing

Stephens is built like an under 18 footballer and still plays like one. He has shown nothing at this stage. It is first year and he deserves time. He may be a good player in the future. In saying that our recent drafting does nothing to say he will be a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back