Autopsy Round 14, 2021: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost doubled in clearances halfway through the last, and it tells a big part of the tale today. Backline and forward kept us in for large parts of the game, while Essendon continued to have it all their way out of the middle.

The most frustrating part for mine, is that we seem either reluctanct or completely incapable of closing the opposition down in there.

Go at it.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Cousins is a great VFL footballer but he is not AFL standard, we do not need to see more of him this year.

Also Ceglar is just not someone you can rely on week to week. Any given week he can have his pants completely pulled down, no thanks.

Reeves in please.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm generally a really positive supporter, but I can't remember seeing a midfield get pumped as bad as we did today. Not just the lack of clearances, but getting nowhere near them.

... if you're getting smashed, man up and stay tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I'm generally a really positive supporter, but I can't remember seeing a midfield get pumped as bad as we did today. Not just the lack of clearances, but getting nowhere near them.

... if you're getting smashed, man up and stay tight.
It has been that way for 18 months, 0 accountability.

Viddiot

All Australian
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The usual hoodoo...missed set shots early on and then surrendering late goals right at the end of quarters.
Glad CJ isn't hurt.
Giants and Freo winning takes some of the sting out of it. Meh.

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Inaccuracy in front of goal, some straight up bemusing umpiring decisions, the white trash king Stringer inflating his already over-hyped ego, all combining to a loss to this ridiculous club is a shite way to end the weekend

Off to watch the Storm highlights on repeat me-thinks

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Inaccuracy in front of goal, some straight up bemusing umpiring decisions, the white trash king Stringer inflating his already over-hyped ego, all combining to a loss to this ridiculous club is a sh*te way to end the weekend

Off to watch the Storm highlights on repeat me-thinks

Agree on every count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back