Review Round 14 2021 - GWS Giants v Carlton, 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium, Sat 19 June

Not only does the umpire call advantage when we've stopped, but he shepherds Kelly away from Saad's shot. That's worth at least $600k pa from Carlton given what they're paying Williams.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Briggs a nice mark, and good conversion. Flynn + Briggs will be a good ruck/forward combo into the future.

And I agree with the earlier comment about the backline shaping up well - Taylor/Buckley/Idun/Ash/Cumming & possibly Perryman could potentially be an outstanding backline. We do need another KPD; and in the long run an intercepting tall (possibly Cam Fleeton?) to replace Nick Haynes. (And Josh Fahey to still fit in.)

These umpires really need to get a ******* clue about players coming around off their line. Miles off then, no play on call. Wouldn't have made a difference but they used to be right on this 10 rounds ago.

Toby a class above, what a star.

12 tackles from Taranto. Overall, I thought the midfied brigade did their job tonight. And I thought our inside 50 entries were good, helped by Carlton letting Whitfield run freely.

De Boer kept Walsh quiet and even after the tag, Walsh still couldn’t get into the game.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Just when you thought the VFL umpiring department had done everything possible to destroy the integrity of the game, along come the clowns in lime tonight.

How the ‘Dan Andrews’ does TFG get put on report for an innocuous game of handbags?

If that’s the standard, then Tom Lynch should be reported 20 times a match.

Is someone’s mate in Melbourne having a flutter on Toby getting suspended, or is it just pure malice against a player who can’t even jag a free kick when his shoulder is broken in front of multiple umps?

This is well past being a very unfunny joke.

Time for Matthew’s to register a formal complaint about the blatant targeting of TFG by the umpires with Gil and his henchmen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Just when you thought the VFL umpiring department had done everything possible to destroy the integrity of the game, along come the clowns in lime tonight.

How the ‘Dan Andrews’ does TFG get put on report for an innocuous game of handbags?

If that’s the standard, then Tom Lynch should be reported 20 times a match.

Is someone’s mate in Melbourne having a flutter on Toby getting suspended, or is it just pure malice against a player who can’t even jag a free kick when his shoulder is broken in front of multiple umps?

This is well past being a very unfunny joke.

Time for Matthew’s to register a formal complaint about the blatant targeting of TFG by the umpires with Gil and his henchmen.

according to a poster on the main board game day thread, Razor Ray was caught on mic calling Toby a Dick

Carlton paid a free kick, toby on the mark. After the Carlton player moved the ball on razor goes 'your a dick Toby' - mics picked it up

only a single poster though, can’t confirm will try to listen for it when I watch the replay.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
according to a poster on the main board game day thread, Razor Ray was caught on mic calling Toby a Dick

only a single poster though, can’t confirm will try to listen for it when I watch the replay.

The fact that this sounds even plausible speaks to an umpiring department whose reputation is in tatters.

No other club has their Captain treated with such complete disrespect as we do.

Just over it, time to hold the guilty accountable in VFL umpiring-land.

Back