Autopsy Round 14, 2021: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing result given we wasted so many early set shot opportunities. But I'll take that effort and the signs of growth from our young players over the crap we dished up in May.

This team is still finding its feet but is showing plenty of glimpses as to how bright the future can be.

The Match Committee got No fu**en Balls!!

Woweee csglar played hi god Tokenshio courage game last week and the Match Committee fall for that Crapola!

Also, Reeves should also be playing the Right Now game he brings enthusiasm and spiritual culture high and belief.

Ceglar and Cousins are Binned.

Not going to move forward amd win the next priemshos with this Crapola listes players on front of Reeves and Downie!!!!
How do we get someone a taxi on BF?

We didn’t get the chocolates but plenty to like from today, and importantly it was the kids that showed the way.

Loved Kosi’s game today. Great set of dukes and will only get better with more experience. Has barely played 10 games.

I think I have a man crush on Dimma.

CJ is developing nicely. Has a real burst of pace and takes the game on. Will be a match winner for us in the not to distant future.

I liked Howe’s game.....becoming more consistent. Worth persisting with.

I like Moore but not feeling it. Can’t help but think he belongs in the mid field getting in and under. Looks like and old fashioned centreman to me.

Day and Duke might have lowered their colours today, but part of the ups and downs of playing kids that have played so few games.

Overall some promising signs, but still a number of holes to fill before we start to challenge.

In Clarko we trust

Unfortunately we play the home game of Shaun’s 400th at Marvel.
Against Port, think it would be time for him to go out as long as a decent crowd in allowed

Wingard is the real shock here... he can't kick 40 anymore.
And has no pace. Think the leg injuries have really impacted him

Wouldn’t shock if Burgs pulls the pin after 400.
Would like to see him play he’s 400 and last at the MCG with crowds, so we can give him a big farewell, of what a champion of the club he had been
Agree. Think it would be a great result for him to play his final game on 400 and for the Hawks to get a few games into someone else .

He has to, he is absolutely cooked. We have to get him to 400 after giving him a contract for the year. I still disagree with giving him this year though, but it is done now.
Needs to retire at 400. No questions asked now.
401. We need to get him past that * player.

Should be ticked off with Hartigan TBH. He plays today on Hooker instead of Frost we actually have the match-up for Stringer. Particularly when he drifted forward. Frost did a great job but that's what cost us today. The matchups and the midfield.
What cost us today was our inefficiency in front of goal

Two areas that we got smacked

First Ruck, Drapper gave Cegs a bath. (Reality kicked in quick)

Second key defender for Jones. (Not sure why TOB wasn't rolled back ala Adelaide game)

Positives-
Effort was there, another debutant, we hit a few leading forwards (hurray), Burger 1 game closer to 400, Impey continued his impressive return from an ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never good losing to them. If we were more efficient it would’ve been a different story. Still, it’s good to see we are playing a much more competitive brand of football than what we dished up a few weeks ago. Playing like that, we’ll win more than we lose going forward.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that without Sicily in the team we have nobody who can kick further that 35 metres?

Yep if we were a set of golf clubs we would be missing our woods. Teeing off every hole with a 4 iron and have 3 different wedges in our bag that’s for sure .

I’m liking it more every week. But for bad kicking at goal and the teeny bonker having a day out, we’d have won this game. Small steps but I’m liking them.
Can we please get everyone on the media to change "the package" to "the teeny bonker".

Newcombes leg speed is a massive concern. Watching players run past him like he is a statue at times is tough to watch.
Only been on an AFL list for 2 weeks mate. 2nd week in probably still sore from his first game that was a step up.

He had an impressive chase down on hind who is very quick.

AFL conditioning only comes from playing AFL.

As always things are not as dire as being made out to be.

Our midfield last week was brilliant. This week not so much. Why? Last week we got it all balanced by adding Newcombe to what was there. This week we lost vital components in Chad Morrison and Worpel. This threw out the balance - new players like Cousins come in and others were forced to fill roles.

But also if we kick straight we win.

Also Chad Wingard is a really really good player in a form slump. I am certain DGB comes in and will finally give us some joy.

We aren't winning the flag this year but neither are they. And for all their supposed talent the one who got the over the line is Jake Stringer.

Is it strange to be semi okay after a loss to the scum (I even lost a bottle of don julio on it), we have so much upside on the list and thought we would have won if we converted in front. Sure their were some poor players but it’s good to see them now when the heat is on.

Scrimshaw and kozzi are becoming really fine players and we have known all along but it’s the midfield to fix.

Am I allowed to have the thought that our gameplan and structures are designed to slow the game down to create a lack run and give the opposition time to defend and Overall outcome is to create honerable losses to bring in some
Top end talent whilst also teaching us to tightly defend? (Or is that crazy)

and in some morbid way loosing the rub of the green to some blatantly bizarre umpiring week on week just builds our mindset for the future.

Also unfortunately tassie is now dead to me, love the place but for our club we need to be so far removed from it, it is no longer our home ground for the fans. Play a few away games or one a year but that’s it.

A lot of upside still to come in!

Only been on an AFL list for 2 weeks mate. 2nd week in probably still sore from his first game that was a step up.

He had an impressive chase down on hind who is very quick.

AFL conditioning only comes from playing AFL.

‘I don’t think he’s slow maybe just conditioning

We didn’t get the chocolates but plenty to like from today, and importantly it was the kids that showed the way.

Loved Kosi’s game today. Great set of dukes and will only get better with more experience. Has barely played 10 games.

I think I have a man crush on Dimma.

CJ is developing nicely. Has a real burst of pace and takes the game on. Will be a match winner for us in the not to distant future.

I liked Howe’s game.....becoming more consistent. Worth persisting with.

I like Moore but not feeling it. Can’t help but think he belongs in the mid field getting in and under. Looks like and old fashioned centreman to me.

Day and Duke might have lowered their colours today, but part of the ups and downs of playing kids that have played so few games.

Overall some promising signs, but still a number of holes to fill before we start to challenge.

In Clarko we trust
I was going to post, but you pretty much said all I wanted to say.

With a couple of good pick-ups in the draft and more game time experience, I think we're not too far off.

Positive signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back